Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 hours ago, alchemist said:

Memo to self:  The task of refilling the sugar bowl is more likely to meet with success if you remember to remove the lid.

When I worked in fast food, someone put sugar in the salt shaker for the fries. No one noticed until we started getting complaints about sweet fries. 

• Haha 14

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Can't be any worse than a squirrel chittering away at tiny little birds... And them chittering right back... 

Oooh, I've done that once. I feel your pain. 

Crazy Crow KNOWS WHERE WE LIVE!

And he is NOT shy about saying hello bright and early in the morning. :zombie:

20 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Yup!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I'm equally certain that's on a totebag somewhere (and possibly a sticker), courtesy of the Farmpit Girls (they mostly sell soap, and have a raunchy farm yard. Much raunchier than mine, they have goats!)

I HAD to look that up.

Hairy Farmpit Girls. And that was NO WAY their raunchiest item.

I need to put in an order. ::D:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Keianna said:

When I worked in fast food, someone put sugar in the salt shaker for the fries. No one noticed until we started getting complaints about sweet fries. 

We have been to a buffet restaurant where they deliberately put sugar on top of the sweet potato fries. I have no idea where they got this idea, but it tasted absolutely horrible :zombie:

Kids loved it though :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 6

1 minute ago, Kuroneko said:

We have been to a buffet restaurant where they deliberately put sugar on top of the sweet potato fries. I have no idea where they got this idea, but it tasted absolutely horrible :zombie:

Just straight sugar? Weird. 

My mom's favorite BBQ place does sweet potato tots with brown sugar and cinnamon. They are pretty tasty. A local place also does sweet potato fries with a creamy marshmallow dipping sauce which is good, but not their best menu item. 

But yeah, sugar mixed with a bit of salt on regular fries was not gross, but not right. And not good.

• Like 6

Yeah, that had to be some sort of mix up with brown sugar. Surely.

In other news, inland hurricane.

• Sad 8

About to close the book on another D&D campaign. (Levels 1-6)  I hope that I actually get it published before Tasha's cauldron, since it happens to have some similar themes.

I think it might have a need of a few minis that don't exist yet. Not sure how I am going to figure that out. But I suppose people would have to care for that to be a problem.

Do I just host it on my google drive? So many questions.

Gotta get the story published before it gets stolen by Wizards.

I am joking, but seriously, the things I wrote will look heavily plagiarized if you squint a bit, from Critical Role Season 1 and from Tasha's Cauldron.
Just coincidental, and post-writing and workshop aggravation. Today I heard there is a class like what I am making, coming out in November.

Of course, I have been working on it just about as long, and will probably put a ton of notes in trash bin soon.

Lousy homebrew anyway. :\

My players are so beyond burnt out that some of them groan when I ask if they are in for Friday nights game.

I did it guys, I got my players to burn out instead of me.

But seriously though, I don't usually DM for Q4. There are too many celebrations that get in the way. Plus, I have to paint about 700 models before I run my next campaign.
Something something Tiamat.

*shudder* I am not sure I have the energy to paint a Mal.

But I will need it for all three of my parties. Or two, if the one that never gets together gets cut loose.

33 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

I grew up despising sweet potatoes and yams because in my family, it is a tradition to make this sort of sweet potato mash with marshmallow on it.
I'm told it is a proud Metis tradition, but I think my dad might be lying to me to spare someone's feelings.

Then one day my wife forced me to eat some olive oil oven yam and sweet potato fries, and life was different.

Boy, were they good without extra sugar.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

8 minutes ago, Adept Legacy said:

I grew up despising sweet potatoes and yams because in my family, it is a tradition to make this sort of sweet potato mash with marshmallow on it.

Sweet potatoes need to be treated delicately, those heathens! IMHO they never need straight up sugar, let alone marshmallow. We make sweet potato pie during holiday season at my house, and our recipe uses honey. Some sweetness added, but the flavor of the honey cuts the sugar.

• Like 7

Just now, Adept Legacy said:
2 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Friday!

Weekend!!

Is it really? Did I make it?

For whatever it's worth... yes!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Citrine said:

A lot of bad outcomes in populations with lower Vitamin D levels.

I was once diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency after an extensive blood work panel. When I went to an ER a few months later and disclosed that in my history, the attending doctor shrugged it off and told me that everyone in the US above a certain latitude line has that deficiency (I don't remember the exact latitude, but if you're above Kentucky that's probably close).

4 hours ago, Cyradis said:

Silly fragile squishy bits dangling vulnerably outside the rest of the body, now they have more things to worry about.

I spent all those years wearing a steel cup in athletics to protect them, just to potentially be destroyed by a virus. 2020 officially sucks.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

When was the last time you gave it a good cleaning by shooting compressed air [canned air] through all the grille vent holes?

Any time a laptop starts weirding out the first thing that should be done is to make sure the cooling system isn't clogging up, which they will do just from the schmutz floating around in the air.

Pro Tip: When you do clean it out, do it outside and wear at least a dust mask.  You will be amazed at the amount of stuff that shoots out of the innards.

GEM

I'll try that. I'm definitely not sure when it was done last, if it has been done that is.

What confuses me though is that it's usually a different error code each time (sometimes it repeats but not in a row and Microsoft troubleshooting page doesn't usually have it listed) and only on my profile on it...

• Like 6

On 8/28/2020 at 5:24 PM, ManvsMini said:

I was once diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency after an extensive blood work panel. When I went to an ER a few months later and disclosed that in my history, the attending doctor shrugged it off and told me that everyone in the US above a certain latitude line has that deficiency (I don't remember the exact latitude, but if you're above Kentucky that's probably close).

@ManvsMini, if I were you I would take 50 mg of Vitamin D daily, it will not hurt in any way, and will help your immune system. 

As @Cranky Dog pointed out below, that is 50 micro grams.

Edited by Citrine
wrong dose unit
  • Like 8