Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

I took Sephy to a wetlands trail park today and showed her what dandelion seeds do. She was absolutely enchanted, and then kept trying to give me the seeds :lol: :wub: 

Thankfully she was only a little cranky after her vaccines. She’s been in a sweet mood most of the day.

• Like 20

34 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Seems I'm an idiot.

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the PM system.

GEM

Heh, I was about to say that it worked for both One Boot and me.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Yeah. The moon doesn't move all that fast relative to the Earth, but if you delayed the launch by 3 minutes and 30 seconds (the length of The Proclaimers' song I'm Gonna Be), you'd miss the ISS by almost exactly 1000 miles.

Huh.  My calculation was that you'd miss by 500 miles and then miss by 500 more.

• Like 4
  • Haha 16

@haldir congrats! 

@OneBoot Good luck with the job interview.

Tomorrow I will be working from home again.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone will notice when I press PRINT on my 3D printer???

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I'm going to simply say that I thiNk you're well suited to the task and it's a great idea to start with the easier job and see if you feel like attempting to move into a bigger role later.  Go OneBoot!  :bday:

@OneBoot I think there is a chance they are thinking if they hired you that they might end up with someone who could switch-hit as needed. They’d avoid hiring two part-time employees that way...they might not be sure they need both roles full-time. 

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Seems I'm an idiot.

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the PM system.

GEM

Congrats. [ ! ]

That daily struggle to be a Notidiot. I know it well. I failed in an epic way yesterday afternoon. I even have pix:

238A1EC5-33E4-411D-AE91-0967BC455FC6.thumb.jpeg.8e1f05ec603fbb081f9f40e849193de0.jpeg

There was naught else to do but take pix,   be sad ::(: because of my idiocy, and wait to be rescued. 

...no idea if I have recovered.  

• Like 9

@TGP what happened? Did you fall? Or did you get stuck while climbing or something?

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

@TGP what happened? Did you fall? Or did you get stuck while climbing or something?

Just now, Kuroneko said:

Yeah, @TGP, are you alright?

Thanks for asking. I’m just not sure I have recovered from being an idiot. 

What happened was that while trying to exit my truck my keys —somehow— wound up on the floor of my truck on the driver’s side. I didn’t notice. I was distracted by two bags of groceries that were trying to fall over but simultaneously  dropping my usual and customary weapon. 

Then I shut and locked the truck door. I Lugged the groceries to the back door. Reached for the keys which my dim and witless brain claimed were in a pocket. Only to discover: No keys. 

Locked out of house and truck with cold groceries warming under the sun: that was me. :upside:

3236EE96-96BC-4C8B-A75E-0EF0B723BF56.jpeg

There ^ is another pic. At least I had a porch to hide under. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 14

Off to work in a couple minutes, lots of hours the last 2 weeks even with being gone parts of both weeks. Oh well, just more money for the gun.....err, hobby....um, living necessities fund. Yeah that's it call it living necessities...

I will just sit over here and finish my coffee...

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

That S#[email protected]!

So I take it you called for help and they were able to open the truck again?

I have a cousin that I trusted with a spare set of keys (on a day when I managed to be a Notidiot.) several years ago. Happily I did have the cell phone. I had to wait thirty minutes until my cousin in-law turned up with the spare keys. That opened the backdoor, the spare keys to the truck were hanging on hooks just inside the door (installed in that handy spot on another day several months ago when I managed to be a Notidiot).

4 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Oh no! Glad you're okay though, did any of your groceries survive?

Thanks!

I think they did. I have consumed some of the milk by this point and no ill effects yet. At least I did not have any frozen goods. 

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Tomorrow I will be working from home again.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone will notice when I press PRINT on my 3D printer???

It's called 'work breaks', you need to get up and move about at least once every hour  :-P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

It's called 'work breaks', you need to get up and move about at least once every hour  :-P

And of course everyone will understand one can't resist a Boxer wanting to go for walkies, right?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1