Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

11 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Please, please spam us with as many photos as possible! That's a gorgeous pair of junior feline overlords! :wub: Are they siblings?

Glad the little squeakers are doing better. Ours had a lot of tummy issues when they were young and it turned out that the rescue organization had used an adult wormer on them instead of a kitten one. Thankfully, we got it sorted out fairly quickly once out vet sussed out the problem.

We were told that they were littermates. they at least share a birthday.  

Do you remember what they did to get yours settled? right now I'm giving them a once a day liquid medicine.  They won't eat on their own but doc has me mixing a little water into their food to make it into a slurry and giving it to them in a syringe, they'll swallow it but they don't seem to care for the experience (I don't blame them).  We had some food down for them overnight that they didn't touch (depspite 2am romps across the bed) so I had to resume this morning.

They napped a lot and had short energy playtimes last night, but they're also very clingy which tells me they're still not feeling the best.

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

We have "steak sauce" which is considered food of culinary heathens.

Then there is "taco sauce", which is kind of a mystery.

One of my dad's favorite jokes at a restaurant is, after he's ordered a steak if the waitstaff asks if he needs anything else like A1 or barbecue sauce, he'll look at them and ask "Why, what did you do to the steak?"

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I am home early from work today. Been a bad day. My mother informed me my dog died via text message.

My sympathies.

image.png.1ad4334078cf1c437b9bc915a0af3079.png

16 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

If you ask for a Hoagie in this parts, you'll get one of these monstrosities :zombie: Kebab meat, chicken tikka, cheese, fries and mystery sauce, all wrapped up in something that might possibly be a rejected nan bread. 

Hoagie2.thumb.jpg.a64902eccd4513a8fd242d3387cd58d9.jpg

My housemate will occasionally bring one home after a work night out. Even Loki won't eat them, and he eats bugs!

It reminds me of our Dutch/Turkish Kapsalon.

We sometimes indulge ourselves on this top it off with an icecream and a coke and then feel guilty about it for the rest of the month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapsalon

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

We were told that they were littermates. they at least share a birthday.  

Do you remember what they did to get yours settled? right now I'm giving them a once a day liquid medicine.  They won't eat on their own but doc has me mixing a little water into their food to make it into a slurry and giving it to them in a syringe, they'll swallow it but they don't seem to care for the experience (I don't blame them).  We had some food down for them overnight that they didn't touch (depspite 2am romps across the bed) so I had to resume this morning.

They napped a lot and had short energy playtimes last night, but they're also very clingy which tells me they're still not feeling the best.

This might sound daft, but are you mixing warm water into their food? Kittens really don't like cold food, so warming it up a little bit might help. 

Mixing the water into the food is a good idea, kittens can get dehydrated really easily. A good way to check is to gently pinch their scruff, then let it go. If it springs back down immediately, then all is well. If it keeps the shape at all, you need to get liquids into them fast. 

Try feeding them little and often and make sure that you brush them with a soft brush afterwards - it replicates their mother licking them and will make them feel more secure. Our pair were pretty much feral/non socialized when we got them, so we housed them in a 3ft by 6ft dog crate in the living room so they could get used to us. It also gave them a good 'base camp' so that they knew where their litter tray and bed was. 

We tried lots of different foods with ours, along with tuna, scrambled eggs(no salt or milk) and various different kitten foods. Every time, they would eat for a bit then have massive amounts of liquid diarrhea( including blood) After a month, we switched vets and they immediately told us to worm them again with a specific kitten wormer. Two days later they were absolutely fine. 

To be honest, I would just keep doing what you're doing. It sound like your kitties might not have been weaned properly, but you just need to get food into them at this stage. Try putting a little bit of food on your fingers and popping it in their mouths of you can. Little and often, maybe every color of hours unless they're asleep.

Sorry about all the rambling, I'm fighting a migraine at the moment. 

I follow a rescue organization called Minicattown on Instagram, they are absolutely amazing at looking after sickly kittens and turning them around into adoptable little bundle of fluff. You might want to email them for some tips on how to get the little ones to feed, I'm sure they would be happy to give advice.

Hope they feel better soon!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

End of Work Day!

*** Glittery explosion through the Office Door, heading in the direction of the parking lot***

I'm Very Jealous!  My day is just getting started.  but at least its only 2 days to the weekend...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

This might sound daft, but are you mixing warm water into their food? Kittens really don't like cold food, so warming it up a little bit might help. 

Try feeding them little and often and make sure that you brush them with a soft brush afterwards - it replicates their mother licking them and will make them feel more secure. Our pair were pretty much feral/non socialized when we got them, so we housed them in a 3ft by 6ft dog crate in the living room so they could get used to us. It also gave them a good 'base camp' so that they knew where their litter tray and bed was. 

To be honest, I would just keep doing what you're doing. It sound like your kitties might not have been weaned properly, but you just need to get food into them at this stage. Try putting a little bit of food on your fingers and popping it in their mouths of you can. Little and often, maybe every color of hours unless they're asleep.

Sorry about all the rambling, I'm fighting a migraine at the moment. 

Hope they feel better soon!

Snipped some for length

yes, I've tried ambient and warm and cold with them just to be sure. Warmed when it's in the dropper results in less of a fight so i'll continue doing that.  I tried eggs and three different brands/types of food, right now I have some prescription food they use for post op cases that's super stinky and high calorie. It gets some sniffs but no bites.

they're staying pretty well hydrated, I'm keeping an eye on that, both with the scruff test and seeing that they're visiting the water bowl and litter box often. Today they've had some playful spells followed by long spells of wanting to be held in my lap.  they don't appear to be holding me shoving food in their mouths against me.  next round of medication is soon, I'll give them a little time after that and then put down some fresh food.

Sorry about the migrane, hope that gets better soon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, TripleH said:

W.O.O.F. BEWARE!!!!!

It appears that with the induction of @MusicalFeline into M.E.O.W., they are attempting to up their game:

yeh im veree dangrus an all o dose bad ppl in woof btter watch out.

Good golly, I forgot how fun it was to write in modern middle-schooler horrible English.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

RTB Pro Tips! is not streaming today.  This was in the chat window:

Moderator10-Month Subscriber (9-Month Badge)cheer 100Reaper___Jon: @chat this mornings episode of RTB has been caneled, we will be back later this after noon with Painting platinum and Reaper Live.

Don't forget tomorrow is Anne's AMA with planned giveaways, though I don't know what.  You can post questions, even random questions, in the anne-ama channel on Reaper's Discord.  This is an invite to Reaper's Discord:  https://discord.com/invite/dhDQWjn

Edited by Serenity
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, TripleH said:

W.O.O.F. BEWARE!!!!!

It appears that with the induction of @MusicalFeline into M.E.O.W., they are attempting to up their game:

107700099_2667535073562147_6915300728934856529_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=CGCO7p3aWaIAX_Obyx9&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=e0e0151ee9964e771d47313140ef3c19&oe=5F364903

51 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

yeh im veree dangrus an all o dose bad ppl in woof btter watch out.

Good golly, I forgot how fun it was to write in modern middle-schooler horrible English.

wolf___motivational_by_moon_light_sky-d5yqhc2.jpg

WOOF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

wolf___motivational_by_moon_light_sky-d5yqhc2.jpg

Don't be sorry. The unimpressive factor was intentional, as now you don't suspect a thing and we can stealthily infiltrate and destroy all of our enemies because now you realize how unimpressive MEOW is. You don't need to worry about us at all. Really.

Man, I'm having too much fun with the strikethrough function. 

• Haha 12