Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 minutes ago, Adept Legacy said:

Alright. Can we do something, anything else today?

I have two choices today:  stay home, watch it rain and wait for Dr. Office #1 to call about a prescription.  Or, go out into the thunderstorm to fetch prescription that #2 Dr  called in to wrong pharmacy. 

You know as soon as I head out the phone will ring. 

• Like 10

Just paid the down payment for a new partial roof. We knew this was coming, but we were hoping to hold off on it for a couple of more seasons while we addressed some other things we wanted to fix up. But the last couple of weeks have seen some pretty heavy rains and I'm starting to see the faintest amount of failure around a flat portion of the roof that a former owner had used something other than roofing materials on. Had a guy come by earlier in the week with a drone to get up to some of the hard to reach areas on the third floor roof and saw that some of the flashing and grout work around one of the chimneys is looking pretty rough as well. About 65% of the roof still looks great (according to the roofer) and should hold up for as long as I plan on owning this house. But, regardless, it's become a "do it now or risk a bigger bill for rain damage in the future" situation.

Luckily, since we bought an old house and knew what we were in for, I've been saving for this for quite some time now. And I was saving as if I would have to replace the entire thing. So even though this isn't going to be cheap, it's still coming in about $10k less than we anticipated. So I may end up going with some new gutters and security cameras while I'm at it. Ah, the joys of owning a home. 

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

Just paid the down payment for a new partial roof. We knew this was coming, but we were hoping to hold off on it for a couple of more seasons while we addressed some other things we wanted to fix up. But the last couple of weeks have seen some pretty heavy rains and I'm starting to see the faintest amount of failure around a flat portion of the roof that a former owner had used something other than roofing materials on. Had a guy come by earlier in the week with a drone to get up to some of the hard to reach areas on the third floor roof and saw that some of the flashing and grout work around one of the chimneys is looking pretty rough as well. About 65% of the roof still looks great (according to the roofer) and should hold up for as long as I plan on owning this house. But, regardless, it's become a "do it now or risk a bigger bill for rain damage in the future" situation.

Luckily, since we bought an old house and knew what we were in for, I've been saving for this for quite some time now. And I was saving as if I would have to replace the entire thing. So even though this isn't going to be cheap, it's still coming in about $10k less than we anticipated. So I may end up going with some new gutters and security cameras while I'm at it. Ah, the joys of owning a home. 

I know this feeling. We replaced ours a couple years ago. We went with a metal one as it allot cheaper then shingles. At least it's one thing we don't need to worry about.

• Like 14

I talked to Trang for the first time since she and Jake split up.

She was complaining because he took her off his auto insurance, even though she's the one keeping the car. She has a DUI on her record.

As she went on I realized I was hearing about an emottionally abusive relationship.

From the abuser's side. ::(:

I LIKED  Trang, but even from her own lips, I think Jake just dodged a bullet.

She was angry that he said she is drinking too much.

She is drinking herself to sleep every night, and waking up to a hangover every morning, and her new boyfriend is enabling her.

She moved him in while Jake, her ex-fiance, was still living there.

I think I am taking her off my friends list on Facebook. This just isn't right.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 23

11 minutes ago, haldir said:

I know this feeling. We replaced ours a couple years ago. We went with a metal one as it allot cheaper then shingles. At least it's one thing we don't need to worry about.

That would be a nice alternative. Unfortunately we have a 120-ish year old home with 2 chimneys, 2 flat roof sections, 2 covered porches, and 4 different dormers with a multi-gabled roof. The only way to make it look like it all belongs on the same building without replacing the whole thing is to just re-shingle the parts that need it. Although the flat portions that no one can see are getting a modern rubber roof. I'm just thankful that it's not the slate roof that was probably on here originally. I could probably buy a small house with the money it would cost to replace one of those.

• Like 12

Ku

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

I have two choices today:  stay home, watch it rain and wait for Dr. Office #1 to call about a prescription.  Or, go out into the thunderstorm to fetch prescription that #2 Dr  called in to wrong pharmacy. 

You know as soon as I head out the phone will ring. 

Amd I went to the pharmacy that our doctor called prescriptions to, that called to let us know they were ready and I get to the store and it is temporarily closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

2 hours ago, Adept Legacy said:

Welp. Twitter is in the trash can again.

I get it, I got it, good.

Someone famous screwed up, I get it.

You want them fired, I got it.

Good?

Alright. Can we do something, anything else today?

Anyone else feel like they are on a hot air balloon, powered by trashfires?

No, because I've got my own personal dumpster fire to deal with right now.

Nissan dealer is doing the  "The person who you need to talk to isn't in today" routine.".

-

With respect to Twitter, I saw that it was going to become a dumpster fire from the beginning so have assiduously avoided it with nearly the degree of diligence/avoidance applied to Fakebook.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

I think I am taking her off my friends list on Facebook. This just isn't right.

Sometimes people just become determined to drag themselves down, and you just have to cut them loose so they don't pull you down as well.

I had to cut loose my best friend of eight years once, because she just couldn't change her patterns and I was getting tired of having to listen to a broken record.

• Like 12

Tragedy has struck!

My 4 cup Mr. Coffee that I use to make hot water for tea at my desk has given up the ghost, as it has stopped heating water.

I think I paid a little over $4 for it almost a decade ago.  It was on sale, one of those loss leader deals to get you in the store to spend even more money.  I was actually in the store for other things and spotted this and just tossed it in the cart with the other goodies.

I guess I need to order a new one.

GEM

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

It seems, judging by what I've read in the forum today, that a wave of woe has overtaken the world recently.

The question now is this: What Do We Blame?

1 The release of 9th edition for Warhammer 40k

2 The Moon being in Cancer

Wisconsin 

• Haha 15

I say "ignore it, and maybe it will go away."

Especially Wisconsin...  ::P:

I kid.  I have family up there.

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

It seems, judging by what I've read in the forum today, that a wave of woe has overtaken the world recently.

The question now is this: What Do We Blame?

1 The release of 9th edition for Warhammer 40k

2 The Moon being in Cancer

Wisconsin 

4.  All of the Above,

GEM

• Like 9