Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Bet you can't see the image and read the text under the spoiler without it sticking in your head, at least for a little while:

Spoiler

l2hsynGbuL.thumb.jpeg.84231dd524c4c88b5575db86e40c33ff.jpeg

GEM

a wheema whap - a wheem a whap.............

• Haha 21

36 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Bet you can't see the image and read the text under the spoiler without it sticking in your head, at least for a little while:

Reveal hidden contents

l2hsynGbuL.thumb.jpeg.84231dd524c4c88b5575db86e40c33ff.jpeg

GEM

a wheema whap - a wheem a whap.............

A-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEeeeeeee AM BUM BA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~!

::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

Anne posted over on her Discord that Justin won't be done getting the studio ready in time for her normal stream, so she'll be streaming on the PaintingBig Twitch channel instead.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Heat wave where its above 33C just a few weeks ago.. Low of 1C tonight.  Weiiiiiiird weather this year, to say the least. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Last day of my vacation ( yes I skipped Monday!)

So I'll be putting more cobblestones around the Gazebo... whoohooo...<_<

image.png.d895439aab9193401011f37f1e7091c9.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

But, I plan to do a lot of painting soon. Hopefully, things will be in a state where I can play some games. I've bought a few I really want to play with other people.

What games are people looking to play with their tiny metal or plastic people and monsters?

Not much new, although I do have the new Osprey mass fantasy battles rules Oathmark to try out.  Other than that, the traditional stuff; Dragon Rampant, Hordes of the Things, Song of Blades and Heroes, De Bellis Antiquitatis, and A Gentleman’s War are the most likely to appear on the table soon. (Well, and some 16th century home rules—we had those out for a remote game two weeks ago, and I wanted to paint something more while inspired, but haven’t yet.)

10 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I should probably pack a few more clothes and not just stuff my suitcase full of paint supplies. But I guess that's what backpacks are for. ::D:

Honestly, if packing a bag helps to put you in the convention mind-set, I’d do it ... After virtual GenCon I decided that working harder to separate the con from the real world would have been a good idea.

• Like 8

Whooooooooo one of two boxes is in town, here's hoping the other gets processed in town before cutoff so it's only one trip to the post office ^_^

• Like 10

So with me, getting back into scale modeling, I've rediscovered one of my favorite overseas hobby stores, HobbyEasy out of China. I came across this tool from RP Tools that looks interesting & useful for bust painters:

RP-CENTA.jpg

Thou, I've seen other methods of determining the center point. Still, cool idea at least.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

You know it's monday when...   

A user stands in the door to your office, with an open laptop in his hands...

And you smell coffee... 

There is no coffee in my office. 

Of course the spray can of electronics cleaner was out of spray... 

(no propellant, just cleaning agent... )

And the ventilation is out again...  

I'll try putting it back together tomorrow.

Either we have a working laptop, or we have a few spare parts for a recent model laptop... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Happy Monday. 

My weekend glass fusing creation came out of the kiln this morning, and I'm very happy with it. Now just another 12 hours in the kiln to slump it into another plate. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It seems like every time I take some time away from these forums (because life), 150 pages of this topic go by. 

Heat advisory today. Again. I'm not sure if the weather channel website is nuts or not, but it says it's 87* F but feels like 102*F outside right now. Ugh. And humidity is 77%. Gotta love Houston in the summer.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

My phone hates me today apparently.  Every time i hit the enter key now it closes the keyboard.  Autocorrupt died (i didn't say it was all bad) and it keeps wiping my responses on the forum.

@redambrosia  i always thought little kids feet were natural adhesives.  If it was on the floor I usually found it on or stuck to on of my kids feet

20 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Happy Monday. 

My weekend glass fusing creation came out of the kiln this morning, and I'm very happy with it. Now just another 12 hours in the kiln to slump it into another plate. 

So cool!  Best i ever did with glass was making some glass windows with solder and copper tape.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

So cool!  Best i ever did with glass was making some glass windows with solder and copper tape.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks.   Copper foil method is what my wife primarily does.  She's been doing it for 14 years now.  I've watched her enough times I know what to do, I just don't want to.  The kiln was her way to sucker me in. 

About 10 years ago, she worked part time at a glass shop for a few months. For the bulk of the time she worked there, one of the more experienced artists was doing a huge panel - 6'x8' IIRC - depicting an underwater sea life scene.  All of the fish in it were done as fused glass pieces, then incorporated into the copper foil panel.  This allowed for more intricate fish than could be done in a copper foil panel alone.   We always thought it was a cool idea, and I started encouraging her to save for a kiln so she could do the same.  And after we moved here to Iowa and her business picked up, she did start saving towards one. 

Then last year my cousin ordered a big sea life scene for a pantry door at her house, where it would have been nice if a kiln could have have been used.  So afterwards,  my wife had me take her to the glass supply store in Omaha, where she spent 80% of her commission proceeds on a new kiln.   After we got it home, it took me a couple months to get it installed and set up, and then she informs me that she bought it for me. 

I hadn't done much with it (and was feeling guilty about that) until she got her big commission this year, and we realized that using the kiln was the best way to accomplish parts of it.  Part of the reason I hadn't done much with it was lack of supplies. I would get an idea for a project, then get bummed out because despite her huge supply of glass, she only had a few sheets of fuseable glass - meaning I had to either do monochrome projects, or buy new supplies. 

I was not going to let fusing cut into my miniature & gaming hobby budget. 

• Like 14