Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

13 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Yeah, good luck.  One of the local universities just put 4 sororities in quarantine because of an outbreak.  Another one has shut down all sports and social events for the same reason.  

Welp, I'll broadcast my online labs from inside the labs until I get kicked off of campus. Like some guerilla mad scientist or something ::P:

I have a university badge now! Security won't stop me at the door anymore! bwahahahahaaa

• Like 7
  • Haha 10
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/30/2020 at 6:52 AM, TGP said:

I would try something like this...

If there is a vaccine, and! I have gotten it by then, and! there are no complications from it: then sure I’m in. 

If one of the three candidate vaccines pans out then hurrah! family can be appeased. 

If none of the vaccines do, and the couple  have to postpone, it will not be your fault, family is still mollified. 

I would add a fourth condition: and everyone else who is coming is vaccinated.

• Like 9
On 8/31/2020 at 8:14 AM, Citrine said:
On 8/31/2020 at 7:15 AM, OneBoot said:

Thanks for the assistance, my brain is just crazy tired and is possibly forgetting how to words. :lol:

I have found this to be a related to surviving past 50...

So many times I know a word, but the brain memory system just will not deliver it when I need it. 

I'm ahead of schedule then...

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
50 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Welp, I'll broadcast my online labs from inside the labs until I get kicked off of campus. Like some guerilla mad scientist or something ::P:

I have a university badge now! Security won't stop me at the door anymore! bwahahahahaaa

Try to refrain from the mad cackling until AFTER you're past the door. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
16 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

My phone hates me today apparently.  Every time i hit the enter key now it closes the keyboard.  Autocorrupt died (i didn't say it was all bad) and it keeps wiping my responses on the forum.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Like 5

My mom suckered/guilted me into taking her to Walgreens after her PT today. She took forever and touched everything. Everything.

7BF34B8E-4303-43CC-A332-F44002E8BEDF.jpeg.a88eb8ed513664a08fe6b6557faf1f35.jpeg

It made me feel almost as covidy gross as the dentist did. I'm such a baby now.

First time I've been in a store in months tho.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

My phone hates me today apparently.  Every time i hit the enter key now it closes the keyboard.

It's not just you; I've had the same thing start happening just recently and it's incredibly annoying. Samsung Galaxy S6, Chrome browser, if that helps.

Anyone with an iPhone having this happen? I'd like to determine whether it's Android-specific or mobile in general.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5
9 hours ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Spent 6 hours yesterday looking at butterflies and flowers at a park for a lab report, which was great but the heat and humidity were awful. Did see a few cool bugs, lizards and birds like a waterhen that came pretty close to me, that was cute. I adore butterflies though so it was nice to see them. 

Isn't nature beautiful?

I'm very happy to have a large garden, many birds, squirrels. toads and insects, love watching them do their thing.

I have put up bird feeders, squirrel feeders, places for the toads to hide, squirrel and bird's nest boxes, insect hotel, butterfly hide out and feeder, and we planted many different flowers to attract bees and butterflies.

the only ones I try to repell are the wasps..pesky little buggers.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

<<<< fishes out phone to test with >>>>

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

It's not just you; I've had the same thing start happening just recently and it's incredibly annoying. Samsung Galaxy S6, Chrome browser, if that helps.

Anyone with an iPhone having this happen? I'd like to determine whether it's Android-specific or mobile in general.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Testing. 

Testing.

Testing. 

Testing. 

No, it seems to wait for me to hit the BRSB before it closes the keyboard. No wait, there is a “Done” hotlink that will also close the keyboard. 

Edited by TGP
There was an Enter after each “testing” ...forgot to type that.
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

No, I've never had that happen. Nor is that an issue on the Surface I'm writing this on.

The droids are the one you are looking for!

Topic shift. I'm up waaaaaay too early. Need to be at the lab at 7, my normal start work time. But I can't roll out of bed and just start working like unusual as I have been doing. I have mixed feelings about getting up at 6:57 then being able to "be at work" at 7:00. It's nice to have the extra sleep, but there isn't time for my mind to fully spin up to operating speed.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Isn't nature beautiful?

I'm very happy to have a large garden, many birds, squirrels. toads and insects, love watching them do their thing.

I have put up bird feeders, squirrel feeders, places for the toads to hide, squirrel and bird's nest boxes, insect hotel, butterfly hide out and feeder, and we planted many different flowers to attract bees and butterflies.

the only ones I try to repell are the wasps..pesky little buggers.

Adore the wild, yesterday was a reminder that human civilisation exists alongside the beautiful and dangerous natural world. Your garden sounds great! I'm not in the wasp hatred faction though I understand why it exists, saw a beautiful one with metallic blue wings yesterday (Could have been a Scolia dubia).

A less wholesome fact about butterflies is that there's a species native to Malaya which has as a slur for a common name, that gave me a  nasty shock when I was looking at a list of different Singapore butterflies. 

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

Adore the wild, yesterday was a reminder that human civilisation exists alongside the beautiful and dangerous natural world. Your garden sounds great! I'm not in the wasp hatred faction though I understand why it exists, saw a beautiful one with metallic blue wings yesterday (Could have been a Scolia dubia).

A less wholesome fact about butterflies is that there's a species native to Malaya which has as a slur for a common name, that gave me a  nasty shock when I was looking at a list of different Singapore butterflies. 

Thing with the European Wasp is that it's aggressive.

I don't hate them but I would like them not to attack us the moment we're outside with food.

https://www.bensbees.com.au/2018/01/23/dangers-european-wasps/

• Like 7