Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Just checked my backyard for any damages. Other then a topple backyard lounge/swing & hammock, nothing too serious. There were some big tree limbs, but that is usual. I'm just glad that it wasn't a tree that is over the house (one we are seriously thinking of getting cut) didn't lose anything. I really worry about that one. You can be outside & on a breezy day, you can hear it creaking. Neighbors were outside using duct tape to repair a pot plant. Ok, chalk anther one up on the duct tape list!!:lol:

Leaves everywhere! Fall has started here when it comes to leaves & of course they had to fall a day after I mowed the yard.....sigh. The never ending battle continues.

• Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arson investigations would be so much easier to deal with if:

A. Everyone bothered to communicate things so I can find them. I know that we pretend that Marky Mark still has his Funky Bunch where I'm at but this is getting ridiculous. :grr:

B. There weren't Melrose's Place levels of drama and relationship shenanigans! :blink:

Edited by CaptainPete
Missed a space
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

They are working on a new version of Warlord.  The old version relied on very expensive metal minis, so I assume they will be redirecting it toward Bones minis.  I'm personally hoping that means that factions like Korbolas will end up in Bones Black.

I hope so too, as the game would be a lot more approachable for many people with Bones, and Koborlas in Bones Black would be downright EPIC!  Doubly so all those gnolls being redone in Bones Black, and/or them and the wolves getting a few more new models too! 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

THAT PART SUCKED!!!!!  My nerves kept building and building until by the end I was actually shaking.  Usually, I crack a joke or two during class; if everyone laughs, I'll know the students are relaxed and enjoying it (at least not pissed).  In this format, you get nothing but silence and it caused my subconscious to think that I was failing miserably. Logically, I knew it was probably fine, but I had no way to know except for checking comments, which is very impractical when you are sculpting and trying to cover a lot of material in a short time.

I’d like to assure you that there was quite a bit of laughter here. Also, Sephy waved at you when I let her on my lap. (She’s gotten used to seeing people on video chat.)

• Like 16

31 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I hope so too, as the game would be a lot more approachable for many people with Bones, and Koborlas in Bones Black would be downright EPIC!  Doubly so all those gnolls being redone in Bones Black, and/or them and the wolves getting a few more new models too! 

When Bones first came out there was a discussion on doing just this, and some army lists were made up using the then-available models, but I can't find it now. :( 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

They are working on a new version of Warlord.  The old version relied on very expensive metal minis, so I assume they will be redirecting it toward Bones minis.  I'm personally hoping that means that factions like Korbolas will end up in Bones Black.

The rules were ok, but I would prefer it to go to a D6 system.... I know there are those that hate d6s, but from my experience in helping play test, d10s are unpredictable. If your dice are off and your opponent's are hot, then throw in the towel. Besides, it makes it slightly harder to get people into a game where you have to buy die from a game store or website.  Hell's I can buy D6s at my store.  Anyways that is my opinion, not that it is worth much.

Edited to add:

I hope they do some 'cool' things like chariots and other types of war machines. 

Hope everyone's day is going great. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

Besides, it makes it slightly harder to get people into a game where you have to buy die from a game store or website.

That's not as much of an issue as it was in the past.  Both Target and WalMart in my area are carrying D&D dice sets, and I've seen tubes of d10s at one of them (can't recall which one)

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Holy Broccoli. 

Trying to get shipping quotes for shipping that glass panel to the client this morning:

image.thumb.png.9226a9eb324324fb529dbcb761242079.png

Lowest one so far is 4x what the same crate cost to be shipped to us. 

I was looking for a Tamiya model that apparently was only re-released in Asia. The original release here in the US is out of print & if you find em, garner big bucks. Anyways, found a person in Japan on ebay & it was expensive but the shipping was 150 bucks. Umm, nope. You can keep that kit!!

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

The rules were ok, but I would prefer it to go to a D6 system.... I know there are those that hate d6s, but from my experience in helping play test, d10s are unpredictable. If your dice are off and your opponent's are hot, then throw in the towel. Besides, it makes it slightly harder to get people into a game where you have to buy die from a game store or website.  Hell's I can buy D6s at my store.  Anyways that is my opinion, not that it is worth much.

Edited to add:

I hope they do some 'cool' things like chariots and other types of war machines. 

Hope everyone's day is going great. 

I think there is a KS with 3 plastic war machines, but the name escapes right now............:poke:

• Haha 7

*jaw drops* HAPPY FOX!  Native Instruments finally did something that actually surprised me, and no, I'm not playfully making a comment about how EVERY email I've gotten from them the past year or so has pretty much been "this thing you aren't interested in is on sale!"  ....  They finally, FINALLY launched a standalone version of Maschine.  Name sucks (Maschine+ is the name), but on the flipside it doesn't have to be tethered to a computer anymore...

Only issue for me?  At it's price of $1,799 CAD, it's against some tough competition from Elektron's Digitakt+Digitone, which would only be $399 CAD more...  Either way, it's going to require a bit of thought...

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

That's not as much of an issue as it was in the past.  Both Target and WalMart in my area are carrying D&D dice sets, and I've seen tubes of d10s at one of them (can't recall which one)

Yah mine has those sets you'd normally find in a big bulk deals on Wish or AliExpress or even Amazon. They even have some sorta Adventure Begins D&D hybrid board game out there as well.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:
On 9/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, Inarah said:

Regarding notReapercon, I think @TaleSpinner said it today in his class: "I can't hear any of you laughing." 

THAT PART SUCKED!!!!!  My nerves kept building and building until by the end I was actually shaking.  Usually, I crack a joke or two during class; if everyone laughs, I'll know the students are relaxed and enjoying it (at least not pissed).  In this format, you get nothing but silence and it caused my subconscious to think that I was failing miserably. Logically, I knew it was probably fine, but I had no way to know except for checking comments, which is very impractical when you are sculpting and trying to cover a lot of material in a short time.

I had a thought about that? I'unno how practical it is; get a couple of us (maybe up to the dozen you'd usually have live?) in Discord or with voice privs in Zoom, so you can hear us giggling at your jokes. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

With ReaperCon Live and the long Labor Day weekend, it took a while to realize we're Tuesday.

I strangely feel like Monday didn't really exist and went straight from Sunday to Tuesday.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1