Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Push it just a little bit further!

Really looking beautiful though. Well done!!

Thank you so much! The wings were originally just going to be purple/blue/turquoise/green, but it didn't really match the rest of the dragon. Do you think I should make the yellow/orangey part thicker?

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Looks good to me.

Only thing I could suggest is the same advice given to me last year at Reapercon "Push the shading".

And you might want highlight the wing tip claw with some contrast to the wing supports.

GEM

Nice color scheme.

A big "Thank You" to yourself as well! I've added shading, but you're right, I don't think that it shows up very well in comparison to the stark shadows on the body. I've left the claws till last, mostly because I'm uncertain as to what colour to actually use on them. There's so many colour there already :blink:

34 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

May be acquiring another cat. We'll see what the next few days bring.

Yay! (Possible) Kitteh! :bday:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, haldir said:

We had one thunder through around 6 this morning. Crazy stuff!

Yeah, I figured it would end up visiting you. The rain didn't last long, probably less than an hour or so, so it was moving quite fast.

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Rolling thunder, still .. we were woken up by a pretty good boom that sounded like it was right over head (didn't see the flash; no way to be sure). 

My kind of weather, this.

Looks like the same storm system. And yeah, I loves me some thunder; the louder, the better! :wub: There was a huge storm that passed right over our house when I was younger, and I still remember the thunder literally rattling the windows. It was like someone had shot a cannon outside!

Related, I've actually been...much closer to an actual lightning strike than I would have liked. I was helping out at the archery range at a girl's summer camp, when a storm rolled in and started making angry noises. We called the activities early, and while I was up on the side of a small hill gathering arrows, there was suddenly this tremendous NOISE. I didn't even process what it was, my body just instantly reacted and dropped me to the ground. It took several moments of lying in the dirt covering my head for it to filter through that the NOISE had been the loudest crack of thunder I'd ever heard and not, as my subconscious had interpreted it, an explosion (well, not...exactly). A bit shaken, I finished gathering the equipment and started helping to haul it back to camp.

When I got back, I discovered that lightning had actually struck a tree IN CAMP, less than a quarter mile from where I'd been. Nobody was hurt, thank goodness. It was absolutely fascinating to see; all the bark was blown off in a straight line from top to bottom, and all the sap underneath had boiled then hardened. I actually saved a piece of that bark, somewhere; it had the oddest feel to it, kind of rubbery. My guess is because all the cell walls in it got exploded.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 14

Just stood out front banging pots and pans for seven minutes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:
15 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Just stood out front banging pots and pans for seven minutes.

Bear, raccoons?

Offerings to the gods of discordant noise?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Storm part two just raged through aaaaaand yep there goes the internet. Still have power, though, so that's good. 

Once again, the rain stopped 40 minutes after rushing to move the more tender plants under cover. :rolleyes:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Protesting, I'm guessing.

Protesters here are all downtown getting pepper sprayed. 

6 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Storm part two just raged through aaaaaand yep there goes the internet. Still have power, though, so that's good. 

Once again, the rain stopped 40 minutes after rushing to move the more tender plants under cover. :rolleyes:

Is there some spot you can put the smaller plants so they get rain but not the full force of the storm? 

• Like 6

@Kuroneko

Please forgive this final image dump, but I'm pretty sure that everyone wants to see baby Snow Leopards, right?

------

Yes, much like in a zoom meeting, EVERYONE wants to see kitties. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10