Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

51 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

My FOMO now has a shipping label. Earlier than I expected.

Your what…?

(***and yes I looked on the internet for the acronym, found it, and it still makes little sense...)

19 minutes ago, Marvin said:

All this talk of Mondays--pretty sure the end of the world was supposed to negate the concept of days, at least, what with time no longer having any meaning and all.

Whuuuuuuuuuuut……..??

• Like 6

Fox claims he's going to go to bed at a decent time.... Fox claims he's gonna paint. 

Painting happened, but now said fox is busy writing up posts in his WIP threads instead of going to bed like he claimed he would, because... I dunno. Why else take pics of what you've just painted? :devil:

Was definitely nice to do some assembly as well as painting though.  Was rather surprised hubby TOLD me to paint my minis instead of his, then he tried not to laugh as I spent five minutes figuring out which paint pot I'd go for, chose three different ones before going "nah, I'll get the one that's way over there on the other side of the living room because it feels RIGHT."  yup, it definitely did what I wanted it to, which is definitely a good thing ^_^

Suppose I should finish writing up those posts though so I can get some sleep *laughs nervously*

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, TGP said:

Your what…?

(***and yes I looked on the internet for the acronym, found it, and it still makes little sense...)

I may have made an order just under the wire last week because there was a limited time to get it. Didn't want to miss out on the Reapercon paints, they're very tasty.

• Like 6

Misspell one letter in Capital & you get a totally different "help" line!

I had some fraud activity on a card tonight so I called C1's help line. Misspelled capital & got a sex line..........:blink: :lol: 

• Haha 16
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

I look forward to seeing your results!!

Love me some funky 70's spaceship art...

If nothing Else, I have that huge 3d print 28mm ship that needs painting...

But also some Sorellians from firestorm Armada and, of course, there are always imperial and Eldar...

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sadly, that tshirt is only in children’s sizes.

Just has some super yummy nachos. Made my night decidedly better.

You just need to click the other sizes or other types on the screen.  That gets you to adult teeshirts

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Wishing everyone well on this holy day, may everyone have wisdom, peace and happiness evermore. 

image.png.b2833c1c3bc8d4e8af061a22dde391f3.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Crowley said:

Yeah, I'm much more into stickers for the same reason. I can slap them on my figure cases, and enjoy them. T-Shirts? Got tons of those.

Ugh.... UGH.... Work was just... such a Monday.

And now time for salad and studying. :zombie:

I've got tones of T-shirts too.  Doesn't stop me from buying more though.  I wear mine to work.  Because after 24 years of required uniforms I can wear what I want (within reason of course)!.  I get the stickers too though.

• Like 9

Somebody save me from my companies refinery division!  It's only 8:30 and I already want to rip my hair out! ARRRRGGGHHHHH! trying to get the group to understand that you just cant say "we want you to be better" you have to give them a path, a reason, and a source of capital or its not going to happen.

I'm very tired of this vision without reality stuff.  Right now I am trying to explain to the group that they cant have remote operation of a plant without having any automated equipment. (and yes I have had that request twice) 

I'll stop whining now...

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

4 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Right now I am trying to explain to the group that they cant have remote operation of a plant without having any automated equipment. (and yes I have had that request twice) 

How do people running things not realize you need both together to do the thing?  So many places know this as well as walking.. 

Heck, it has to be moderately automated if you want the controls a reasonable distance away! 

Even the people calling the shots for our company (who have their own version of being out of touch with the world) know this, and we have a ton of automation in our central warehouses, but especially production facilities.. Now, ours is so it can keep working during staff breaks and whatnot, but still... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8

@haldir:  Soylent Green:  ITS PEOPLE!

51 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

How do people running things not realize you need both together to do the thing?  So many places know this as well as walking.. 

Heck, it has to be moderately automated if you want the controls a reasonable distance away! 

Even the people calling the shots for our company (who have their own version of being out of touch with the world) know this, and we have a ton of automation in our central warehouses, but especially production facilities.. Now, ours is so it can keep working during staff breaks and whatnot, but still... 

Its worse, this group is a bunch of development engineers who what to go play with their new toys.  what they don't want to do is install the toys, make sure that the structure for using the toys are there, or maintain their toys.  My last 20 minutes was spent explaining that you cannot have a data lake analysis for process improvement if you don't have a historian to develop a datapool of information to draw from.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Its worse, this group is a bunch of development engineers who what to go play with their new toys.  what they don't want to do is install the toys, make sure that the structure for using the toys are there, or maintain their toys.  My last 20 minutes was spent explaining that you cannot have a data lake analysis for process improvement if you don't have a historian to develop a datapool of information to draw from.

Did you also have to explain that milk comes from cows? :rolleyes:

• Haha 12