Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

Bury her in a stack of books? (Made of paper... :ph34r: )  Make her read her way out... ::P:

Make some of them Multi-Path Adventure Books.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

On 7/31/2020 at 11:47 PM, TGP said:
On 7/31/2020 at 10:17 AM, NebulousMissy said:

I did it. I finally got tired of this broccoli at work. I got tired of sitting here with nothing to do and nothing to do it on for 3 weeks solid.

I contacted the union :ph34r:

The last Union I had any direct experience with was absolutely FINE with having someone drawing FULL Pay while doing not a thing at all. 

Seriously. 

The guy was a Parts Cataloger. He would sit at his desk in the cube farm drawing brand new space ship designs for the Thunderbirds (the marionettes show) or creating dungeons on his giant pad of graph paper. His job description involved ploughing through blue prints and prepping parts lists. 

But he was in The UNION. 

Apologies if this has already been responded to - I'm still catching up on the weekend's shenanigans...

I think the big difference here would be that the Parts Cataloger wanted to do nothing. @NebulousMissy wants to work but is not being allowed to. The union is likely to back the employee's desire to work or not.

• Like 9

I can't stand sitting there doing nothing. It's driving me insane. Working is Doing Something. Doing Something is necessary for me to keep sane in any given situation because of my autism, especially during a global pandemic, and my managers Know This to the point where they have been known to openly steal work from other people and hand it to me solely to keep me occupied. Since I'm not officially allowed to bring in a smartphone or a laptop or a painting kit the most I can really do is doodle on office supplies or bug other employees and that is not enough to count as Doing Something.

Yes, I am one of Those Elfholes who always asks for more work to do. This SoonTM nonsense is torture.

• Like 5
  • Sad 9

On 8/1/2020 at 11:48 PM, OneBoot said:

*peaceably sips her hot chocolate, idly wondering whether such a delightful beverage will prove neutral ground, or whether it will incite the combined wrath of both sides of the tea/coffee coalitions* :devil:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

images (24).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20

Funny, I went back to work after vacation & it sounds like a picked a good week to take off. Loads have been late (normal thing anymore) & the boss man doesn't understand the word self-control when it comes to order sizes. Last night's load wasn't too late & wasn't big. We still got a couple hour of OT in (shocking...) Still, as much fun as being on vacation was, good to get back into regular routine again.

Hey, I even came back on my yearly annv of when I was hired. August 2nd, 1993. I must like it.

Submitted my game that I'm running for RCon Online this year. I decide since I have no idea what my FLGS is doing that weekend (again, store's anv is Labor Day weekend, year 2!) & with me not running any Pathfinder 1st ed in a very long time (RCon 2018 to be exact). I've decided to not run We be goblins at a RCon. It'll be back for next year.

I will be running a 5e adventure called "The Dawn Chasers"!! It's a lightly themed pirate, but a nautical, explorin' jungle island adventure.

• Like 13

In another omen of 2020, three of the ten pumpkins have sought higher ground....

100_1550.JPG.13c4c3dd87f5e255408208eb84ae98b6.JPG

This one is either trying to masquerade as a vase, or possibly is a psyker of some kind.

100_1551.JPG.f68370c7a919cf6fe174756e1b0dead9.JPG

This one is trying to fool other into thinking it is a tomato.

100_1552.JPG.b75311126b3946a0a28ff1a4e6b04e66.JPG

This one has escaped the fence and is standing watch to the East.

The Great Pumpkin seems to feel defensive measures are needed, not a good sign of things to come....

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Thinking about creating a paladin with the motto 'Custodia Mea Cervisia' on his shield....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12

27 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Forsooth, thine ale shall be retained.

I originally wrote 'bard', but we all know that bards do stupid things while holding their own beer....

The Auld Grump

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 8/2/2020 at 1:06 PM, ratsmitglied said:

When I was working in a field where these types of enumerations occurred the rule was SOIL - basically because those characters are most likely to be misread as numbers (and because noone was consistent on using upper or lower case)

Geocaching excludes U as well from GC codes. I think because hand-written letters can be confusing between U and V.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think I'm going to dye my hair soon. Well, as soon as I have an extra ~$100. Which might be a while. I'm going to go teal and then maybe a dark blue underneath. Haven't totally decided. 

I am very sleep deprived currently so this may sound like a bad idea in the morning. 

• Like 11