• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

How did you know!?!?!?

I'm psychotic psychic.

(Well, okay, not really. I'm Mad. But Jack is psychic.)

15 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

If chickens didn't exist, what would everything else taste like?

Eggs?

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

it's Mad Jack. You will soon learn that it is often better to not ask such questions of him, lest you learn the answer

Oooooooo. I see now. Gotcha.

22 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm psychotic psychic.

(Well, okay, not really. I'm Mad. But Jack is psychic.)

Oooooooo. @ShadowRaven was right. I see now. Gotcha.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

In other news... I've talked about this on the discord but wanted to share here a bit too.  Mrs Wulf and I adopted a couple of kitties this weekend.  They got a little sick earlier this week and haven't been eating, though they are back to drinking on their own again and are showing signs of feeling better, and have at least nibbled a little food this afternoon.  I've resisted spamming the thread here with pictures but I absolutely have to share this one because it made my heart melt.  it's crazy how quickly these little critters can take over our hearts.

IMG_20200714_195943998_(1).thumb.jpg.e10b20d46e0f63164a925889d3245ca1.jpg

Please, please spam us with as many photos as possible! That's a gorgeous pair of junior feline overlords! :wub: Are they siblings?

Glad the little squeakers are doing better. Ours had a lot of tummy issues when they were young and it turned out that the rescue organization had used an adult wormer on them instead of a kitten one. Thankfully, we got it sorted out fairly quickly once out vet sussed out the problem.

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

the Deep fried munchy box looks tasty and I don't have to ask what any of that is.  I don't think I could finish it though and I know I would regret it... but I would still try!

BTW:  its still not as impressive as the burger king breakfast sandwich. 6 inches long, 2 inches wide and 2200 calories each!

the other box though, that's a little more questionable.  I thought I had it figured out until I saw what looks like a chicken leg coming out of what I thought was the donner kebab in the lower left. now I am confused and a little disturbed

@Crowley  Thanks!   I think I have something to listen to tonight!

I think(hope!) that the oddly shaped part is just a weird looking bit of donner meat. Your have to pay extra for something as exotic as a chicken drumstick, you know!

That breakfast sandwich sounds a lot like a local delicacy called a "Scooby Snack". It's a hamburger, square sausage, cheese, bacon, potato scone, fried egg, with both red and brown sauce, all served in a burger bun. Smells amazing, but I don't even want to think about the calories.

3 hours ago, Thoramel said:

The fact that I had to look up what at least four of the items are in that munchy box immediately made me feel like a healthier person. And can I just say, I have never seen such a genuine"you-know-you-want-it-look" on someone selling food before. 

3 hours ago, TripleH said:

While the Hoagie's appearance leaves a lot to be desired @Kuroneko, those Munchy boxes look quite appetizing. Thank goodness I don't have the appetite anymore to even think about attempting to eat those in one sitting.

Munchy boxes are the classic "wandering home drunk" foodstuff around here. I once came home to my housemate carefully removing the batter from a deep fried hamburger and offering it to Diva. Diva was just looking offended by the entire process :rolleyes:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I think(hope!) that the oddly shaped part is just a weird looking bit of donner meat. Your have to pay extra for something as exotic as a chicken drumstick, you know!

that is... even more disturbing.  though after my reaction to the first time I was offered a donner kabab my British co-workers are very careful when mentioning them (I took the story of the Daumer party and ran with it...)

That breakfast sandwich sounds a lot like a local delicacy called a "Scooby Snack". It's a hamburger, square sausage, cheese, bacon, potato scone, fried egg, with both red and brown sauce, all served in a burger bun. Smells amazing, but I don't even want to think about the calories.

Never had one of those.  the US really doesn't do brown sauce (which is too bad) we firmly believe in butter.... lots of butter.  its tasty but it leaves you hungry by lunch!

Munchy boxes are the classic "wandering home drunk" foodstuff around here. I once came home to my housemate carefully removing the batter from a deep fried hamburger and offering it to Diva. Diva was just looking offended by the entire process :rolleyes:

Your housemate needs access to a dog.  they will eat anything.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Never had one of those.  the US really doesn't do brown sauce (which is too bad) we firmly believe in butter.... lots of butter.  its tasty but it leaves you hungry by lunch!

We have "steak sauce" which is considered food of culinary heathens.

Then there is "taco sauce", which is kind of a mystery.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*glues hair to himself, runs in* You called for help?

So that's where my beard went after I shaved it off...

We were worried after it got out and started chasing the birds.

The Auld Grump

47 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Your housemate needs access to a dog.  they will eat anything.

Or bury it....

The Auld Grump - or carry it around, hoping that you will throw it....

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

We have "steak sauce" which is considered food of culinary heathens.

Then there is "taco sauce", which is kind of a mystery.

Neither of these are "food". Nor are they the ingredients used to make or flavor food. They're not even what food eats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

6 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Sorry to hear that, mate. Salmonella is the worst...

What... IS that?!?!? :blink:

When you listed off the ingredients, it sounded okay up until the mystery sauce and rejected naan, but when I saw it... Mercy.

It got to the point where when chicken was on the menu our entire shop would pass on it and eat at the forward galley which was open 23 hours a day and served something that was hot, fast, and safe to eat.  Burgers, chili, and similar were the usual menu.

All a part of the "adventure" of shipboard life on an aircraft carrier.

GEM

5 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Back in the day, drunk me would have probably chowed down on that in a heartbeat! Middle aged me, on the other hand, is just looking at that and shaking my head. 

But seriously, food waste is a big issue. It's nice to see your local food vendors are doing their part to combat that by putting all of the stuff they would normally throw out in a "hoagie."

C.M.O.T. Dibbler comes to mind.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5