Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Yay, my immigration interview has been rescheduled,  my quest to become a US citizen is no longer stalled! Let's hope Iowans can keep the Pandemic from making a roaring come back,  so i can go to Des Moines in the middle of August. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

So yeah, next year is definitely going to be The Year Of The Weird Experimental Potato Plants! :bday: 

And when our new Tuber Overlords have risen up and overgrown the planet, we'll know who we need to assassinate once we build the time machine... ::D:

1 hour ago, Citrine said:

Yay, my immigration interview has been rescheduled,  my quest to become a US citizen is no longer stalled!

I briefly considered becoming a member of the human race once, but then I changed my mind...

• Like 6
  • Haha 13

Just now, Mad Jack said:

I briefly considered becoming a member of the human race once, but then I changed my mind...

Entirely valid choice.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Ah, America. I've grown up to be the guy my high-school friends call with questions about cows. That's my place in this American dream.

Not so bad, I guess.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Ah, America. I've grown up to be the guy my high-school friends call with questions about cows. That's my place in this American dream.

Not so bad, I guess.

Well, as long as the cow-related questions aren't about dating tips... lol ::D:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I know this one - there was an unfortunate industrial accident at the Enchanted Garden plant last year involving one of the gnomes, but since the bird feed contains less than the USDA limit of gnome parts per million, they simply loaded it onto the trucks and shipped it out to stores, and the incident was Never Spoken Of Again...

So it's like the Incident at Hidden Valley Ranch in '87 all over again.

• Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

So it's like the Incident at Hidden Valley Ranch in '87 all over again.

Exactly like it - it was actually the same gnome...

I hear the little eco-terrorist has been put on the Homeland Security Watch And Terminate On Sight List.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Haha 12

19 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Well, as long as the cow-related questions aren't about dating tips... lol

I bet they're about tipping dates.

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Honestly, if we weren't renting this place, I think I'd straight up rip all the grass out of the back lawn and become a (very) small-scale potato farmer. I've never encountered any other plant that's given me so much joy, bewilderment, and wonder as these silly little potatoes have. :lol:

49 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

And when our new Tuber Overlords have risen up and overgrown the planet, we'll know who we need to assassinate once we build the time machine... ::D:

Remember my Prophesy concerning the Rise of the "Lords of Produce" and the coming of a potato based Empire?

It Has Begun! All Hail One Boot, Mighty Lady of Produce!

1 minute ago, Mad Jack said:

Exactly like it - it was actually the same gnome...

Siegward? He's behind this? Well I suppose that makes sense...he's consistant if nothing else...

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Cow tipping is actually much more difficult than most think. If the herd has a member that has been tipped before, the cows learn from this, and they sleep in shifts. Another fun fact is that they can and will run much faster than you can. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

All this talk of potatoes, I've got 4+ acres of sandy loam surrounding X marks the spot for the new Green Eyed Monster Lair.

And a brown thumb.

GEM

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Never tried to tip a cow. It can injure them--and we generally had cattle with the temperament to do a body an injury if they wanted anyway.

Did chase some around with paintball guns on one occasion, though.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Well, it's much easier to tip a date, although I hear that's illegal except in parts of Nevada... ::D:

Fun fact - a human being can't actually tip over a cow by brute force... If they're awake they'll most likely move away once they become sufficiently annoyed, or possibly kick you. And sleeping cows have already tipped themselves over - cows sleep lying down.

• Like 13

Cow tipping is a good way to get yourself scuffed up. Trust me, cows can be really dangerous. Don't go wandering in strange herds, especially in the dark. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Well, it's much easier to tip a date, although I hear that's illegal except in parts of Nevada... ::D:

Fun fact - a human being can't actually tip over a cow by brute force... If they're awake they'll most likely move away once they become sufficiently annoyed, or possibly kick you. And sleeping cows have already tipped themselves over - cows sleep lying down.

Correct. Worked with a guy who spent 3 years in a wheel chair because he tried to tip one. His cousins thought it would be funny to convince him to try it while they were all drunk.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3