Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Not sure if I mentioned anywhere but I got a mini keyboard that plugs into my phone. I'd gotten it for the Switch so I can chat while playing Animal Crossing much easier, but it works quite nicely for taking notes and whatnot on the phone. And it was pretty inexpensive. 

In other news, my fan I use on my bedside table died and Iwill have to wait until next week to get my replacement since I don't even know where I got them anymore. We had 3 at one point but I think it died long ago. I got one for the hobby room as well, hoping there is room on the desk or that I can make room on the bookshelf or something since the hobby room is directly in the sun all day. I also need to measure the windows and get curtains/curtain rod for the window in there before it starts getting too hot and my Bones start melting...

• Like 11

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Hooee...got a right proper thunderstorm rolling through right now. Near-constant lightning flickers, pouring rain, the works! Aaahhh I miss 'em, haven't seen one like this since we moved here. :wub:

What's funny is I didn't even notice for the longest time. I had my awesome headphones on, and was right in the middle of the final(ish)* boss fight in FF7 Remake. There was a lot of thunder and lightning happening in the game (lots of elemental-type monsters), so it wasn't until there was an especially loud BOOM outside that I realized it wasn't all just excellent special effects. :lol:

Everywhere nearby appears normal, though while I was capturing a couple minutes of film on my phone, I heard a fire truck siren start up. There was a cluster of about three that looked/sounded like they might have hit in or just south of  town only a couple minutes prior, but I won't know for sure until later today from local news. 

To be on the safe side, we turned off/unplugged everything of value (I'd rather replace that hour of playtime than a brand new PS4), but the storm already seems to be grumbling its way off northward. 

*-ish, because hey, this is a Final Fantasy game. The final boss is never ACTUALLY the final boss. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

We had one thunder through around 6 this morning. Crazy stuff!

• Like 9

hopefully we hold off on spring/summer storms for a while. The land here is already a sodden mess

• Like 6

17 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

those of us who know the "Taming of the Grump" story can attest that even working her strengths was slightly too subtle. 

He missed the second least subtle method, so I had to use the ABSOLUTE least subtle method, and actually tell him. ::D: 

I was pretty sure he would pick up on the Ghostbusters Clues though, and he has the Extreme Ghostbusters theme playing on Youtube right now.

For a cheesy nineties cartoon, Extreme Ghostbusters isn't terrible, and is better than The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. There is a character that teenaged me could identify with. She even listened to Nine Inch Nails!

Mum really enjoyed his last Ghostbusters game, and I am pretty sure I can get a full group together online.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Today's launch is still currently a go (weather is still iffy).  just over 1:30 to go...

Sounds like launch is  getting more likely.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

I need a bit of advice from you guys and gals, if possible. Have I gone too far with the colours on this fellows wings? Or not far enough? I've hit 'painters fatigue' and I'm not sure I trust my own judgement anymore :wacko:

DSCN6948.thumb.JPG.205793fb91e32568db4fbae9258e0f64.JPGDSCN6943.thumb.JPG.96f1ec47d7a15d05845bdf1c9b43cab2.JPG

Push it just a little bit further!

Really looking beautiful though. Well done!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

I need a bit of advice from you guys and gals, if possible. Have I gone too far with the colours on this fellows wings? Or not far enough? I've hit 'painters fatigue' and I'm not sure I trust my own judgement anymore :wacko:

DSCN6948.thumb.JPG.205793fb91e32568db4fbae9258e0f64.JPGDSCN6943.thumb.JPG.96f1ec47d7a15d05845bdf1c9b43cab2.JPG

Looks good to me.

Only thing I could suggest is the same advice given to me last year at Reapercon "Push the shading".

And you might want highlight the wing tip claw with some contrast to the wing supports.

GEM

Nice color scheme.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Rolling thunder, still .. we were woken up by a pretty good boom that sounded like it was right over head (didn't see the flash; no way to be sure). 

My kind of weather, this.

• Like 9