Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

16 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

Don't be sorry. The unimpressive factor was intentional, as now you don't suspect a thing and we can stealthily infiltrate and destroy all of our enemies because now you realize how unimpressive MEOW is. You don't need to worry about us at all. Really.

Man, I'm having too much fun with the strikethrough function. 

Overlord.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Cygnwulf said:

**Whistles innocently** I'ma need this.... yoink.

Though, with me having kittens now, I find I have a conflict of interest in this.....

No Worries, we have some turncoat felines in our organisation.

I mean, how else are we going to spy on those felines?

image.png.37fbbe57d2ede5434887a325447e8a9d.png

• Haha 14

12 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

No Worries, we have some turncoat felines in our organisation.

I mean, how else are we going to spy on those felines?

image.png.37fbbe57d2ede5434887a325447e8a9d.png

They missed a prime opportunity to make an awful pun and say “you’re kitten!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

While fumbling around Discord, I found a post from Spoons (Planar Crossroads) that Anne had a stream today on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/paintingbig.  So if you'd like to see how Anne does without Justin's help, check it out.  It is the first stream she's done on that channel.  The topic is prepping and pinning a large model.

ETA: I've watched it, and she did a good job.  She had to show how she corrects a drilling error.  She will need 50 follows to become an affiliate, plus other requirements.  

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@SparrowMarie Love the shirts.

As for the other thing.

It's your decision, if you and hubby agree on this, than that's all that really matters.

Try to explain it to those you want to understand, but if they don't it's their problem.

It's not mandatory you know, I do understand some people are expecting it, but it isn't their vote.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Painting Platinum! #32 started around 3:03 PM.  Sadie is painting Hajad, Pirate (77134).  There's a giveaway of paint and a pokey tool for every five subs, a couple new colors she mixed, a pink and a purple. I think both are metallics.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

Edited by Serenity
Fact check.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Had a very heavy conversation about kids with Husband last night.

Reveal hidden contents

I think we've come to the consensus that, for many reasons, we shouldn't have kids. I'm a little gutted but I'll grieve and eventually be at peace. It ended up being ultimately my decision because, well, my body and whatnot. With all my mental health stuff I'm not sure if I'd even survive a pregnancy because I'd have to go off my meds. And because of a surgery I had in 2012 gave me an exponentially higher risk of 2nd trimester miscarriage and we agreed that we didn't want to go through that. I mean I know that's not a definite but it is a big thing.

I told Sibling yesterday and they seemed fine with it, I just need to figure out how to tell my mom and /maybe/ my MIL. I think my mom would take it much better since she is a nurse so she understands all the medical stuff. MIL, I think, would lose it. She's been making comments for ages about us having kids or not having kids and I don't know if I even want to tell her. I mean it's not really her business but if we tell her we came to a decision about it maybe she'll stop making the comments?

Just want to reach out and say that you're not alone. I've sat on the other side of that conversation a couple of times. First when my wife and I had to decide if a kid was worth a risk to her health, and then again when we decided that despite all of our efforts that no, it was not. And the subsequent discussions with family where pretty tough. Please just remember that during all of these experiences, both the emotions you're likely struggling with right now and the ones you're going to feel in the future, that you are not to blame. Please try and put your emotional and physical health first, no matter what others claim this may be doing to them. Be strong and good luck.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

deep fried hamburger

These words make me happy.....

19 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Neither of these are "food". Nor are they the ingredients used to make or flavor food. They're not even what food eats.

Well, technically.... They do contain substances that are legally required to be labeled "This material is known to be a FOODSTUFF", so.... <shrugs>

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Okay, now this is interesting...

They've discovered a bacteria that eats manganese...

It got me thinking:

Sometimes when I strip my minis with Simple Green I don't get all the paint off so I rinse them off under the tap and then drop them back in the SG and end up forgetting about them for a few weeks. Or months.

Every so often, I have one eventually end up with a dark, scaly coating on it.

Since manganese is used as a pigment in paint, I wonder if these guys could be causing that...

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Snipped some for length

yes, I've tried ambient and warm and cold with them just to be sure. Warmed when it's in the dropper results in less of a fight so i'll continue doing that.  I tried eggs and three different brands/types of food, right now I have some prescription food they use for post op cases that's super stinky and high calorie. It gets some sniffs but no bites.

they're staying pretty well hydrated, I'm keeping an eye on that, both with the scruff test and seeing that they're visiting the water bowl and litter box often. Today they've had some playful spells followed by long spells of wanting to be held in my lap.  they don't appear to be holding me shoving food in their mouths against me.  next round of medication is soon, I'll give them a little time after that and then put down some fresh food.

Sorry about the migrane, hope that gets better soon.

It sounds like you're doing all the right stuff and that they trust you to help them. The fact that they have the energy to have playful spells is a good sign, as is the fact that they're using the litter box. Hopefully their appetites will come back soon, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I battered my migraine into submission with a lot of meds. I used to have an amazing cat that would drape himself over my head and purr the migraine into submission, but he passed over the rainbow bridge a long time ago. I really with I could teach our current feline overlords that particular trick! 

@SparrowMarie, as someone who tried and failed multiple times on that front, I can confirm that it's not worth putting yourself through, physically or mentally. You need to do what's best for you and I'm glad that your hubby is supporting you. 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

It's official - Brigid is now registered with pre-kindergarten, and starts this year, squeaking by the age requirement with just three weeks to spare. ::):

Head Start (as it was called then) was where I learned to read - and why Fun With Dick and Jane was such a huge disappointment - by then I was already reading Jules Verne.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was my first 'grown up book'. I still own that copy. ::):

image.png.499f7a1b33d9d3ae27dfe8d691b35d2b.png

I worked my way through all twelve volumes in the Educator Classic Library before the end of first grade, and soon enough it will be Brigid's starting library.

The Auld Grump

This is assuming that the school year actually starts, of course.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2