Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

15 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Speaking of tea! My friend got me a can of republic of tea’s ginger peach tea. That stuff got me through my pregnancy with a calm tummy. I have missed it sorely.

Oh, sounds lovely! Ginger in tea is excellent for digestion too. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Oh, sounds lovely! Ginger in tea is excellent for digestion too. 

Apparently, they also have ginger peach mango tea :ik_oops:

• Like 8

So around 930, I go upstairs where it was cool. Bedroom has the AC unit & it nice & cool. I fall asleep cause I was tired & after Thursday night (I got like 3 hrs of sleep last night), I'm trying to get back into work mode again. Saturday night, I go back to work after week's worth of vacation. It's  still a nice toasty 84 degrees right now & feels like 90 inside the house. I even went outside & sat on the front step cause it cooler outside then inside.

Even thou I kinda wanted to wake up early today, I didn't want to wake up this early! Plus, 2 hrs of sleep is less then what I wanted but I'm not tired!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

I recommended ginger lemon tea to a friend at work in February. She started drinking it in March.

Turns out it works as well as the meds she was having to take for intestinal issues :blink:

I mean, fair. It's tasty. And if it works as well as the meds that's excellent :winkthumbs: It means she can save the meds for those really bad days instead of taking them every day.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

COFFEE!!

Gonna be a weekend of studying, with a bit of D&D at the end. But for now? Coffee!!

• Like 8

@Glitterwolf: This is the haul SWMBO and I picked up. Probably our least favourite of the selection was the bokkepootjes, which we found a bit too almondy for our tastes. Not that they're bad, but we would choose the others over them. SWMBO loved the cinnamon sticks. I was kind of tied between them and the kletskoppen as favourites. 

20200801_153507.jpg

• Like 12

There's a reason I don't own property. I don't have to pay for any of this ::P:

Section of ceiling paint the size of a playing card just fell off. I have filled all jugs and the coffee maker in preparation for the building's water to be shut off. Apartment next door also has water coming in.

Maintenance guy still isn't here.

• Sad 16

Yes, my upcoming move to Fort Worth will put me fairly close to Reaper. While that's a pleasant coincidence, the main reason for moving is that my job is moving to the area; I like the job enough that I'm willing to gamble on the move.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Crowley said:

COFFEE!!

Gonna be a weekend of studying, with a bit of D&D at the end. But for now? Coffee!!

And the Java Wars begin anew!

Ahhh....coffee...

• Like 6

Water stopped.

5 gallon bucket has a good few inches of water in it. The apartment next door also had water coming in so I assume the problem was shut off.

Still want the maintenance guy to knock on my door so I can find out if this will be a problem again. Then I'll go back to bed.

• Like 14

18 hours ago, TripleH said:

Not having a very good day. 

Triple digit temps mean my gaming/painting  is too hot to play in. 

And I had to have a long time companion put down due to old age. She had gotten to the point that she was unable to do much walking on her own so her quality of life had deteriorated to the point of it was better to just let her go. 

404259555_BakanaRIP.jpg.81b8945e0dda161b8a9753439b001e98.jpg 

My sympathies, it's hard to lose a friend.

Our pets will always have a special place in our heart.

Quality of life is important, you made the right choice.

53 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

@Glitterwolf: This is the haul SWMBO and I picked up. Probably our least favourite of the selection was the bokkepootjes, which we found a bit too almondy for our tastes. Not that they're bad, but we would choose the others over them. SWMBO loved the cinnamon sticks. I was kind of tied between them and the kletskoppen as favourites. 

20200801_153507.jpg

Good choices.

I get that, I like the Bokkepootjes, but I like almonds a lot.

Kletskoppen are dangerous. Open a package and before you know it, they're gone..just like that...

If you can find them one day, try the Roze Koeken.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

In other news, I will be moving to Texas, specifically the Fort Worth area. No timeline yet, but it's looking like  it's going to be in  the early springtime. March, perhaps.

Good luck with that. I know you've experienced Reapercon, but living there is quite a culture change from NY. 

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Apparently, they also have ginger peach mango tea :ik_oops:

Let's not get crazy here. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1