Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

not really. the current edition changed the tournament rules. at 1k points you can have a maximum of 2 copies of a unit in a list. at 2k you can have only 3.

(not at all annoyed because he owns more admech infantry than that...)

Well... goes to show I haven't played tournament in a long time...  

For the original necrons codedx, that would have been difficult... they only had the one troops choice.  which was why I sold mine off years ago, they were incredibly boring to play at the time.  Now though I've considered looking at them again, 

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Well... goes to show I haven't played tournament in a long time...  

For the original necrons codedx, that would have been difficult... they only had the one troops choice.  which was why I sold mine off years ago, they were incredibly boring to play at the time.  Now though I've considered looking at them again, 

yes and no. They moved immortals into the troop section an edition ago.

I mostly run stuff that existed in 3rd edition. warriors, immortals, wraiths, lords, spiders, ctan, scarabs and destroyers.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Congratulations and felicitations!

So, you forgot about it, but still celebrated!

The Auld Grump

We actually celebrated on Friday. I left that part out I guess. 

The theater here is doing short runs of older movies, so we watched The Karate Kid (original). They still have the normal previews, so I made fun of them: “wonder woman, coming in June 2020 the redo!” Or, you know, never :rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Saga of the Noises On the Porch part 3: Hagravens Stole Calvin's Transmogrifier Box Edition

Well, got a confirmed sighting this morning after hearing something knock over the watering can. Three raccoons, going after some plants near the feeder. Two of em sitting on the ground, acting as lookouts, one trying to scale the pump and failing miserably at it. (first the three grackles, now three raccoons, always three.....like a coven of some kind...)

They ran off when I charged out the door, but they're organized, they'll be back, possibly driving a stolen garbage truck...

Looking back, on top of the "Enchanted Garden" bird food, I also had added some new Skyrim mods around the time the noises first showed up. So that's another angle to look into, since after adding the weather mod, I was getting more success in rain summonings, so there is a precedent of sorts. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Saga of the Noises On the Porch part 3: Hagravens Stole Calvin's Transmogrifier Box Edition

Well, got a confirmed sighting this morning after hearing something knock over the watering can. Three raccoons, going after some plants near the feeder. Two of em sitting on the ground, acting as lookouts, one trying to scale the pump and failing miserably at it. (first the three grackles, now three raccoons, always three.....like a coven of some kind...)

They ran off when I charged out the door, but they're organized, they'll be back, possibly driving a stolen garbage truck...

Looking back, on top of the "Enchanted Garden" bird food, I also had added some new Skyrim mods around the time the noises first showed up. So that's another angle to look into, since after adding the weather mod, I was getting more success in rain summonings, so there is a precedent of sorts. 

So you're adding mods to the game we're currently living in?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Well having Dawnguard patrols seems a reasonable precaution for 2020. Although I haven't the faintest idea why that would also draw hagravens...

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Aw, that's a shame to hear. I do have super glue, plastic glue is going low. I'd rather avoid using super glue when I can because I usually get on my fingers and there is generally misery as a consequence.

Well, truth be told I'm out of gel superglue.  I have a whole bottle of regular superglue, but when assembling Infinity models you really do want those extra few seconds to maneuver things that gel provides you. 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

That's nice to know. ::):

Just had some of the skunkiest, most bitter IPA I have ever tried.

Worse, it was the first can out of a twelvepack. :zombie:

Sorry to hear it. It's for that reason that I much prefer to try new beers before I buy a bunch of it.

Although I'm not an IPA fan in any case.

Congratulations, @redambrosia!

Time to go scrounge up something for dinner....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ugh. Upset stomach all day. Plus the heat of the day and I'm just done. I even took a 20 minute nap during the day. Didn't even bother to log off of work, just... laid down on the couch, set a timer and I was OUT.

Probably not gonna be an effective study night. Gotta try though. Time's ticking... Maybe I'll just listen to the audio notes and go for a slow walk in the park.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Fun fact. Your typical mask used for interactions with the public is also great for cooking when you dump a bunch of cut up fish peppers into a hot skillet thinking they're not that spicy. Eyes are still watering, but my throat and nasal passages are no longer on fire. Going to be a hot supper. 

• Like 18

22 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Well the last bag of bird food I picked up was under the trade name "Enchanted Garden". So for once it appears that there is actual truth in advertising and there is indeed some enchantment that has been laid upon the bird food.

Is this a deliberate thing on the part of the manufacturer?

Or is it a side effect of whatever formula they use that was entirely unintended?

I know this one - there was an unfortunate industrial accident at the Enchanted Garden plant last year involving one of the gnomes, but since the bird feed contains less than the USDA limit of gnome parts per million, they simply loaded it onto the trucks and shipped it out to stores, and the incident was Never Spoken Of Again...

21 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Heard from a colleague at the our local metropark system that one of the parks has been pretty empty lately because of the heat and an almost complete lack of shade. It's a restored tall grass prairie with a little bit of Oak forest around a rather nice stream. So I checked it out this afternoon and sure enough, we had the trails practically to ourselves. Not half as nice as what I'm used to. But still did a world of good for my emotional health.

If you ever happen to be in Connecticut, do whatever's necessary to pay a visit to Devil's Hopyard State Park... Three hundred feet down the trail from the main picnic area you may as well be five hundred years in the past and miles from the nearest human. There are places there that you can feel - it'll make you understand why New England has so many supernatural stories. I'm an old fat guy and that place makes me want to howl and run, lol.

19 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

If it is 3.5 Ebberon, it's been so long that I don't remember if it duplicated infro from the PHB.  I don't think that it did.

Nope. (He says putting it back on the shelf.)

10 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Currently sitting at my painting table, trying to muster up enthusiasm to start.....something.....anything. Been in a bit of a painting funk lately and the fact that it's so dull that I've had to turn on my lights at noon isn't really helping.

Paint angry - I find it always helps when I'm in a slump - look through all your random Bones, find the one whose unpainted existence offends you the most at that particular moment, and slap some horrible color on it designed to make it look completely fugly...

Paint up a faerie princess as a zombie, greenstuff away the decay and damage on a zombie and then paint him is a pink tux so he looks like a drunken stumbling idiot, do a plaid manticore and sculpt bows in it's mane...

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

I'm surprised I've yet to successfully glue myself to myself. Came close a time or two.

Clearly you are Doing It Wrong...  ::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

If anyone's interested...

THERE'S A COPY OF REAPER"S THE DRUID'S STONE DIORAMA ON EBAY RIGHT NOW - ENDING AT 10:23 PM EASTERN TIME

STARTING BID IS ONLY $50...

Seller's name is lilkevi_10....

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I would plant the seeds, for the story alone. 

After doing some more research, I'm totally doing this! What's mind-blowing is that each one of the "berries" can have up to 300 seeds inside, and we have a surprising number of them. So yeah, next year is definitely going to be The Year Of The Weird Experimental Potato Plants! :bday: I'll have plenty of seeds to save for future plantings as well, since once they're properly cleaned and dried, they can last for several years. If we end up with a good variety, I'm straight up going to name it after us and work on cloning it (basically just growing more plants from the actual potatoes). I'm super excited! :bday:

Honestly, if we weren't renting this place, I think I'd straight up rip all the grass out of the back lawn and become a (very) small-scale potato farmer. I've never encountered any other plant that's given me so much joy, bewilderment, and wonder as these silly little potatoes have. :lol:

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The :lol: emoji wasn't an adequate measure of my reaction, so I gave you a "Thanks" instead. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Well having Dawnguard patrols seems a reasonable precaution for 2020. Although I haven't the faintest idea why that would also draw hagravens...

THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW! *starts installing mod into the world for Skyrim version of Shivering Isles*

• Like 1
  • Haha 9