Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

Hello all!  Tomorrow will finally be a catch up day.  I had fun with Gencon Online last weekend, but was immediately dumped into a strenuous work situation on Monday; looks like we’ll be done with that today, and tomorrow is a scheduled day off...so...whew.

 

I actually ordered a handful of Reaper figures after the con, for the first time since Christmas.  I went away from the con with an itch to go back to working on my non-specific urban/modern fantasy project.

 

Hope everyone’s generall been well.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This heat wave so needs to end so I can actually go outside and make use of a package that came in yesterday.  Who would think that six spheres, three at 2.5" in diameter and three at 75mm in diameter would provide so much joy (I ordered three "seconds" and three Play Sil-X Hybrids). 

 

Only problem is I'm going to have to put another order in with Higgins Brothers, because the juggling balls I bought from them specifically to take with me to work are in colours that I like too much to put through the grindstone ("bean bag" style juggling balls don't get along well with hard surfaces such as asphalt and concrete, they wear out quick if dropped repeatedly on such) - who knew I would really, really like a red/orange combo. :devil:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all!

 

Spent last evening rereading the first half of the taxes chapter of the FAR book. Tonight I'll finish it, and probably be watching a video or two about it. There's just something about deferred tax assets and liabilities that isn't quite clicking.

 

Mrs. Hamster woke up grumpy this morning, and I woke up not in the mood to deal with it. So we're sitting across from each other, headphones on, ignoring each other. *sigh*

 

Coffee... isn't gonna be enough for today I think.

 

One good thing though is that tonight Star Trek Lower Decks premieres!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been working from home, thus also 3D Printing.

Ordered more resin.

Downloaded some free files.

Became a Patreon for Cometlord for august since those were great designs.

Now drinking an iced radler while waiting for another print to finish.

 

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Let me guess, someone pulled this card on you didn't they?

gazebo.png.ffec1423bf9946f2ca4f42667f4e7de5.png

 

One of those attacked the roof of a house in Tuesday's storm

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

>>> googles Radler <<<

Pour the lemonade in the beer

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While preparing myself for today's supply run I've been mulling over ideas on how theoretically one man could defeat a gazebo...

The gazebo's only weak point is it's supports. The problem is twofold. First, the thickness of them and the fact the inner core is extremely strong means most humans cannot cleave thru it in one blow. The inner core is not only resilient, but it is where the nerve endings are and they are inward facing. 

So superficial damage doesn't even get the gazebo's attention, but the moment you trigger the nerve endings of the inner supports, it whirls and attacks with blinding speed no human can match, regardless of the number of midiclorians they might have...

And a gazebo can maintain fighting effectiveness up until the point only two supports remain. So one man using hand weapons is a recipe for suicide.

The answer is shaped charges.

The gazebo won't feel them being attached, they can be triggered from a safe distance of three blocks away or more, (the gazebo's death lunge is nothing to sneeze at), and all supports can be taken out at once with minimal loss of life. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

I'm not going to share the fun, I finally get the chance to destroy something legally!

 

 

 

That one guy against the old gazebo is me...it will never know what hit it...

Being RNAF I suspect there will be ordnance from F16s involved...

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TGP said:

>>> googles Radler <<<

 

Either 2% or 0% alcohol, Beer with Lemon Flavour, icecold is a good remedy against the heat.

 

 

image.png.2bb87f4970c20bd249f572695071661e.png

 

13 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Being RNAF I suspect there will be ordnance from F16s involved...

 

RNLAF ( without the L it would be Norwegian) But I'm not opposed to the suggestion, of course I need to find a pilot who likes me, if I choose the wrong one a precision bombardment like that could "accidently" hit the nearby house.

I have to think about it...

 

22 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

While preparing myself for today's supply run I've been mulling over ideas on how theoretically one man could defeat a gazebo...

The gazebo's only weak point is it's supports. The problem is twofold. First, the thickness of them and the fact the inner core is extremely strong means most humans cannot cleave thru it in one blow. The inner core is not only resilient, but it is where the nerve endings are and they are inward facing. 

So superficial damage doesn't even get the gazebo's attention, but the moment you trigger the nerve endings of the inner supports, it whirls and attacks with blinding speed no human can match, regardless of the number of midiclorians they might have...

And a gazebo can maintain fighting effectiveness up until the point only two supports remain. So one man using hand weapons is a recipe for suicide.

The answer is shaped charges.

The gazebo won't feel them being attached, they can be triggered from a safe distance of three blocks away or more, (the gazebo's death lunge is nothing to sneeze at), and all supports can be taken out at once with minimal loss of life. 

 

 

Must be the Werewolf Rage in me but I'm going in with an axe, an electrical saw and a hammer.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

@Glitterwolf Radler?!! Why would you drink a cyclist?

 

(I searched Radler up and came up with that terrible play at humour.) 

 

Which is close to the origin of the drink actually!

 

Radler (German for "cyclist") has a long history in German-speaking regions. It commonly consists of a 50:50 mixture of beer and sparkling lemonade.

The term Radler originates with a drink called Radlermass ("cyclist litre") that was created by innkeeper Franz Kugler in the small town of Deisenhofen, just outside Munich. During the great cycling boom of the Roaring Twenties, Kugler created a bicycle trail from Munich through the woods that led directly to his drinking establishment. On a June day in 1922, 13,000 cyclists arrived at Kugler’s. He blended it 50/50 with lemon soda as he started to run out of beer.

While the term Radler has been widely attributed to the Munich innkeeper Franz Xaver Kugler in 1922, the combination of beer and lemonade is documented in texts dating from 1912.[3] Nowadays, Radler is consumed not only in Bavaria, but also in all of Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Poland, Netherlands, and Romania.

In northern Germany, a half-and-half made of Pilsner beer and lemonade is known as an Alster (short for Alsterwasser, German for "Water from the Alster", a river in Hamburg). Regionally the Radler and Alster may refer to shandies made with either citrus lemonade or orange lemonade, with the two terms either contrasting or referring to the same drink. In Hamburg, Alsterwasser may also be made with cola, in reference to the supposed appearance of the actual river.

In Austria, it is common to use Almdudler instead of lemon soda for the Radler.

Radler is very popular during the summer months due to its reputation of being a thirst-quencher.[4]

In New Zealand, the word "radler" was trademarked by DB Breweries for their "Monteith's Radler" beer, which is a citrus-flavoured, full-strength (5%) beer.[5] This has led to some brewers to use the names "reldar" (Radler spelled backwards) and "Cyclist" (the literal meaning of Radler).[6]

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Either 2% or 0% alcohol, Beer with Lemon Flavour, icecold is a good remedy against the heat.

 

 

image.png.2bb87f4970c20bd249f572695071661e.png

 

 

RNLAF ( without the L it would be Norwegian) But I'm not opposed to the suggestion, of course I need to find a pilot who likes me, if I choose the wrong one a precision bombardment like that could "accidently" hit the nearby house.

I have to think about it...

 

 

Must be the Werewolf Rage in me but I'm going in with an axe, an electrical saw and a hammer.

Factoring in a werewolf's regeneration abilities and rage....

Ok, advantage over regular human reaction times, so at least you'll perceive the attack coming, open question as to whether or not werewolves can outspeed gazebos, so if nothing else this can be a good source of data...

Odds are though, you're going in it's maw, which means hacking your way out from the inside while trying not to run out of breath and fending off it's digestive juices. Even then, fighting your way out through the carcass opens up the danger of being caught by the roof collapse...so have an oxygen supply of some kind with you, and a hard hat.

Good Luck!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Factoring in a werewolf's regeneration abilities and rage....

Ok, advantage over regular human reaction times, so at least you'll perceive the attack coming, open question as to whether or not werewolves can outspeed gazebos, so if nothing else this can be a good source of data...

Odds are though, you're going in it's maw, which means hacking your way out from the inside while trying not to run out of breath and fending off it's digestive juices. Even then, fighting your way out through the carcass opens up the danger of being caught by the roof collapse...so have an oxygen supply of some kind with you, and a hard hat.

Good Luck!

 

I will first take off the roofing from the outside, it will give me an advantage!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once the gazebo is dead, don't forget to burn what's left of it and keep a close eye out for anything small and fast that may try to escape the flames, don't let it!

Otherwise you'll be dealing with an Undead Dread Gazebo as soon as it regenerates.

  • Haha 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Once the gazebo is dead, don't forget to burn what's left of it and keep a close eye out for anything small and fast that may try to escape the flames, don't let it!

Otherwise you'll be dealing with an Undead Dread Gazebo as soon as it regenerates.

 

Well actually I was planning of letting my Girl's Brother bring it to the municipal waste station.

It was nice knowing him...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Haha 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...