Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Well, this is a pleasant surprise! I have a job interview on Friday! :bday: I wasn't expecting to get an interview anywhere for another few months, so I'm pretty excited. 

On the flip side, this means I need to immediately shove my circadian rhythm back in line with the rest of the daywalking folks. It also means I'm gonna have to figure out how to people again, like, super fast. :blink: Especially since this will be for a front-desk position at a speech therapy clinic (which is ironic in ways I'll elaborate on later). 

Not having a paid job for the past few years, and basically no in-person social interaction for the past few months, has poorly prepared me for this, but I'm gonna do my best! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Success and fortune.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

(To our Canadian friends, I realize it may seem as if I've singled you out today, but the theories are flowing like water into my mind for some reason. Look at it this way, even with the cabal of necromancers and weaponized moose, you're still far ahead of the theories I come up with regarding Wisconsin.) 

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, I'd like to apologize for making you feel you needed to explain yourself.  
Or, in the language of my people, "S'all good bud.  Sorry, eh?"

:poke:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Post Awful just delivered my sent-via-UPS order.

Stuck at Home Survival Kit.

Nice.

Now I have to dig out one of my empty pistol cases to put the new goodies in.

GEM

• Like 11

The kids have finished one of the two main plots in The Razor Coast.

The question is do I continue, or wrap Razor Coast here for the time being, and start something new for a while?

They are high enough level that it is kind of a pain to run online, at this point. I have run higher level games with them, but online play really slows things down, and makes it just a wee bit more awkward.

They are now twelfth level.

The next major plot involves, well... there is a reason that I put wings and a flight base on one of my kraken miniatures....

For that, I want an actual table, and maybe the Bones V Pirate Ship.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I did indeed; I've got a Bachelor's in speech-language pathology (plus a year of experience in a Master program, which I unintentionally quit due to various reasons).

I'm going to simply say that I think you're well suited to the task and it's a great idea to start with the easier job and see if you feel like attempting to move into a bigger role later.  Go OneBoot!  :bday:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While putting the ac in earlier was far more of a pain in the elf than I expected, and took a few hours longer than it should've, I'm happy to say that now that the heat and humidity is no longer making me sluggish and discontented, I have begun a maddened frenzy of painting All of the Things*! 

*At least most all of the things that are in easy reach on the table and that I have WIP threads going for at any rate...

• Like 12

7 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Launch window needs to be exact in order to rendezvous with the ISS because of physics. If they can't hit that rendezvous exactly then there's no reason to launch and then miss.

Yeah. The moon doesn't move all that fast relative to the Earth, but if you delayed the launch by 3 minutes and 30 seconds (the length of The Proclaimers' song I'm Gonna Be), you'd miss the ISS by almost exactly 1000 miles.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Tried to PM you.

System says you aren't receiving.

That's very strange. My inbox is getting full, but it's not at capacity yet. I have no idea what is causing you to get that message... :unsure:

Huzzah!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

That's very strange. My inbox is getting full, but it's not at capacity yet. I have no idea what is causing you to get that message... :unsure:

Huzzah!

I just PMed you - it seems to have gone out with no problem.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5