Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

*peaceably sips her hot chocolate, idly wondering whether such a delightful beverage will prove neutral ground, or whether it will incite the combined wrath of both sides of the tea/coffee coalitions* :devil:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17

And here I am..

Started the day with some tea, then moved on to coffee and am not opposed to the idea of a hot chocolate spiced with some rum.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

*peaceably sips her hot chocolate, idly wondering whether such a delightful beverage will prove neutral ground, or whether it will incite the combined wrath of both sides of the tea/coffee coalitions* :devil:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Approved of by The Great Pumpkin actually, the non booze alternative to Hamms for sitting the Halloween Vigil in the Pumpkin Patch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

@WhiteWulfe Much of the same lore has stayed what you described, but the Horned Rat is officially confirmed as a real power and is part of the pantheon. There's also way more skaven. 

Good to hear. I was going based off of what a manager at a Games Workshop location was saying.  Never before have I had a desire to buy minis go from "yay I have money, sure why not" to "screw it, I'm not touching this game".  So either that manager was wrong, or they changed things when they did that change two years ago to rules a lot more people like. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Are you sure? Because I was kinda hoping you were going to respond with a civet based coffee religion, and that this was to be the beginning of another "M.E.O.W. vs W.O.O.F." thing, a nonsensical ongoing dispute meant to entertain the forum at large. 

Agamenthar tends to play a large role in the various ongoing BS narratives I toss out here, such as the Coffee Maker Murders, and I'm leery of giving him up. 

So hows about I just don't bring him up or the coffee cult in response to your posts, unless you want to do the "dueling coffee cults"? 

Naw, but I might begin a religion centered around Dairivina, goddess of milk and dairy products (including ice cream!)...

I never said anything about giving him up. That's fine, good, even. 

Actually, another war (now that the established laws of anything brought into the argument are canon) might just be fun... :poke:

But not today. No, not with my new resolution.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

Naw, but I might begin a religion centered around Dairivina, goddess of milk and dairy products (including ice cream!)...

I'm probably a dissident then, I love icecream, yoghurt, cottage cheese and aged cheese, also blue cheese.

I hate milk and do not like young cheeses otherwise.

So...am I worthy or a sinner?

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

I never said anything about giving him up. That's fine, good, even. 

Actually, another war (now that the established laws of anything brought into the argument are canon) might just be fun... :poke:

But not today. No, not with my new resolution.

No problem, whenever you're ready.

Heads up though, I've got a narrative that ties into dairy based off Wisconsin being the remnants of Mordor, ruled over by the surviving ringwraiths, known as the Dread Cheese Lords (Merciless and Eternal), who are currently at war with California over water rights. A while back they were trying to get past the wardstones on the Illinois border using the bodies of people as "skinvolopes". So if you can use any of that, feel free.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Good to hear. I was going based off of what a manager at a Games Workshop location was saying.  Never before have I had a desire to buy minis go from "yay I have money, sure why not" to "screw it, I'm not touching this game".  So either that manager was wrong, or they changed things when they did that change two years ago to rules a lot more people like. 

Fun fact, Skaven interrupted Nagash's magic ritual to make Shyish magically charged at the centre. They did enough to destabilise it, but Nagash still got lots of magic energy but what he could not absorb was released as a magic wave across the Mortal Realms which riled up the undead and also made magic way more active.

• Like 6

For years I made baked potatoes the way Mum showed me.

For a year I have made them the way Grump showed me. The one I use now.

Today, I showed Mum how to make proper baked potatoes.

The circle is complete. ::):

Take a russet, rub the skin with butter, salt, and pepper.

Cut a cross through the skin, to let steam escape

Put them straight on the rack in a 400 degree oven, for two hours. Higher temp and twice the cook time from the way Mum did it. (When she didn't nuke em in the microwave.)

Pull them out, cut the cross open again, then toss back into the oven for ten more minutes.

Soooo goooood! ::D: Crrispy, fluffy, holds the butter like a LOVER!

Then Mum gave me a big compliment. My potatoes taste just like her dad, my granddad, makes them.

The circle comes around again. ::):

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

For years I made baked potatoes the way Mum showed me.

For a year I have made them the way Grump showed me. The one I use now.

Today, I showed Mum how to make proper baked potatoes.

The circle is complete. ::):

Take a russet, rub the skin with butter, salt, and pepper.

Cut a cross through the skin, to let steam escape

Put them straight on the rack in a 400 degree oven, for two hours. Higher temp and twice the cook time from the way Mum did it. (When she didn't nuke em in the microwave.)

Pull them out, cut the cross open again, then toss back into the oven for ten more minutes.

Soooo goooood! ::D: Crrispy, fluffy, holds the butter like a LOVER!

Then Mum gave me a big compliment. My potatoes taste just like her dad, my granddad, makes them.

The circle comes around again. ::):

2 hours??

How deep is the cross you cut in it?

• Like 6

Maybe a quarter inch, maybe less. Try it, just one potato, as a start.

The skin is crispy and crunchy, flavored by the butter and salt I slathered it with.

The flesh is fluffy, and soaks up the butter and cheese

My thought when Grump showed me was that can't be right. Way too hot. Way, way too long.

Two hours later, whooo boy! Was I ever happy to be wrong!

Tonight I am asking Grandda for his recipe, but I bet it is almost the same as Grump's. Way too hot, way, way too long.

8 minutes ago, Crowley said:

2 hours??

How deep is the cross you cut in it?

There may be a reason Grump insists on russets for baking. Those skins hold in the moisture, and turn into deliciously crunchy goodness.

Whites, reds, and Yukon gold for mashing or pot roasts.

We go through a LOT of potatoes, almost like we are Irish or something! :lol:

• Like 11

I'll definitely try it... but not during the summer. No reason to crank up the oven when it's already 90 degrees out, and definitely not to 400 degrees for 2 hours... :zombie:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'll definitely try it... but not during the summer. No reason to crank up the oven when it's already 90 degrees out, and definitely not to 400 degrees for 2 hours... :zombie:

Yeah, we were outside the whole time.

But I wanted to impress Mum with my Mad Potato Baking Skillz!(TM)

First time we have had Mum over in person since St. Patrick's Day.

Damn Covid. ::(: I miss seeing Mum every week.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, TripleH said:

Not having a very good day. 

Triple digit temps mean my gaming/painting  is too hot to play in. 

And I had to have a long time companion put down due to old age. She had gotten to the point that she was unable to do much walking on her own so her quality of life had deteriorated to the point of it was better to just let her go. 

404259555_BakanaRIP.jpg.81b8945e0dda161b8a9753439b001e98.jpg 

Triple H, I am sadden to hear if your loss. You have my deepest condolences. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1