Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I also built a similar batch of necrons this weekend. 

as far as I can tell this means I never need to build warriors again. since I have 20 of the old kind with the guass flayer and 20 of the new kind with whatever the short gun is. 

I have 10 of the old ones to build. Hope that'll be all the warriors I have to build in my life, yeah. The new miniatures look nicer than I thought, I was initially unimpressed by the poses but they're quite characterful. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

I have 10 of the old ones to build. Hope that'll be all the warriors I have to build in my life, yeah. The new miniatures look nicer than I thought, I was initially unimpressed by the poses but they're quite characterful. 

I don't love the new warriors. the degree of damage they all have just seems wrong. So I'm, trying to paint them up with green glow on any damaged bits to try and make them in mid repair as opposed to the the intended rotting look they were sculpted for.

Although I do quite like the warden, overlord and plasmancer. They seem like a much better fit with the older stuff. 

• Like 6

Just now, Werkrobotwerk said:

I don't love the new warriors. the degree of damage they all have just seems wrong. So I'm, trying to paint them up with green glow on any damaged bits to try and make them in mid repair as opposed to the the intended rotting look they were sculpted for.

Although I do quite like the warden, overlord and plasmancer. They seem like a much better fit with the older stuff. 

Going to try painting the damage something in that vein too. 

The characters are quite nice, I like the Skorpekh a lot. Have not built the Lord yet but he seems very imposing, really like that. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Aw, that's a shame to hear. I do have super glue, plastic glue is going low. I'd rather avoid using super glue when I can because I usually get on my fingers and there is generally misery as a consequence.

Pour Superglue into a sacrificial plastic bottle cap (or something). Just a small blob. Take a sacrificial wooden toothpick, dip it in the blob, smear-coat the surface to be glued, set toothpick down without letting the tip touch anything, Press the part into place. 

It is neat and tidy ^ once you get the hang of it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Congrats to @redambrosia! Glad you spent the day together.

Seconding this. 

I was supposed to be up a mountain today, but the torrential rain has put paid to that. Not much point climbing something for a few hours if you can't see anything from the top after all!

::(:

Currently sitting at my painting table, trying to muster up enthusiasm to start.....something.....anything. Been in a bit of a painting funk lately and the fact that it's so dull that I've had to turn on my lights at noon isn't really helping.

:mellow:

Also, it's so cold that the heating has turned itself on. Scottish summers are just the worst :wacko:

...Sounds wonderful... :unsure: It’s gonna hit (translating) 33C here today. 

On the plus side, Divas new meds have reduced her coughing fits from 5+ a day to only one. Here hoping that the improvement continues. I really love that shouty little madam, despite her overabundance of attitude.

Hurrah Diva!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Marvin said:

Can't sleep. It's nearly four o'clock. I don't like being awake this late anymore lol. I've gotten so old. I tried and failed to ask for a divorce tonight. And there's so many reds out there. Please don't sad-react this post if you read it. Thank you and good night. Good morning.

I went with the :blink: because there are confusing aspects to ^ that. 

So many reds???

(We talking paint colors?) (Redheads??)

“Tried and failed...”
(You chickened out or got turned down??)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7

It's all probably better unexplored lol.

Srsly tho, five hours' sleep just doesn't do what it used to do for me lol. Pathetic. This may be a nappy Monday!

I'm surprised I've yet to successfully glue myself to myself. Came close a time or two.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

My Yukon Gold potato plants are currently experiencing a crisis of identity, and appear to be growing...tomatoes?! :wow:

320206236_Potatoseeds.thumb.jpg.e5ceffc405e45cbe73f2f0a986559385.jpg

:lol: Okay, they aren't actually tomatoes, but they sure look like it! These are actually the true seeds of the potato plant! They're basically potato plant fruit, except don't eat them because they're kinda poisonous. They don't always grow from the flowers, it only happens under certain conditions, and it appears we were lucky enough to have (accidentally) provided those conditions this year! ^_^

Not sure what we're going to do with them, since because genetics is weird, even if we did save and plant them, there's no guarantee they'd be the same as the parent plant. Also, it apparently takes a few years before they even produce a plant that's big enough to harvest, which is why they only tend to be utilized by growers trying to create new types of potato.

So, for now, I'll just enjoy the weirdness that is my 'tater plants and continue taking way too many pictures of them. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I would plant the seeds, for the story alone. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I have Alexa playing classical music this morning, after listening to the Elvis album Blue Hawaii. A “classical” song comes on, and I know for sure it isn’t a traditional old classical song. But for the life of me I can’t place it. Shazaam’d it. 

Yoda’s Theme. 

Classical. 

Yeeees... I actually agree, John Williams will be up there with the greatest composers of all time, but think it needs to be about 100 years older before it really belongs in that category.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

At least with the new ones, you don't have to deal with the green plastic rods. :lol:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Yeeees... I actually agree, John Williams will be up there with the greatest composers of all time, but think it needs to be about 100 years older before it really belongs in that category.

Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, Williams....:devil:

I don't think it needs to be another 100 years.   Stravinsky has been ranked as one of the world's best composers of all time for at least 30-40 years now, and he passed away in 1971.  Williams has well known and appreciated scores going back that long, and he's already regarded at as one of the most (if not the most) influential film score composer of all time.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

I have 10 of the old ones to build. Hope that'll be all the warriors I have to build in my life, yeah. 

Only 40 warriors?  Oh padawan, you have much to learn about the art of troop spam....

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Only 40 warriors?  Oh padawan, you have much to learn about the art of troop spam....

not really. the current edition changed the tournament rules. at 1k points you can have a maximum of 2 copies of a unit in a list. at 2k you can have only 3.

(not at all annoyed because he owns more admech infantry than that...)

• Like 6