Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Crow's Nest! #014 Julie Guthrie, the Queen of Dragons! started at 4:02 PM.  He hasn't shown what he is painting yet.

ETA: He's painting the dragon bust Julie sculpted and also showing us something with the Reaper airbrush.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Ah, so you were the reason that that port call was cancelled for us.  It all makes sense now.

Um, yeah....sorry 'bout that.

The tropical storm hit here about mid-morning. Very heavy rains and high wind since then. I encountered a tree that had fallen across the road on my way home which required a detour, but no big deal, really. I know 4 different ways to get home, so I still got here safe and sound.

Of course, I sill need to go back out shortly to get my son, but I'm sure all will be fine.

With all this wind and rain, it's starting to feel like a curl up with a good book night.

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Um, yeah....sorry 'bout that.

The tropical storm hit here about mid-morning. Very heavy rains and high wind since then. I encountered a tree that had fallen across the road on my way home which required a detour, but no big deal, really. I know 4 different ways to get home, so I still got here safe and sound.

Of course, I sill need to go back out shortly to get my son, but I'm sure all will be fine.

With all this wind and rain, it's starting to feel like a curl up with a good book night.

Stay safe!  I hope all goes well and you get a lot of reading done!

• Like 10

Thank you!

And I was just informed that his girlfriend is giving him a ride. On one hand, cool, I don't have to go back out.

On the other hand, I'd rather go back out; I've got more experience driving in crap weather than either of them.

• Like 13

Second corona test was much more unpleasant than the first. At least this time we are in the time band prescribed by the college. Last time took three weeks for them to finally posting a time period and by then it was too late.

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thank you!

And I was just informed that his girlfriend is giving him a ride. On one hand, cool, I don't have to go back out.

On the other hand, I'd rather go back out; I've got more experience driving in crap weather than either of them.

They gotta learn sometime. Better in a tropical storm than in a Cat 3 right?

• Like 11

Tropical storm passed by without much more than some flickering lights. Never quite lost power. Fair bit of branches and sticks all over though.

And time to study...

• Like 10

On 8/3/2020 at 2:38 AM, TGP said:

You need a T-shirt that says:

Asymptomatic

Spreader

Close to Within 6 Feet

AT YOUR PERIL

I want one that says, "GET WITHIN 6FT AND I'LL P*SS ON YOUR SHOES".... ::D:

On 8/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, Thoramel said:

1. Blood of my enemies
  2. Tears of the vanquished
  3. Ichor of Bel Shamharoth
  4. Scotch

You forgot gasoline...

On 8/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, Chaoswolf said:

By special order of the UN, I am forbidden to speak of the events of the following week.

Fortunately, he wrote it all down - just google F.A.T.A.L......  ::D:

• Haha 12

6 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I've been outdone by 2020 again, ZOMBIE CICADAS!

Personally, I've always been far too amused by the concept of carnivorous butterflies...

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, if you hold it out in front of you and walk down the narrow passages of a dungeon, it might be harder for enemies to escape. 

Of course, piercing weapons do diddly do vs skelly-tons.

Technically, if you hold the end of the pike and swing it around in a huge circle, it'd probably be kinda hard to get past you... At least until you get dizzy and pass out from spinning around in circles, lol.

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Massospora fungus? If we're being fair, they're not really zombies and we've known about that particular insect brain-controlling/devouring fungus for probably around 150 years. I mean sure, the infected cicada does have portions of its body replaced with a fungus and then has a dramatic change in behavior. But it's not like they're going around eating other cicadas. They just go around getting busy with more cicadas than normal, and I mean like... really busy (waggles eyebrows). In terms of mind controlling, body devouring parasites of the invertebrate world this one would probably be the one you'd want to go out on. I want to say it only infects a couple of species that lay dormant for over a decade. One of those must be coming out this year because this is the third time this week I've seen someone a bit freaked out by it. Kind of a shame my field season got canceled this year because that is definitely something I'd be on the lookout for. 

Today was the first time I'd heard of this, and with everything else that's happened this year so far, a mind controlling fungus unleashing it's minions from their slumber was not what I was expecting when watching the local news. 

So what happens if a young person mistakes one of these things for a Tide Pod and starts munching on it? Can it make the jump to humans like the feline mind control parasite? What happens if the mind controlling fungus meets up with the mind controlling parasite in the same body? 

16 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Personally, I've always been far too amused by the concept of carnivorous butterflies...

Bart was right about them.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

What happens if the mind controlling fungus meets up with the mind controlling parasite in the same body? 

This sounds like something you would already know about...:devil:

Edited by kristof65
whoops - quoted too much.
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Technically, if you hold the end of the pike and swing it around in a huge circle, it'd probably be kinda hard to get past you... At least until you get dizzy and pass out from spinning around in circles, lol.

You'd have to be swinging it very fast (like superhuman speed) in order for someone to not be able to dodge the spike.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those are Smarties similar to tiny M&M's ( The chocolate ones) in fact they existed before Bonito which later became M&M's!!!

Cheesecake in the Netherlands is made from Cottage Cheese and not baked, it's made with whipped cream, cookies for the bottom ( and in this case smarties).

She used food colouring for the layers and topped it off with more smarties.

Then let it cool off in the refrigerator.

Taste is sweet,

Recipe? :wub:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 9

A cloth mask is so much more comfy than the disposable one, and fogs up my glasses way less. Fun times! :) 

Hope everyone is doing well, and the storm has passed you all without damage. :)

• Like 11