Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

This has been an exceptionally good week for me. First, Charlie Brown happens (I already posted about that), and now the Mario remakes rumor is confirmed...

Makes me think of this:

But with me rolling a twenty instead.

(I'll stop flaunting my good fortune now. I understand this could be hurtful to some, so I'll just stop.)

As mentioned above, we also love to hear good news.

We share both the good and the bad times.

One of the things I like about this crowd.

• Like 10

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely, appears Revell (now based in Germany) isn't fulfilling spare/missing parts to the US right now due to pandemic/COVID19. Opened a '70 Charger/Fast & Furious kit to find out there are no decals included. I may just put this kit back in the stash till we return to normal again.

Bunny isn't feeling too good today either, so we may have to take her into the vet. I'm waiting on a call back to see that. She is really sluggish today & she really won't eat much. When she moves she kinda just shimmies around & then plops. Normally she'll move & then plop down,^_^. Is is hot today (almost 90 right now) so hopefully it's just the heat affecting her more then usual. When I went out to feed her this morning she was laying in the dirt by the side of the house. Normally if she sees/hears that bag she'll come a hoppin to the deck & this morning, she was like "Eh..."

Hopefully she is ok.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

24 minutes ago, haldir said:

Lovely, appears Revell (now based in Germany) isn't fulfilling spare/missing parts to the US right now due to pandemic/COVID19. Opened a '70 Charger/Fast & Furious kit to find out there are no decals included. I may just put this kit back in the stash till we return to normal again.

Bunny isn't feeling too good today either, so we may have to take her into the vet. I'm waiting on a call back to see that. She is really sluggish today & she really won't eat much. When she moves she kinda just shimmies around & then plops. Normally she'll move & then plop down,^_^. Is is hot today (almost 90 right now) so hopefully it's just the heat affecting her more then usual. When I went out to feed her this morning she was laying in the dirt by the side of the house. Normally if she sees/hears that bag she'll come a hoppin to the deck & this morning, she was like "Eh..."

Hopefully she is ok.

Do visit the Vet!

Rabbits need to eat, if they stop eating it can become a problem within one or two days!

https://www.thesprucepets.com/why-pet-rabbit-not-eating-4134274

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, haldir said:

Hopefully she is ok.

Well after looking on a model forum board & then browsin ebay. I was able to secure the decal sheet!! At least one good thing today. Hopefully it'll be two

She is eating! Munching on some leaves my daughter put down for her. Tree leaves are some of her favorite things to eat. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes Grump is so weird.

Last night he courted me with a teen aged love song from the 1950s! :lol:

7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Thank you! Seeing him was the highlight of an otherwise uneventfully windy, rainy two hour walk so I'm glad I could share.

Coincidentally, we were watching a documentary on wildlife in cities last night and it featured some very accommodating otters from Singapore. So cute! :wub:

why-this-adorable-otter-family-took-over-singapores-streets-bbc.thumb.jpg.f34fd2faaa4769ae014cfb78261199b5.jpgrice-media-otter-obsession-4-1024x682.thumb.jpg.7d183518c64e0ed6a83620dc941d78ca.jpg

Those are otterly adorable! ::D:

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

A stroke of insight hit me as I looked at my bookshelf:

Just because I can't participate in ReaperCon doesn't mean I am without the wisdom of the professionals (I'd say Ancients, but I don't want to offend). I have my Dark Sword Miniatures and Hot Lead dvds, and various others, available. Been a while since I've watched some of them, so it's as good a time as any.

Perhaps I'll start with Marike, and see where it takes me.

• Like 14

Just had a distributor tech inform me that an older, but decent condition site was closed down because Starbucks offered the owner a ridiculously large amount of money for the property. 

The bad news was that the site owner jokingly listed his car wash equipment on FB for a ridiculously cheap amount of money to "anyone who wants to come take it all out before it gets hauled off as scrap". 

Someone from a small midwestern town took him up on that offer - came with his son and together they quickly uninstalled everything and loaded it onto a flatbed trailer and hauled it home for their own car wash.   The countdown is on for when we get the calls on how to hook it back up. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 3

25 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I just want to know how they got that cruise ship on top of those three buildings. 

I always think that it looks like a cricket stump, but a far travelled friend told me that it's a swanky hotel. I'm sure @BadgersinMeadows will be able to confirm/deny this. I can't unsee the cruise ship now, lol.

Singapore looks like a pretty awesome place to visit, look at their botanical gardens ::o:

Singapore-Botanic-Garden.thumb.jpg.4ef68fca3e30b7f7931f630cc91d096f.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

Singapore-Botanic-Garden.thumb.jpg.4ef68fca3e30b7f7931f630cc91d096f.jpg

That looks like Endor or Kashyyyk got a major real estate developer.

2 hours ago, Clearman said:

The Singapore skyline looks like they live 20 years in the future.

I had a friend who did a graduate program over in Singapore. He said it was a great place, but from his point of view, that it always had new construction being done to replace old buildings. He felt a lack of historical sites. Again, his words. I'd very much like to hear @BadgersinMeadows perspective on this.

Only time I've ever gotten a glimpse at Singapore was about 12 years ago, where the The Contender: Asia was filmed (like the boxing reality show, but with Muay Thai). It looked extremely well-developed and maintained.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 14

8 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

why-this-adorable-otter-family-took-over-singapores-streets-bbc.thumb.jpg.f34fd2faaa4769ae014cfb78261199b5.jpg

Back when Wizards of the Coast had their own official D&D forums, their Off-Topic section was known as the Off-Topic Tavern.

And the regular group of posters there called ourselves the OTTers.

Spoiler

358057955_TheOTTerguys.jpg.b890ee581c4d6a2f3944422c6888f4b8.jpg

251805562_OTTerPatrol.thumb.jpg.14f8c6aa64d2bdb9cab42ba10b6ea711.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I needn't have worried. Crippling impostor syndrome strikes again ::P:

One of last night's class-crashers was in the office hours today with myself, her normal TA, and the professor. Student made the plea to switch sections, saying in front of her own TA "and [Neb] actually taught us" :blink:

First, no nobody is being transferred to my class and that's fine. I'm already teaching a 28 person section when it's supposed to be 10 students max. Second, the professor waited for everyone else to leave and then begged me to stay on next term :ph34r: Not sure the IRS would allow it given filing season and all but I think I'll have the opportunity to teach all of the Fall Semesters I want from now on.

I think if you enjoy teaching more and it pays the bills, you should do that instead of the IRS...

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Back when Wizards of the Coast had their own official D&D forums, their Off-Topic section was known as the Off-Topic Tavern.

And the regular group of posters there called ourselves the OTTers.

358057955_TheOTTerguys.jpg.b890ee581c4d6a2f3944422c6888f4b8.jpg

You just HAD to go and ruin it with a Marky Mark movie, didn't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

You just HAD to go and ruin it with a Marky Mark movie, didn't you?

Hey, bad humor and modified pics were our signature style.... ::D:

Spoiler

1205540983_ITSATRIP.jpg.d2be1ca812a100532fe057ef76eba1ad.jpg

In other news...

Jack really needs it to be after 3:30 on Friday.

1001387636_AreWeBearYet.jpg.636af587e6b59eabba25b5c3cc73b73f.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6
  • Haha 8