Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Finally logged into a live Reaper chat on Twitch.

Yah, I'm not missing much..............

Congrats to all the winners of the giveaways.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, haldir said:

Finally logged into a live Reaper chat on Twitch.

Yah, I'm not missing much..............

Congrats to all the winners of the giveaways.

It's mostly rambling but there was some con info, pics of t shirts, and swag box openings.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

That is the player, not the character.

Let's be honest most players actually phrase it as "I got a fifteen, does that hit?" And no mention of wide arcs.

In our group the people most likely describe what they are doing are also the ones most likely to know what they are doing.

I have no idea what they mean, sometimes, so I just say "roll the dice, and we'll see how well that works you".

About half the players are in the SCA.

Grump used to be.

Duncan is a fencer.

Molly did Kendo.

Okay, most of our group knows what they're talking about.

I'M the misfit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It's mostly rambling but there was some con info, pics of t shirts, and swag box openings.  

I kept getting network issues. I hope that isn't a sign of bad things to come when it comes to game hosting for RCon. I came right on as Ron was starting to Unbox. I caught very little, but since I've got one coming, eh more surprises for me when it gets here.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump used to be.

Duncan is a fencer.

Molly did Kendo.

I'M the misfit!

And... most of us still mostly say 'I rolled a 15, does that hit?' :lol:

The Auld Grump

• Haha 10

Kind of why I like rune quest, you roll the dice it comes up as 100, then you roll again, it comes up as even worse, you narrate how you screwed up riding a a bull into battle, had it headbutt a tree get concussed, fall over crush your leg and then used your axe to amputate the crushed leg and throw the severed leg at the enemy to try and scare them off. Because who on earth wants to fight the guy who throws his own leg.

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, TripleH said:

Scratches heads watching @Chaoswolf "cavort" through the thread.

INTRUDER ALERT!

INTRUDER ALERT!

INTRUDER ALERT!

Alert W.O.O.F. that someone is impersonating @Chaoswolf

The Chaoswolf that I've met wouldn't cavort (not sure he would even be able).

Okay........how much booze is missing from WOOF HQ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Well, what a lot of us have been waiting on has finally happened, but on the plus side at least grandpa will be able to see the hockey games again, and hear them easily too.  After getting to say goodbye over the phone one last time to everyone back on Monday (and officially being put on palliative care a week before that), he passed earlier today.  Not quite sure when, as some reports are last night and dad said this morning but all I have to say on the matter is pretty much...  May wherever your path leads be an enjoyable journey, with plenty of good stories.

Edit: Alternate things I've been so tempted to pitch since they want the grandkids to add in to the giant write-up of doom... 

"So long and thanks for all the fish" 

"Guess my team finally made the playoffs" (not that I know what his team was..) 

"he's dead Jim" (even though I'm fairly certain grandpa wasn't a Star Trek or scifi fan) 

"Sun finally set for the last time" (possibly more appropriate for him, given his love of westerns) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
  • Sad 21

11 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Sour brew beers are apparently trendy here in the US among the craft brewers lately, and I would think that a beer/lemonade or some other acidic/citrus beer would be just the thing after a long bike ride...

Beer and Lemon soda has been a Shandy in Britain (and maybe the US) for ages. 

But it’s more like a mixed drink. Just pour some of each in a glass...

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Not sure my game group is going to survive coronavirus.  Couple months ago we had one person break from the strain of being asked if they were available on the coming Saturday to play a game.  Group was asked not to contact them again and we haven't heard a peep since.  So we are down to 5.  Primary GM now has a romantic interest who has panic attacks, anxiety attacks, or last minute plans the day of or the day before the game.  So, 4 players.  One member of the group is suffering shift changes at work (govt/military job, can't do anything about it) so most weeks there are only 3 of us and no game. 

This week we have 4, and it has to be on Roll20 because Shift Worker's partner doesn't want them to leave the house. Neither of the other two (all 3 really) want to be GM. 

So the question I am asking is: is it worth my time to spend the next two days prepping a scenario to run, and try and keep this group alive?  

Run something pre-made, web generated, and quickly cobbled together, -OR- else nothing at all. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump used to be.

Duncan is a fencer.

Molly did Kendo.

I'M the misfit!

Well, you’re a witch, so you know what you’re talking about with magic. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

There is a nice little random dungeon generator on the web: 

AF8F4274-EA5B-44B5-BB54-CAA09AD3876B.thumb.jpeg.dda3fd2855c603ccb84ccb93bbace314.jpeg

28E7145E-049D-4108-BE51-2DAA3773E42A.thumb.jpeg.51a44f1569944905c1353a3950de6273.jpeg

8BE84698-8DDE-49B6-B15E-AC7C8EC88266.thumb.jpeg.552d33a7f0d59c9737c42524b5eef027.jpeg

There are some samples of its output. It isn’t optimized for a phone. The guy that wrote it is still tinkering with it. (Hence the caption blocks covering rooms or bouncing out of frame.) I think it might run better on a laptop or something. 

But, the way I’d use it is keep the maps and numbered locations. Maybe use some of his captions as prompts, but grab some other Random Encounters from some other generator sources and just plug them in. Combining 3-5 of watabou’s maps would make a decent sized Dungeon Crawl. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

I have painted!  Four minis got the finishing coat tonight!

And, more importantly, no more Stormtroopers!  I have painted them all! 

• Nine from the Core Set
  • three from an expansion
  • two Scout Troopers
  • two Dewback Riders
  • six Snow Troopers
  • four Jet Troopers
  • four Riot Troopers,
  • four Heavy Troopers
  • and a commander-type!

Uhh....Heavy Troopers?  I...

don't...

remember...

painting...

those...

Extended no | Darth Vader's Noooooooooooo! | Know Your Meme

It's OK.  I can make it...Only four more...

• Like 3
  • Haha 19

My niece takes after me :blink:

She's reading in two languages. I asked my sister about getting her the Seuss collection but my niece is already past those. So sister and I discussed options and I went with the traditional 2nd to 4th grader's gift of Shel Silverstein (Falling Up, Where the Sidewalk Ends). My sister agrees niece will love it and devour all those poems post haste.

My niece is turning 2 years old.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Status update: Feeling a lot better. Not tired anymore, nor sneezing, but my head still feels a touch light and I'm still chilly. Not to the point where I can be under the heaviest blanket I own and still be cold, though, which is a major improvement. Now all I need is a light sweatshirt.

At least I didn't have to work today!

Stay healthy and safe!

11 hours ago, OneBoot said:

We didn't start doing fun names until MrBoot built his Ultimate Gaming Machine and called it Thor (since god of lightning and all); he calls the two beefy graphics cards "Thor's hammers" lol. I thought that was fun, so I renamed mine Bifrost. Then when I got a new (to me) computer, it became Sif (Thor's wife). One or the other of our portable computing devices is Heimdallr, though I think I changed it because I kept forgetting the spelling, and my netbook is so lamesauce it doesn't get a cool name lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

If your netbook gives you so much trouble it should clearly be named Loki.

7 hours ago, sumbloke said:

@Glitterwolf: I was wondering if Kaya was a south-east Asian foodstuff which has made its way to Netherlands? This morning I tried mixing it with the spekulaas spread on my toast and thought it worked well, so I wondered if you might have tried that combo.

In case you don't know kaya, it's a coconut-based spread. The one I used had some pandan flavour in it too.

Never heard of it, googled it and it turns out we can order it in some Tokos ( Asian Stores)

Coconut always mixes well with cookies/chocolota/booze/spicy sauce etc.

I often use coconut oil to cook.

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okay........how much booze is missing from WOOF HQ?

image.png.760535da49660a07c71da83d9d94160b.png

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, what a lot of us have been waiting on has finally happened, but on the plus side at least grandpa will be able to see the hockey games again, and hear them easily too.  After getting to say goodbye over the phone one last time to everyone back on Monday (and officially being put on palliative care a week before that), he passed earlier today.  Not quite sure when, as some reports are last night and dad said this morning but all I have to say on the matter is pretty much...  May wherever your path leads be an enjoyable journey, with plenty of good stories.

Edit: Alternate things I've been so tempted to pitch since they want the grandkids to add in to the giant write-up of doom... 

"So long and thanks for all the fish" 

"Guess my team finally made the playoffs" (not that I know what his team was..) 

"he's dead Jim" (even though I'm fairly certain grandpa wasn't a Star Trek or scifi fan) 

"Sun finally set for the last time" (possibly more appropriate for him, given his love of westerns) 

My sympathies.

He rode off to his last Sunset.

• Like 11