Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

 

It baked perfectly :) I just worry about it, ever since the time I slightly overcooked it and it came out smelling even worse than usual and it was super brittle when I ended up working with it. I might try and pick up a cheap dedicated mini oven for such things when my finances have recovered from the recent vets bills. Won't be for a while, but happily my little feline overlord is actually on the mend now :winkthumbs:

 

At least it's better than working with greenstuff, that stuff is an absolute nightmare to get out of those textured rolling pins :wacko: It also means I can post on my WIP thread tomorrow. I'm really glad that I started it, mostly because I abandon projects with alarming regularity so it gives me the impetus to keep going for once.

 

 

good to hear your house panther is on the mend

 

As for green stuff... I use chapstick or other brand lip balm.  works like a charm and the greenstuff doesnt stick to the rollers or any other mold forms i use.  i put it on the surface and smooth out any fingerprints then make sure there is a thin layer and roll out what i need.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have not experienced the idiocy of the public until you've had a taxpayer refuse to give the IRS their social security number. I have had half a dozen today. Just today <_<

 

If you don't admit you have a number then I can't give you your refund. Sorry, Congress said so in 2015 ::P:

Edited by NebulousMissy
Technicalities
  • Like 6
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

 

I love it, he's got a California Raisins vibe. ::):

So I've heard... through the grapevine...

 

The Auld Grump

18 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

You have not experienced the idiocy of the public until you've had a taxpayer refuse to give the IRS their social security number. I have had half a dozen today. Just today <_<

 

If you don't admit you have a SSN then I can't give you your refund. Sorry, Congress said so in 2015 ::P:

And how many were trying to dodge on their mandatory contribution to SS?

Vs.

And how many are convinced that the SSN is an evil plot by the US government to track all their movements?

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

good to hear your house panther is on the mend

 

 

Thank you! We've even gotten Loki to help(kind of). She has to get meds twice a day at specific times and the trouble is that she knows this and will hide when they're due. I started giving Loki a treat at the same time she gets her 'reward' for getting meds and now all I have to do is stand up and say "Where's Diva?" then Loki will charge about until he finds her and meep until I get there. 

 

 So, yeah, he's basically a little snitch ^_^

 

9 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

good to hear your house panther is on the mend

 

As for green stuff... I use chapstick or other brand lip balm.  works like a charm and the greenstuff doesnt stick to the rollers or any other mold forms i use.  i put it on the surface and smooth out any fingerprints then make sure there is a thin layer and roll out what i need.

 

Now that's something I haven't tried! I've been using sculptors Vaseline, but I have to use gloves and it gets ridiculously slippery if I use too much. I'd better pick up some generic stuff from the supermarket though, I'm not sure if my Lush lip balm would work!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

So I've heard... through the grapevine...

 

The Auld Grump

And how many were trying to dodge on their mandatory contribution to SS?

Vs.

And how many are convinced that the SSN is an evil plot by the US government to track all their movements?

 

The Auld Grump

 

Mostly that second one. Apparently I'm going to do something nefarious with their information... like charge them... [dun dun DUN] taxes! :lol:

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

 

Thank you! We've even gotten Loki to help(kind of). She has to get meds twice a day at specific times and the trouble is that she knows this and will hide when they're due. I started giving Loki a treat at the same time she gets her 'reward' for getting meds and now all I have to do is stand up and say "Where's Diva?" then Loki will charge about until he finds her and meep until I get there. 

 

 So, yeah, he's basically a little snitch ^_^

 

Loki is my favorite. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inarah said:

 

Set a timer and paint. The stress relief will do you good. 

 

Probably should have. Didn't. Miserable study session tonight. Did horribly on my practice MCQs... UGH.

  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I discussed my plan with the guys at the game store. They are all for it, but they also need for it fall in line with the other games that are normally ran at the store. It's more or less right now comes down, the store charges a fee to, play in the games (helps support the store) & to help support the game master running the game as he is travelling to people's homes to run. I said, no worries. They asked how much do you think your game should be. I told them, I'll do it for free. That kinda met a bit of resistance as they didn't want to have 1 game appear to be better then the others (ie charge nothing for DDAL but 50 bucks for PFS.....ummmm why is that so to speak). I also told them that since the people are coming to my place to play, I think it should be less then what PFS is & other items. They kinda agreed to a point but they also wanted to show hey we are charging for this game to show it's a quality game & if yours is free to play & the quality is so so (for example). 

 

Currently, it appears that the game store is more or less the support system for my game & such. In a way it is, as I wanna use them for the exposure & to keep a regulated list of who is coming to game. I told them, they can deal with whatever cash comes through this. I just told them, I want the games to be ran like we were here in the store but outdoors. I run games for the love of the hobby. I've told them that from day one of running games at the store.

 

So who knows what might happen, they did like that I stepped up to run the D&D games, but it just needs to fall in line with how the store is running things. If anything I may just see if my regular guys wanna start a weekly game & go on my own. We shall see.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

I have worked with the public, decades ago.

Which is why I haven't "worked with the public" for several decades.

GEM

I've always had a low tolerance for "stupid" when people start handing me "stupid" I give it my best effort to see that they are presented with a large enough wad to choke on.

When I was still a Parole Agent, one of my "client's" family called my boss on me and told him they didn't like my attitude. My boss' response was he didn't like my attitude either so they were both stuck with it! He called me and told me about this conversation and told me to keep doing my job!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

 

It baked perfectly :) I just worry about it, ever since the time I slightly overcooked it and it came out smelling even worse than usual and it was super brittle when I ended up working with it. I might try and pick up a cheap dedicated mini oven for such things when my finances have recovered from the recent vets bills. Won't be for a while, but happily my little feline overlord is actually on the mend now :winkthumbs:

 

Get an oven thermometer.  A lot of ovens aren't particularly well calibrated, and Sculpey bakes on the low end of the scale.  There might be some burnt goo in a cheap oven somewhere in my past.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, haldir said:

 They asked how much do you think your game should be. I told them, I'll do it for free. That kinda met a bit of resistance as they didn't want to have 1 game appear to be better then the others (ie charge nothing for DDAL but 50 bucks for PFS.....ummmm why is that so to speak). I also told them that since the people are coming to my place to play, I think it should be less then what PFS is & other items. They kinda agreed to a point but they also wanted to show hey we are charging for this game to show it's a quality game & if yours is free to play & the quality is so so (for example). 

 

 

Take the money.  Use it to pay for bottled water or snacks for the players, or order victory pizzas at the end of the campaign.  Maybe you can have the players vote for "best role-player" or "most contributions to the game" and award gift certificates at the end. 

 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:
2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

good to hear your house panther is on the mend

 

As for green stuff... I use chapstick or other brand lip balm.  works like a charm and the greenstuff doesnt stick to the rollers or any other mold forms i use.  i put it on the surface and smooth out any fingerprints then make sure there is a thin layer and roll out what i need.

 

Now that's something I haven't tried! I've been using sculptors Vaseline, but I have to use gloves and it gets ridiculously slippery if I use too much. I'd better pick up some generic stuff from the supermarket though, I'm not sure if my Lush lip balm would work!

 

For the green stuff, you could also try... um... well, how shall we say... water-based "intimate" lubricant... big bottle of the cheap generic stuff... shouldn't be as slippery as vaseline. And a little bit goes a long way (that's what she said...).

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

 

For the green stuff, you could also try... um... well, how shall we say... water-based "intimate" lubricant... big bottle of the cheap generic stuff... shouldn't be as slippery as vaseline. And a little bit goes a long way (that's what she said...).

No way, that kind of stuff actually works with greenstuff?  You learn something new every day... 

 

Edit: my box from FlowToys came in today, as did my Yumi Organics sampler box, plus my coffee.  Mmmm, coffee.  FlowToys box made me happy though, to say the least!  I'm going to want to learn how to hold knob handle poi though, smithy rope shreds your skin quickly if you hold things wrong... 

 

Edit 2: and my last box finally shipped yesterday, although the tracking hasn't said much yet.  PanO and Yu Jing remotes packs for Code One are o nthe way, sweet. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

 

Thank you! We've even gotten Loki to help(kind of). She has to get meds twice a day at specific times and the trouble is that she knows this and will hide when they're due. I started giving Loki a treat at the same time she gets her 'reward' for getting meds and now all I have to do is stand up and say "Where's Diva?" then Loki will charge about until he finds her and meep until I get there. 

 

 So, yeah, he's basically a little snitch ^_^

 

 

Now that's something I haven't tried! I've been using sculptors Vaseline, but I have to use gloves and it gets ridiculously slippery if I use too much. I'd better pick up some generic stuff from the supermarket though, I'm not sure if my Lush lip balm would work!

I currently use blood orange pomegranate lip balm that came as a free sample with  my wife's massage cremes so pretty much anything works.  I've also used  beeswax lip balm as a barrier

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...