Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

random thought:

If Toy Story was real and our toys came to life when we're out of the room, would that include our miniatures? What about the fancy based ones? do they just...hop off their bases, or are they permanently stuck?

i don't know why this has crossed my mind

• Like 15
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

random thought:

If Toy Story was real and our toys came to life when we're out of the room, would that include our miniatures? What about the fancy based ones? do they just...hop off their bases, or are they permanently stuck?

That raises some interesting questions about the sentience of miniatures on sprues as well....

I like to think my miniatures walk off their bases and have friendly chats with each other, or rather grumbling at me for not painting enough. 

As an aside, got to do a good amount of research today for my essay due on August 3rd. The writing shouldn't be too hard but good golly the research can be dreary. 

• Like 10

At work. Nothing to do. The IRS had 5 years to prepare for telework and did not. My deskmate took my computer home and now I'm confined to an empty desk until further notice.

Work is keeping this place so "clean" that we now have many mice.

Am considering bringing mouselings as both a passive aggressive complaint to management and to ingratiate myself to the new mouse overlords.

• Like 16
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

random thought:

Articulation is not required for toy movement, so miniatures would count. Toy Story did have Army Men, and they shuffled on their bases.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

At work. Nothing to do. The IRS had 5 years to prepare for telework and did not. My deskmate took my computer home and now I'm confined to an empty desk until further notice.

Am considering bringing mouselings as both a passive aggressive complaint to management and to ingratiate myself to the new mouse overlords.

maybe bring scare cats instead?

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

24 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Articulation is not required for toy movement, so miniatures would count. Toy Story did have Army Men, and they shuffled on their bases.

True, but are miniatures considered toys? I know Bo Peep was considered one,and she was actually part of a lamp fixture, so I guess I don't see why not

Though now I am imagining a fancy based miniature hauling himself around, though perhaps through toy magic they can hop off and reglue haha

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

True, but are miniatures considered toys? I know Bo Peep was considered one,and she was actually part of a lamp fixture, so I guess I don't see why not

Though now I am imagining a fancy based miniature hauling himself around

We play with them, so they would be toys. Even if people paint them only for display, to me that's no different than people buying toys and keeping them in the original packaging. Some use them for entertainment, others because they're lovely to look at.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Though now I am imagining a fancy based miniature hauling himself around, though perhaps through toy magic they can hop off and reglue haha

of course. little pvc aliens counted, as did green army men. the army men had bases

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

random thought:

All I know is that if that happens @malefactus and @Glitterwolf are both in trouble!

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Never tried to tip a cow. It can injure them--and we generally had cattle with the temperament to do a body an injury if they wanted anyway.

Did chase some around with paintball guns on one occasion, though.

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

Cow tipping is a good way to get yourself scuffed up. Trust me, cows can be really dangerous. Don't go wandering in strange herds, especially in the dark. 

My city kid nephew used to spend most of the summers with us when he was a kid (in his early 30s now). Some of his friends always wanted to come and try cow tipping. I told him bring them as long as they don't sue me for getting killed. I really would have loved to see an attempt. Cows don't sleep standing up and it's pretty hard to sneak up on them even when they are asleep. I've got rid of most of my bad tempered ones but you still need to be careful. 

A paintball gun has become an essential tool for my current method of cattle handling. Started a couple years ago when my cows kept breaking out into a freshly broke hay field. Laast good horse I owned had just died of old age and trying to chase them over huge sod chunks with a truck wasn't easy. With the paintball gun I was able to reach out and touch them from 50 feet or more. Generally after getting shot a couple times they start going the way I want them too. Last year my bulls got mixed in the neighbours herd. Getting horny bulls away from cows is not an easy job. The neighbour asked to borrow one of my guns and we went and sorted things. He was really impressed with how easily we removed my bulls. Saves a lot of wear and tear on the trucks and the animals don't seem to get as excited and try to run away.

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

random thought:

The plastic soldiers had their feet stuck in Toy Story. You just made me think of all the bits trying to crawl away like chopped off limbs in some movies.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

Leave Cheese Nips or Cheezits under the desks of those who annoy you. Mice love those things, and because traces of your scent will be on them, the mice will know who is on their side, and thus should be spared during the upcoming "Squeakening".

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

At work. Nothing to do. The IRS had 5 years to prepare for telework and did not. My desk-mate took my computer home and now I'm confined to an empty desk until further notice.

:ik_oops:

If the desk-mate took your computer can you take theirs? :huh:

Do you still have a phone?

If so, call in a trouble ticket to the IT section. Problem: entire computer is missing.

( I bet they insist that you reboot it, <_< ya know, as a first step before they will try anything else… <_< )

Make them requisition a brand new machine.

How was the desk-mate able to take the machine home, I thought you'd mentioned the work done in your building was too confidential to be worked on in a telecommuting situation?

• Like 13

Megan found me a recipe for 'Texas Style Klobasneks'....

Apparently Texas calls klobasneks' kolaches' - but proper kolaches are sweet rolls.

Slightly odd recipe - calls for mixing overnight dough with bread dough.... reads almost like a bagel dough.

I've been using bread dough.

The other big difference is that it has open ends, kind of like pigs in a blanket.

And kielbasa - which might have been the proper sausage all along. <_<

The Auld Grump

• Like 10