Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Yeah... yeeeeeeah...

The Mexican place I've been craving ever since I went keto now has a website for ordering online and they do takeout! Both of these are new and I'm glad they're adapting to the difficulties of the new plague.

They're not strictly keto, too many tortillas, but it's nowhere near as bad for me as a pizza would be and I wants... I wants so much...

Edited by NebulousMissy
words
  • Like 18

My new computer got here 3 days early! It's so fast. I forgot what a new computer was supposed to feel like!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Yeah... yeeeeeeah...

The Mexican place I've been craving ever since I went keto now has a website for ordering online and they do takeout! Both of these are new and I'm glad they're adapting to the difficulties of the new plague.

They're not strictly keto, too many tortillas, but it's nowhere near as bad for me as a pizza would be and I wants... I wants so much...

Nom!  I've been missing the big mixed meat fajita platter with onions and peppers that our local place does.  They bring it out in a cast iron pan.  Fresh home made salsa and guacamole on the side... corn chips count as a whole grain, right? 

• Like 12

19 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I use Facebook - because nobody uses Instant Messenger anymore. ::(:

I thought Farcebook bought Instant Messenger outright. [?]

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

For anybody with First Nations heritage and all the history buffs...

This guy has made a 1491 Census map of Turtle Island...

I.E, This is possibly the most accurate existing representation of what the native tribes of the US and their territories looked like in the years before the European settlers came.

Aaron Carapella, who's part Aniyunwiya (Cherokee, in their language), spent 14 years compiling the information for this map, studying old books and calling different tribes.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Watched the Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer again, this time with Grump.

He paused it, and told me to look at the main character's hair and glasses.

OMG! How did I not notice that! Someone had a grandkid!

Well done, that!

Hmm....

I got home, and the Ghostbusters International rulebook, a Ghost Die, and some notebook paper were on the table.

On my side of the table.

It's almost like someone is trying to send me a message, but of what?

Call it fate, call it luck, call it karma, but I believe things happen for a reason....

The Auld Grump - a subtle clue, this was not. :lol:

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 4
  • Haha 15

18 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

For anybody with First Nations heritage and all the history buffs...

This guy has made a 1491 Census map of Turtle Island...

I.E, This is possibly the most accurate existing representation of what the native tribes of the US and their territories looked like in the years before the European settlers came.

Aaron Carapella, who's part Aniyunwiya (Cherokee, in their language), spent 14 years compiling the information for this map, studying old books and calling different tribes.

Neat!  One of my daughters was lucky enough to participate in a seminar at her school where she learned some native dances and learned about traditional foods.  It was a wonderful experience and I wish it was easier to find those sorts of educational activities.  Lots of work to be done even just documenting languages that are on the verge of being lost. 

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, TGP said:

No, the one that shaped chatting for twenty years was AIM - from America Online. Closed down in 2017, I think.

Facebook just calls theirs Messenger.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TGP said:

They own WhatsApp, but there's still Telegram, Discord, and a few others.  I don't include Skype because that's a garbage can that's on fire - it's unstable, full of ads, and nowhere near as reliable as before Microsoft bought it out.

36 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

No, the one that shaped chatting for twenty years was AIM - from America Online. Closed down in 2017, I think.

Facebook just calls theirs Messenger.

The Auld Grump

Don't forget IRC is still, somehow going strong, and mIRC came out before AOL Instant Messenger was available outside of AOL's dialup ISP.  Nowhere near as convenient as most instant messenger services though, since it's constantly using data.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Keianna said:

My cats would prefer that I never left bed. I give nice pets and it's someone else's job to feed them. 

IMG_20200528_160227836.thumb.jpg.d0e95d3288314abd3517cf0357722347.jpg

That is one gorgeous floof!

I get woken up at dawn every morning by this little madam. It's not so bad in the winter, but this morning her dulcet tones woke me up at 4.40am. She's a little brat, but she's MY little brat <_<

DSCN3262.thumb.JPG.35952b7038b1da7ff45634c05b915289.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Yes, she has the attitude of a cat that is clearly in charge of the house. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Oh yes! She's a bengal/ragdoll mix and the only thing she got from mommy ragdoll is that her fur is softer than a rabbits. Barely 5 pounds of pure sass, she can easily hold her own with our biggest cat that weighs three time as much. She's currently bellowing from upstairs to tell me that it's time for bed ^_^

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I get woken up at dawn every morning by this little madam. It's not so bad in the winter, but this morning her dulcet tones woke me up at 4.40am. She's a little brat, but she's MY little brat <_<

Sounds like our geriatric cat and Mrs. Strawhat.  The cat knows it takes a lot of yowling to get me to consciousness, so she goes straight to walking on Mrs. Strawhat's face.  In the evening, it's usually me that the cat clings to.

In other news: The A/C works again!  I acquired the unit and a new furnace in late fall, but it was too cool to really give the A/C a thorough test-fire.  Well, come this spring, the A/C can't keep up and just blows warm air.  Fortunately, it's been fairly dry and not yet H-O-T.  Well, we're supposed to hit the 90s next week.  The guys came out today, and told us there was some sort of outlet/fuse issue.  Less than $30 for the fix, and I came home to experience that sweet, sweet cool air!

• Like 16