Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, Weird-O said:

Not a single word of that made sense to me. I take it you're not talking about the starship combat system by Majestic Twelve Games?

Yesterday was 31C...today?  Well, it started at 13C...  Rain brought it down to 10C.

Omg,cold rain on back of neck, yiiiip!!! 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Weird-O said:

The very last mech I was painting for a Jade Falcon Binary was completed last night, and this morning suffered what seems to be an irreparable case of humidity frosting.

Leaving for work, I locked my keys in the house.

Finally arriving at work, I realized I'd left my lunch at home.

I'm now out of coffee creamer.

I'm told today may be International Beer Day...and I'm out of beer.

You ever had one of those mornings where you judge everything around you by how useful it would be as shrapnel?

I have had days where I realized (toward the end of the day in question) I would have come out ahead if I had just stayed in bed. :upside:

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

We play a variety of genres using the GURPS system, mostly modern, sci-fi or horror. We've had a long running supers game that's on hold indefinitely because of the player that left.  That GM only wants to run and play superheroes.  Then they show up late or not at all for other games. The rest of us do take turns with whatever takes our fancy. We've played supernatural investigators, time hopping trouble shooters, and most recently, a futuristic cyberpunk game.  One member of the group has run a few games set in the Star Trek universe. I also ran a pair of Call of Cthulhu games.  I need a couple weeks to prep for one of those, though.  We play Gurps Fantasy  from time to time and we have an ongoing dungeon crawl on Roll20 right now and we'll probably end up playing that if the whole game doesn't get cancelled.  I'll know later today.  The fantasy game is a time-filler slog we use when we don't have a full table, which has been too often lately.  This virus thing has got everybody down, and not being able to meet and blow off steam is not making it any easier. 

Bummer. None of the links I know about are really designed to generate anything but medieval/dungeon-ish stuff. Fooey. 

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

That's going to be a nice snake temple. Just how hot is it where you are? 

WOOF HQ is having what the folk at Reaper HQ describe as:

”. . . a cool summer in Texas . . .”

I am not kidding ^ about that. I wish I was kidding about that. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, DocPiske said:

OK, this is too much to handle.

Taco Bell no longer has Beefy Frito's Burritos.

Will the madness never end?

I'm still upset that they stopped making the Bell Beefer.

It was like a sloppy joe, being taco meat and fixins on a hamburger bun.

GEM

• Like 7

ReaperLand just started. A few minutes late.

Matching all gifted subs they say.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, you’re a witch, so you know what you’re talking about with magic. 

My high priest has a tee that reads "You Can Light  Candle Faster With A Spell And A Match Than With A Spell Alone."

Something that nineteen year old me really needed to know.

Now, witchcraft is my religion, not a way to cast spells, other than as prayer. A way of seeing,  experiencing and celebrating the world around me.

As for knowing magic, you have never heard Grump discussing Cornelius Agrippa with a Ceremonial Magician. :wow:

He can pass as one by the light of day, let alone around a campfire.

For a person that has no belief in magic whatsoever he sure knows High Magick awfully well.

And American folk magic.

Because hd thinks they are fun.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 11

Sat down to enter my receipts for the week and I keep getting distracted by hotel rates, 3D prints, and other more esoteric items.

Since I only have caffeinated Diet Coke and just polished off a Dunkin' Donuts coffee (Caramel Black), I can say that the advice "alcohol for inspiration, caffeine for focus" isn't working for me today.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Bummer. None of the links I know about are really designed to generate anything but medieval/dungeon-ish stuff. Fooey. 

That's ok. Maps are pretty easy to draw.  Finding good story content now, that's a problem. 

• Like 7

On ReaperLand today, they rather unexpectedly went way over the subscription goal to activate the big giveaway, 100 top Bones minis and 50 top metal minis.  The winner was Vecknon. 

There were so many matching gifted subs, they outnumbered the people watching the channel.  Subs went to people who may have only visited the channel once upon a time.  Yet we saw at least one person in chat who did not have a sub.... explain that to me.

Bones V Live is going to start soon with Ron's big announcement.  https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Serenity said:

There were so many matching gifted subs, they outnumbered the people watching the channel.  Subs went to people who may have only visited the channel once upon a time.  Yet we saw at least one person in chat who did not have a sub.... explain that to me.

I could be wrong, but don't you have to "Follow" the channel to receive gifted subs and win giveaways?  Some people may not have known that.  

Also, not everyone knows they have to reload their browser window if the #free doesn't get counted by moobot.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

I could be wrong, but don't you have to "Follow" the channel to receive gifted subs and win giveaways?  Some people may not have known that.  

Also, not everyone knows they have to reload their browser window if the #free doesn't get counted by moobot.  

I also don't think it lets you get a gift sub if you had one that expired this month

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Corsair said:

Okay........how much booze is missing from WOOF HQ?

Only most of it.

FRIDAY!

WEEKEND!

RUM!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I just love it when customers report symptoms that are virtually impossible.  The teller cannot go from Screen A to Screen Z without some sort of process or error message screen(s) B thru Y displaying first. 

If what this guy today is saying is true, then a) he's going to spend about $3k in replacement boards and b) it will be the first time in 15-16 years a teller has ever acted that way. 

So the most likely cause is that he's not reporting the symptoms to me accurately. Even after I asked him three times. I don't even think he's been to the site to retest in the last three days, based on what I can see when I remote in. 

And some people wonder why they can't ever get things solved quickly...

So it turns out that the teller CAN go from Screen A to Screen Y, which it's not supposed to do either. But it's not Screen Z like the customer insisted. 

And the reason it was jumping from A to Y?   Customer tried to have a free wash day by programming the price of the washes to $0, and the teller didn't like that, it sends it into a loop. 

Of course, did he bother to tell me this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Was very happy to hear that the Bones V pledge manager was pushed back to Dec. 1st. This may free up some  money for ReaperCon. So I may just be able to get all the paints I want. 

In other news, my nieces got the box of painting stuff yesterday. They've both been sitting down and painting for like 4 hour chunks. Eldest niece has painted 5 or 6 since yesterday, not sure how many youngest has painted. I'm just very glad they are enjoying it. I just wish I could be there with them to enjoy it too.

I'm currently painting up 3 minis for Husband and I's WHFRP game. I don't really need the minis afaik but I need an excuse to paint. Since quarantine started my motivation had plummeted. Even though that means I can paint whatever I want it's still not happening. I should probably finish up Ma'al soon, just kind of waiting for the weather to get cooler so I can go upstairs and do it. 

My weekly D&D game got pushed back to probably tomorrow night, we usually play Thursdays. We're not sure if we are playing tomorrow, Sunday, or just waiting until next Thursday to play. We're trying to play this section with everyone because it's a big chunk of the campaign so it's been slow going. Instead of scheduling in our text group we are currently talking about the LoTR books and how I haven't read them.

• Like 17