Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

11 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Scottish Wildcat or Highland Tiger (With images) | Cat scottish ...

@Kuroneko

I was under the impression that Highland Tigers were more of an outdoor sort of critter...

They're gorgeous, aren't they? They're so rare though, I've only ever seen captive ones. I'm pretty sure that photo was taken at the Highland Wildlife Park, where they are trying to eventually return their kittens back into the wild.

I'm in bed now, but I'll look through my memory cards tomorrow. I'm sure I got some nice photos of them the last time we visited, along with some of Lynx and Snow Leopards. They have a breeding pair of Amur Leopards too, but they are kept well away from the public due to being part of a reintroduction project to boost numbers in their natural habitat.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmm....

I got home, and the Ghostbusters International rulebook, a Ghost Die, and some notebook paper were on the table.

On my side of the table.

It's almost like someone is trying to send me a message, but of what?

Call it fate, call it luck, call it karma, but I believe things happen for a reason....

The Auld Grump - a subtle clue, this was not. :lol:

To be fair, we can be pretty oblivious to subtlety. @PaganMegan knows to work your strengths and........not-strengths. :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

To be fair, we can be pretty oblivious to subtlety. @PaganMegan knows to work your strengths and........not-strengths. :rolleyes:

those of us who know the "Taming of the Grump" story can attest that even working her strengths was slightly too subtle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:
4 hours ago, TGP said:

I thought Farcebook bought Instant Messenger outright. [?]

They own WhatsApp, but there's still Telegram, Discord, and a few others.  I don't include Skype because that's a garbage can that's on fire - it's unstable, full of ads, and nowhere near as reliable as before Microsoft bought it out.

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

No, the one that shaped chatting for twenty years was AIM - from America Online. Closed down in 2017, I think.

Facebook just calls theirs Messenger.

The Auld Grump

Don't forget IRC is still, somehow going strong, and mIRC came out before AOL Instant Messenger was available outside of AOL's dialup ISP.  Nowhere near as convenient as most instant messenger services though, since it's constantly using data.

Trillian is still, somehow, functioning...?

• Like 6

I got my first ink samples from Goulet Pens, many thanks to @Last Knight for the recommendation.  Now I can write in my journal with 'Ocean Shimmer' ink, which makes my boring life much more interesting.  (It actually does have a tiny sparkle!)

But the biggest news today is that we're going to be allowed to have very small outdoor gatherings!!  So I can have a tiny little party for my daughter's graduation!  It's not much, but it's better than nothing.  

Edited by LittleBluberry
Missing a letter changed a word. Phones suck.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Trillian is still, somehow, functioning...?

Better yet, apparently even ICQ is alive and kicking... O_o

• Like 4

98316884_3034616243243199_69757493580377

Rabbit news here. I went out to see how the bunny was when I got home from work & she wasn't visible. I checked her hidey-holes & she wasn't in any of them. I checked the fence line & there was only 1 hole dug but again it's lined with chicken wire now, so she could get through it. Checked the other neighbor's yard even thou no holes for her to get through. I finally checked the gate to the back yard & there was a gap I knew she could squeeze through. My wife & I roamed the immediate neighborhood to see if we could spot her. Knowing it was gonna get close to triple digits today I was hoping to find the escapee. As we past the neighbor's other gate to the backyard she asked if she could get through it & I didn't notice before but there was a gap she could squeeze through.

My wife decided to open the other gate + the neighbor lady (the one she came from) wasn't home, she went into the backyard & luckily there she was. We coaxed her back into the carrier we bought her when we were fixing the fence line & brought her back home. Goofy but safe bunny.

We ended up getting some cinder blocks to block the gap where the 2 doors of the gate come together. We normally have it blocked but last time it was open it didn't get covered up.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

Huuuuu....uhhh. For a reasonable amount, it would be possible to own the mountain resort I spent a week at every summer from before I could walk until I went to college. My family has been coming to it since 1958 until it closed, but we still visit the area. It’s falling apart and can’t be turned into a rental property again without a lot of work and probably more cash than I’d be willing to sink into it, but the fact that the possibility even exists makes me pause. 

• Like 19

Ran the game, PCs in fortified village, four out of the five rolls to fortify the village successful.

So the orcs attacked from the one unprotected area.

And could not roll to hit to save their lives, literally,

DtY managed to convince the giant to stay, but it was just frosting on the nice big FAIL cake the orcs were eating.

Not ONE of the settlers was below half HP, let alone dead.

The orc leader took on Grump's paladin, and lasted twice as long as any other orc. Six whole rounds. Because Grump didn't roll so hot, either. Grump's Smite balanced the orcs STR and two handed weapon pretty well.

The giant was killing two orcs every round, and DtY, using the giant as a flanking buddy was killing them just as fast.

Julie used her scroll of lightning bolt, and toasted nine of them, because I was an idiot, and didn't notice that a five foot step would have them all in a straight line in front of her, and didn't expect her to use the scroll. She was willing to use it, because in a level she will be able to make her own - and this battle took her to that level.

She and Jenny's cleric still had cure light wound spells left over.

Duncan's skald found a central position, and buffed everybody. +1 on that many people makes a difference.

And Grump's character has officially adopted Sera, the NPC I put in the game specifically to annoy him. <_<

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, kitchen_wolf said:
  Hide contents

Scottish Wildcat or Highland Tiger (With images) | Cat scottish ...

@Kuroneko

I was under the impression that Highland Tigers were more of an outdoor sort of critter...

Why is there a cat...in the cat?

5 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I got my first ink samples from Goulet Pens, many thanks to @Last Knight for the recommendation.  Now I can write in my journal with 'Ocean Shimmer' ink, which makes my boring life much more interesting.  (It actually does have a tiny sparkle!)

But the biggest news today is that we're going to be allowed to have very small outdoor gatherings!!  So I can have a tiny little party for my daughter's graduation!  It's not much, but it's better than nothing.  

Yea!  Had a small group of friends over for memorial day and it was more fun than it had any right to be.  Just eating and talking about movies and catching up.

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Up far too early.

News is horrible.

...coffee...

I feel you there. I woke up from a nightmare at 3 AM to another different kind of nightmare that is the news. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

31 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I feel you there. I woke up from a nightmare at 3 AM to another different kind of nightmare that is the news. 

Well, I just rescheduled the CPA exam I was supposed to take 6 weeks ago. First appointment I could get is for 9/12. Grand...

I think I'm gonna try to paint something.

• Like 5
  • Sad 7

Hooee...got a right proper thunderstorm rolling through right now. Near-constant lightning flickers, pouring rain, the works! Aaahhh I miss 'em, haven't seen one like this since we moved here. :wub:

What's funny is I didn't even notice for the longest time. I had my awesome headphones on, and was right in the middle of the final(ish)* boss fight in FF7 Remake. There was a lot of thunder and lightning happening in the game (lots of elemental-type monsters), so it wasn't until there was an especially loud BOOM outside that I realized it wasn't all just excellent special effects. :lol:

Everywhere nearby appears normal, though while I was capturing a couple minutes of film on my phone, I heard a fire truck siren start up. There was a cluster of about three that looked/sounded like they might have hit in or just south of  town only a couple minutes prior, but I won't know for sure until later today from local news. 

To be on the safe side, we turned off/unplugged everything of value (I'd rather replace that hour of playtime than a brand new PS4), but the storm already seems to be grumbling its way off northward. 

*-ish, because hey, this is a Final Fantasy game. The final boss is never ACTUALLY the final boss. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Haha 13