Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

For the Hockey fans:

SEATTLE (AP) — The NHL’s newest team finally has its name: the Seattle Kraken.

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

When will they be released?

Ha!  I literally came to the forum just to share that same news!  Apparently they made a deal with Kraken rum, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Apparently our local CFL team is changing their name.. What a pity, I'll miss the name.  Sure hope they don't go the way the Trappers did (baseball team), what with several name changes and then nobody playing at Telus Field for years now... 

Meanwhile, local hockey team still loves their orange and blue, with occasional deep blue, and has a sillyish name. :P

Yeah, but I do get the reason for the change. I do miss the Trappers, even if I find baseball a silly game to watch others play.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keianna said:

My new girls! They are rescue guinea pigs from an acquaintance of a friend. Some people just don't need pets. But they are mine now. They have new names cause their old names were dumb (and we don't know which was which). I have decided on Erza and Juvia. Erza is a soft sweet heart and Juvia is nervous and was never socialized with people. They are slowly learning what vegetables taste like, but at least they are enthusiastic about hay. 

This is Erza

1607393197_IMG_20200723_1720161462.thumb.jpg.27b2a8df6fcc2de040b959311231dfc4.jpg

And this is Juvia

1509205241_IMG_20200723_1722577472.thumb.jpg.8199bb62a3d94e81a347feea8f6eff82.jpg

And more cute

IMG_20200723_175015191.thumb.jpg.0e36f027ae4955da2cd0cdcf5486db66.jpg

IMG_20200723_174929264.thumb.jpg.60b676422efadfa833a390a9fbf405a2.jpg

We will see if they like fleece bedding, like my other pig and I want to set up a pen so they have more room to run. They are very energetic little ladies. 

I strongly approve of your names for them :winkthumbs:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TripleH said:

For the Hockey fans:

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

When will they be released?

Soon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, TripleH said:

For the Hockey fans:

Needs more tentacles.

"Tentacles...N-T...Big difference."

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did we just go all Kingdom Death?

Nah, not enough private bits showing. 

Today was actually a pretty good day at work; due to the way that testing is done, incoming paperwork is lighter during the middle of the week. So, we actually got so caught up that I was able to do a fair bit of housekeeping of the records, which I really enjoyed! ^_^

...Yes, I'm one of those weird people who derives deep satisfaction from locating lost paperwork and re-alphabetizing large swaths of files. Making things properly ordered and tidy makes my brain super happy, okay? :upside: :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

Yeah, but I do get the reason for the change. I do miss the Trappers, even if I find baseball a silly game to watch others play.

Funny thing about logos. Portland Winterhawks logo is the Chicago Blackhawks logo (indian head with feathers/warpaint, etc etc). They may be my favorite hockey team but I don't like that logo. Why? Blues fan......

I do like the alt logo they came out with last year for a alternate uniform from Adidas:

2020-Jersey-off-the-Back-Screen-1024x576

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I can never remember if prednisone gives me headaches or helps them... Either way I've had a raging headache all day. Finally have it on the mend though. D&D tonight! We finally get to this city that we've been spending way too long ignoring.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I don't know what happened to her.

She went from raucous, rude, loud, and earthy to sociopathic drunk bully. ::(:

I keep hoping she's still in there, somewhere.

Grump says hangovers plus Red Bull is leaving her in a constant state of dehydrated crankiness. A low headache, all the time.

She used to be fun to hang with, and swap dirty stories with.

Now, I don't want to be near her.

I think part of the reason for the call was that it has only now hit her that Jake has given up on her.

They have broken up before - but this time is the first that he has quit the job that he has had for twelve years now.

I think that this will be better for him than if they had stayed together, this time, but that it will be worse for her.

I also think that she had already hooked up with her new boyfriend, before breaking up with Jake - that the argument was not the cause, it was the excuse. (Not really an argument - he was worried that she was drinking too much, and told her so. Thing is, everyone except Trang and her boyfriend think the exact same thing.)

She is self destructing, and has driven away the person that has worked to prevent her self destruction.

However, at this time, they are at least leaving the kids with their grandparents before going and getting falling down drunk.

At her worst, Megan  has a lot more self control and self awareness than Trang is demonstrating - when she realized that she was being self destructive, Megan did something about it.

If she had not found me, she would have found somebody, and that somebody would have helped her through the hard times, because she was seeking a solution, not wallowing in her own destruction. She has a good head on her shoulders, and didn't choose Wisdom as a dump stat.

The Auld Grump

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

I have fond memories of when I was a child, but that could also be because those were times when dad was around, and work didn't have him on the other side of the world!  Or maybe the hotdogs were that awesome to eight year old me, that's a possibility too. 

These days I only pay attention to sports if... Oh wait, I don't. Uhm.... I think part of it is I didn't really like all that many - except paintball. I did enjoy that one a fair bit. 

• Like 6