Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I can't stand sitting there doing nothing. It's driving me insane. Working is Doing Something.

I you had worked with Glen he would have cheerfully kept you supplied with work to do. Never mind it was meant to be his work…

Doing Something is necessary for me to keep sane in any given situation because of my autism, especially during a global pandemic, and my managers Know This to the point where they have been known to openly steal work from other people and hand it to me solely to keep me occupied. Since I'm not officially allowed to bring in a smartphone or a laptop or a painting kit the most I can really do is doodle on office supplies or bug other employees and that is not enough to count as Doing Something.

Bugging other employees seems counterproductive: from a  Pandemic Perspective.

You need a T-shirt that says:

Asymptomatic

Spreader

Close to Within 6 Feet

AT YOUR PERIL

Yes, I am one of Those Elfholes who always asks for more work to do. This SoonTM nonsense is torture.

Sigh. :mellow: :ik_oops: :mellow: Sorry.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Geocaching excludes U as well from GC codes. I think because hand-written letters can be confusing between U and V.

Given that we occasionally get handwritten forms (that number has dwindled, thank goodness), this has also come up. :lol:

I've had an odd, sort of mental itch feeling lately. Yesterday I wanted nothing more than to be away from work, yet today I've found myself wanting to be back at work. It's very odd and I wish it would stop, it's interfering with my weekend relaxation. :blink:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Given that we occasionally get handwritten forms (that number has dwindled, thank goodness), this has also come up. :lol:

I've had an odd, sort of mental itch feeling lately. Yesterday I wanted nothing more than to be away from work, yet today I've found myself wanting to be back at work. It's very odd and I wish it would stop, it's interfering with my weekend relaxation. :blink:

Huzzah! 

That is puzzling.

Can you write a script or a macro that would change the font on these problem forms?

Select all the entry Fields, but just the entry Fields, and change them to Times New Roman or Something for ease of reading?

Or are the forms you are transcribing on paper, rather than in MS Word?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

That is puzzling.

Can you write a script or a macro that would change the font on these problem forms?

Select all the entry Fields, but just the entry Fields, and change them to Times New Roman or Something for ease of reading?

Or are the forms you are transcribing on paper, rather than in MS Word?

I should have been more clear; these are physical pieces of paper, containing demographic information (name, address, phone #, date of birth, date of nasal swab). Myself and a couple others type the information from these papers (as well as the lab result papers once they get faxed over) into our computer database thingy. Not only does the database serve as a centralized location for this information, it also interfaces with a program that helps us contact people to inform them of their test results. 

When all parts of this system are working well together, it all actually flows quite nicely. However, the human elements (myself included; typos happen) keep mucking things up. :lol:

Huzzah! 

• Like 9

Hello!  Pommes Anna was a great success!  Glorious rich crunch surface and a soft fluffy interior loaded with buttery goodness!  I may try another one next week!  Seriously tasty food... and, as luck would have it, the porterhouse steak we had with it was mouthwatering too!

7 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yes, I am one of Those Elfholes who always asks for more work to do. This SoonTM nonsense is torture.

Sounds to me like you're a dream to have around.  Nothing slows down the day like having to kill time at work.  My favorite co workers are the ones who are always trying to fill their day either by requesting new tasks or finding problems to solve.

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

My bosses dont like that and I rarely get to take a sabbatical but my preferred way of taking vacation is staying away until going to work sounds more fun than whatever I am currently doing.  One of these days I'm going to push myself and stay away until a 4 hour safety meeting is what I want!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm awake. Pounding on the door awoke me an hour early. Guy's here to patch the ceiling.

We get to keep the bucket ::P:

Mmm toluene

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I'm awake. Pounding on the door awoke me an hour early. Guy's here to patch the ceiling.

We get to keep the bucket ::P:

Mmm toluene

Yay! Free bucket!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Question for you all. Now that it's nearly lunchtime for most of you, time to reflect on breakfast!

What do you drink with your breakfast?

1. Milk!

2. Coffee.

3. Tea.

4. Orange juice.

Yaaaay, divisive questions that may lead to another war!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

Question for you all. Now that it's nearly lunchtime for most of you, time to reflect on breakfast!

1. Milk!

2. Coffee.

3. Tea.

4. Orange juice.

1. 2. 4.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MusicalFeline said:

1. Milk!

2. Coffee.

3. Tea.

4. Orange juice.

No Milk, all the others, yes!

In case I drink Tea or Juice I always end with a cup of coffee as well.

Awooo.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4