Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Protesters here are all downtown getting pepper sprayed.

They're just getting started tearing stuff up in Nashville, from what I hear, but I'm too far out to have to worry about it.

Y'all all stay safe out there. Lot of good people tryna do good things, but seems like an awful lot of bad actors running loose at this point too. Take care of yourselves.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I need a bit of advice from you guys and gals, if possible. Have I gone too far with the colours on this fellows wings? Or not far enough? I've hit 'painters fatigue' and I'm not sure I trust my own judgement anymore :wacko:

DSCN6948.thumb.JPG.205793fb91e32568db4fbae9258e0f64.JPGDSCN6943.thumb.JPG.96f1ec47d7a15d05845bdf1c9b43cab2.JPG

looks really good to me. 

The coloration strongly reminds me of the hot spring pools at Yellowstone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, haldir said:

The way this year is going I would not be surprised if my "Great Lakes Homicidal Mermaid" theory or some of the other crazed ramblings turn out to be actually more fact based than I thought... 

It seems like reality is trying to make me up my game. Worrying as that may be, perhaps I will have the opportunity to face down mothman in a bout of fisticuffs after all....

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, Marvin said:

They're just getting started tearing stuff up in Nashville, from what I hear, but I'm too far out to have to worry about it.

Y'all all stay safe out there. Lot of good people tryna do good things, but seems like an awful lot of bad actors running loose at this point too. Take care of yourselves.

^^^ This.

Mayor of LA has had to declare a general curfew that goes into effect in less than an hour.

My friends, this is a good time to keep calm and keep your head down.

I'll say no more because there's too much buzzy and not enough honey involved.

GEM

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Want to practice docking a Dragon with the ISS?

Here's a simulator put up by NASA:

https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

GEM

Well that was interesting.

First try I had to abandon as MAMA wanted to go for dinner.  We had Red Robin to go.

Second Attempt resulted in a successful docking but not until a few sphincter clenching moments when I thought I was going to loose control before discovering I had the toggle for one set of controls in the wrong position so I was getting full power instead of fine control.

GEM

• Like 7

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

He missed the second least subtle method, so I had to use the ABSOLUTE least subtle method, and actually tell him. ::D: 

No, I am pretty sure your first method was less subtle.

But I still missed it. Or at least misinterpreted it. (I honestly thought you were just trying to freak me out, not ask me out. :blush: )

I was pretty sure he would pick up on the Ghostbusters Clues though, and he has the Extreme Ghostbusters theme playing on Youtube right now.

There was something strange, in the neighborhood. There was something weird, and it don't look good.

For a cheesy nineties cartoon, Extreme Ghostbusters isn't terrible, and is better than The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. There is a character that teenaged me could identify with. She even listened to Nine Inch Nails!

Mum really enjoyed his last Ghostbusters game, and I am pretty sure I can get a full group together online.

Picking up from the end of the Dullahan episode.

My one complaint about the Ghostbusters game is that it focuses on the comedy too much - even in the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon, there were moments of genuine horror. So, my games are maybe a trifle darker than the norm for Ghostbusters.

But then I am a Grundel, at heart.

Yes, that is a clue - your characters will have access to that info from a case file from the New York branch. :devil:

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow, where'd the afternoon go... Or for that matter the evening? 

Assassin's Creed Origins is say too much fun!  Would of been Black Flag, but I got that crash on launch bug, and six workarounds didn't work so I said screw it.  Sure, I don't have a pirate ship but I can swing a Khopesh around like a madman..! 

• Like 10

Origins was an absolute BLAST. Loved just looking at that game. Somehow, despite the stark desert setting, it's the second most visually arresting game in the series by my ranking (behind Unity). Only knock I can make on it as that they perfected the gameplay so much with Odyssey I never could go back and play Origins for getting irritated with the controls and whatnot.

ETA: Dang, I really wanna play some AC now.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Origins was an absolute BLAST. Loved just looking at that game. Somehow, despite the stark desert setting, it's the second most visually arresting game in the series by my ranking (behind Unity). Only knock I can make on it as that they perfected the gameplay so much with Odyssey I never could go back and play Origins for getting irritated with the controls and whatnot.

ETA: Dang, I really wanna play some AC now.

Origins is still my favorite. Odyssey is ....alright. I can't get into it. I still haven't finished it, literally a year If not longer since I had bought it. 

And my gecko passed away

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 18

@Kuroneko Thanks for the animal pics!

Awesome, I love that pic with the playing bears in the water!

And for all of you who want to paint an animal or fur, look at such pics!

Nature is the best painter so much beauty in there.

Also your question about the Dragon?

Awesome colours, do it! Just a little bit more, it is great!

Walking Brutus in the forest near our home and I saw these, my Skyrim character would love to craft a potion from these?

Damage Health anyone?

20200530_125937.thumb.jpg.beb75f8fdff21f80fe1686af3b858091.jpg

20200530_130006.thumb.jpg.3adbf146d0f0b0aebacf21275e074251.jpg

In our garden we have a lot of visitors, granted I'm luring them with food.

IMG-20200530-WA0001.thumb.jpg.ae71e40e8abcd6360b085aa06352d701.jpg

All under the watchful eye of our fierce watchdog.

265285446_IMG-20200530-WA0000-kopie.thumb.jpg.ad63534f7394bebf4eccd33d605dbf98.jpg

Luring the girls with food also works!

IMG-20200530-WA0005.thumb.jpg.cf6f9fd09ea4c676813b468144ec1062.jpg

IMG-20200530-WA0007.thumb.jpg.b75245ea8e4c5a9e7dd56be3d000463d.jpg

@SparrowMarie thinking about adopting another cat?

WOOF has their eyes on you!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:
3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Push it just a little bit further!

Really looking beautiful though. Well done!!

Thank you so much! The wings were originally just going to be purple/blue/turquoise/green, but it didn't really match the rest of the dragon. Do you think I should make the yellow/orangey part thicker?

Not a lot thicker, but yes. Maybe double what you've got for the orange and yellow.

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Want to practice docking a Dragon with the ISS?

Here's a simulator put up by NASA:

https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

GEM

That's HARD....

COFFEE!!

• Like 8