Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Right.... Now everyone can PANIC!!!!!!!   They've cancelled the Ren Faire.... :devil::down::down::grr:

2020 can officially go die in a fire now. Seriously. Couldn't they have just cancelled Christmas instead?

Right!? My roommate even said he didn't want to do anything for Halloween. I thought about it, and I would cry if nothing happened for Halloween. So I started planning a socially distanced yard display. Basically, block off the porch with clear plastic and plywood. Decorate said porch like a witch's hut, with dry ice bubbling caldron and black cat. Have labeled spots where kids can grab various goodies such as potions (juice boxes), sweet temptations (candy), spiders and snakes (plastic toys), tricks (other assorted toys). These will be on little shelves so you just reach in and grab one rather than digging through a bowl. If the city cancels trick-or-treating, then I will just decorate the yard, so folks can drive by and enjoy it anyway. 

Nothing will stop Halloween! 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@Crowley! Wow! That's amazing, congratulations to both of you! :bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday:

@Crowley! Wow! That's amazing, congratulations to both of you! :bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday:

Edit: I have no idea why the forum double posted, maybe it was super happy for you too.....

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Edit: I have no idea why the forum double posted, maybe it was super happy for you too.....

<3

1 minute ago, Pegazus said:

@Crowley CONGRATS! First, right?! Didn’t even know!

Aight. Time to stagger up to the hotel room. 

Yup, first, and we've been keeping it pretty quiet. Only a few friends and family knew until yesterday.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Crowley said:

That's right, in November there will be a little hamster joining the monster household!!

OMG, they're multiplying like hamsters!!!   ::P:

• Haha 18

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Moral of the story: Keep your site clean, equipment in good working order, be willing to spend money to make repairs and upgrades, and you can make good money in the car washing business. 

You have to spend money to make money.

26 minutes ago, Crowley said:

That's right, in November there will be a little hamster joining the monster household!!

Congratulations. Just don't lick your paintbrush while painting this miniature...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So, I'm not sure what the seriousness of this is. When your wife stops complaining about your backlog of miniatures, when you have painted 300+ in one year, when you are so sick of your own thoughts, any sort of physical exercise and watching videos, what do you do?

I'm about to relapse into DDR if I can't think of something better to do. And that always leads back to card games. And I better not go back to TCGs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10

Platypus checking in. Fires all around and family is on standby for evacuation orders. The current estimated border for where the fire may spread to is one mile away. People on the hills have already evacuated and the library is our evacuation zone. Not sure how that will work when we have to quarantine from people due to coronavirus. Air quality is low. Winds are up, so that will become difficult for the firefighters. =(

20200820_160939.thumb.jpg.25b9e7f43d410b6a54e9a64cc73a3856.jpg

20200820_162005.thumb.jpg.d0fbd426270c890ee2176594f58e076d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 17

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Yup, first, and we've been keeping it pretty quiet. Only a few friends and family knew until yesterday.

Apparently not TOO quiet though. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Congratulations!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4