Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

I'm losing the battle against my bramble patch, it's sprouting back slightly faster than one lazy, fat man can dig it up.

 

And it's not a battle I can truly win anyways, it's roots are too deep and widespread, the best I can hope for is to keep it's malevolence sealed away and leave it up to some future chosen one to defeat it once and for all.

... Possibly using some sort of enchanted garden spade.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my wife's big glass delivery was supposed to happen on Tuesday. She got the call from the trucking company on Monday asking to set up the arrangements to deliver on Tuesday, right before we had that big Derecho storm pass through Des Moines. She kept trying to call them back - no answer.  Finally got through on the national 800 number, found out the trucking company terminal had lost power - no delivery can be scheduled at that time.  They tell her they'll call as soon as they can schedule. Finally gets the call mid day Tuesday, they want to do a delivery Thursday (today). Says they'll call about 30 minutes before they arrive.   

We've been anxiously awaiting the delivery all day, phone call from the trucking company comes. "We're sorry, we're still catching up, we won't be able to deliver today, we'll be there tomorrow." Not what we wanted to hear.  The depressing part to me is that she could have fit a small commission in while waiting on the glass for this one, but she's been pushing people off until after this one is done. 

Our son's best friend from Middle School in CO made the drive out here to hangout with my son for a few days before they both start their senior year. Both my wife and my son have to work tomorrow morning, meaning it may be me and his friend who are taking delivery of the glass. 

On my trade icon project - over lunch, I got 86 of my 92 items classified as Industrial, Mineral or Agricultural.    These are the ones I have left:

Leather - I'm thinking Industrial, because of the tanning process, especially on the scale needed to export. 

Hides/Furs - not sure - depends on how I classify leather, and whether or not hides/furs take significantly less processing than leather. 
Dyes - Industrial? Some are going to be plant based, some are mineral based.  But again, at the scale needed for export? 
Salt - Mineral? 
Wax - I've classified Honey as Agricultural, thinking Wax should be similar - but if you're processing enough bees wax to export it? 
Whale Oil - I've classified Fish as Agricultural, but whales are quite a bit bigger and take more to process, so Industrial?   TBH,  though, I've considered just wrapping up Whale Oil in a more generic resource called Sea Beast Oil, given that the whalers of Balutor and Redcliff seek all the large critters of the Vileshall Sea. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Also, I have an interview for a bookkeeping position on Friday. Really hoping it’s worth the drive to Ranchester.

Good luck!

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So my wife's big glass delivery was supposed to happen on Tuesday. She got the call from the trucking company on Monday asking to set up the arrangements to deliver on Tuesday, right before we had that big Derecho storm pass through Des Moines. She kept trying to call them back - no answer.  Finally got through on the national 800 number, found out the trucking company terminal had lost power - no delivery can be scheduled at that time.  They tell her they'll call as soon as they can schedule. Finally gets the call mid day Tuesday, they want to do a delivery Thursday (today). Says they'll call about 30 minutes before they arrive.   

We've been anxiously awaiting the delivery all day, phone call from the trucking company comes. "We're sorry, we're still catching up, we won't be able to deliver today, we'll be there tomorrow." Not what we wanted to hear.  The depressing part to me is that she could have fit a small commission in while waiting on the glass for this one, but she's been pushing people off until after this one is done. 

Our son's best friend from Middle School in CO made the drive out here to hangout with my son for a few days before they both start their senior year. Both my wife and my son have to work tomorrow morning, meaning it may be me and his friend who are taking delivery of the glass. 

On my trade icon project - over lunch, I got 86 of my 92 items classified as Industrial, Mineral or Agricultural.    These are the ones I have left:

Leather - I'm thinking Industrial, because of the tanning process, especially on the scale needed to export. 

Hides/Furs - not sure - depends on how I classify leather, and whether or not hides/furs take significantly less processing than leather. 
Dyes - Industrial? Some are going to be plant based, some are mineral based.  But again, at the scale needed for export? 
Salt - Mineral? 
Wax - I've classified Honey as Agricultural, thinking Wax should be similar - but if you're processing enough bees wax to export it? 
Whale Oil - I've classified Fish as Agricultural, but whales are quite a bit bigger and take more to process, so Industrial?   TBH,  though, I've considered just wrapping up Whale Oil in a more generic resource called Sea Beast Oil, given that the whalers of Balutor and Redcliff seek all the large critters of the Vileshall Sea. 

I would apply a general rule of thumb to any product with significant export involved as Industrial.

Salt could be Mineral or Industrial, depending on the amount of Export.

GEM

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still alive.  Still trying to wrangle children and help them fight brainweasels.  It's been a rough year.  

 

Hoping that we can get enthused about doing some painting during the online ReaperCon.  Even went all out and ordered the massive box of swag, because honestly, our entertainment and vacation budget has not been strained this year.  <_< 

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i wish, but it's soooooo expensive...

According to Ron, it is $200 less than it was when they first released it.  ::o:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TGP said:


:ph34r:

 

I might have . . .

656EEA54-F3A8-4B8D-8442-0410A9D9C921.thumb.jpeg.0a0aa737a3ee921440b2ec8b1d6a5ac6.jpeg

 

 

 

My is in my city! But they won’t deliver it until TOMORROW!!! :falls down in a frothing heap of anticipation:

 

5 hours ago, aku-chan said:

I'm losing the battle against my bramble patch, it's sprouting back slightly faster than one lazy, fat man can dig it up.

 

And it's not a battle I can truly win anyways, it's roots are too deep and widespread, the best I can hope for is to keep it's malevolence sealed away and leave it up to some future chosen one to defeat it once and for all.

... Possibly using some sort of enchanted garden spade.

Goats. You need goats.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Serenity said:

According to Ron, it is $200 less than it was when they first released it.  ::o:

Yah, I remember it being around 600 when they first brought it out.

 

I've got the Bones version & at KS price, I'm good to go.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grrr, my Microsoft Surface Pro is getting on it's last legs.

 

More and more, one of the cooling fans is making an intermittent loud grinding noise. And it doesn't even seem to be linked to how hard the processor is working.

 

Though after seven years of use, it was only a matter of time until something gives. So I'm starting to look at the next successor. Currently, the HP Envy X360 (Ryzen 4000 series processor) is topping the charts in overall bang for the buck.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...