Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

10 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

The rules were ok, but I would prefer it to go to a D6 system.... I know there are those that hate d6s, but from my experience in helping play test, d10s are unpredictable. If your dice are off and your opponent's are hot, then throw in the towel. Besides, it makes it slightly harder to get people into a game where you have to buy die from a game store or website.  Hell's I can buy D6s at my store.  Anyways that is my opinion, not that it is worth much.

Edited to add:

I hope they do some 'cool' things like chariots and other types of war machines. 

Hope everyone's day is going great. 

Who doesn't have an Amazon account these days (or know someone who does)?  Dice are plentiful there these days.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

Welcome back. 

I like clouded sea but have trouble matching it to other paints.  It doesn't really go with the deep ocean/marine teal triad, it's a little more green and desaturated. I think if I was looking for two other colors I would go with a dark rich color like monarch purple, and a lighter, brighter color like the grey you are thinking of. That will give you good contrast, and allow you to do a little blending, say to make a greyish purple,  or a brownish color with the purple and clouded sea, and lighten the clouded sea with the grey. 

Thanks!  Yeah, you pretty much summed up my thinking.  Clouded Sea is a really pretty color, but it's just that mix of grey/blue/teal that doesn't quite match anything else I've got.  Maybe I'll try taking another blue-grey and add a touch of one of the marine teal triad colors.  Mixing colors is not my forte, though, so I might just end up switching to an easier grey.  

I had really wanted to take Corporea's color theory class online, but it was going to be a little painfully early with the time zone change.  

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Thanks!  Yeah, you pretty much summed up my thinking.  Clouded Sea is a really pretty color, but it's just that mix of grey/blue/teal that doesn't quite match anything else I've got.  Maybe I'll try taking another blue-grey and add a touch of one of the marine teal triad colors.  Mixing colors is not my forte, though, so I might just end up switching to an easier grey.  

I had really wanted to take Corporea's color theory class online, but it was going to be a little painfully early with the time zone change.  

There's really nothing to mixing colors. Take a brush tip of each and mix it on a plate and see if you like it. Want it lighter? Darker? More blue?  Just play with it. 

Use your three colors out of the bottle and then try 50/50 blends for secondary items like pouches or clothing trim. 

FYI, Corporea's color theory pdf is still up on the registration web site. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

It helps if you have a color wheel and a color chart.

If I had to pick just one I would go with the wheel.

It will help with mixing both for a single color and the complimentary colors.

They are less than the cost of a single decent brush.

GEM

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Hey thanks, but I still haven't gotten in to the play yet. It's just my audition.

Ah, my mistake, in that case:

Go get them! Hope you get into the play.

In other news, Brutus isn't feeling well.

He has barfed up lots of slime and water, has even done a number 1 on the floor which he never does indoors.

I'm working from home today, so I can keep an eye on him to see  how this goes.

If things get worse or he doesn't improve I'll call the Vet.

Now hoping it's just a minor thing.

• Sad 17

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The sneaking, or the actual work?

The sneaking. 

I've hidden gift projects from her before, but they've always been stuff I can hide/work on in my crafting area/garage/office.   This idea is a glass project for which I have to raid her tools and supplies. And then I'm going to have to figure out how to get it to the kiln/out of the kiln without her seeing it. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Hey thanks, but I still haven't gotten in to the play yet. It's just my audition.

In other news, my computer's running like a piece of trash today, particularly when using Chrome. It relentlessly decides to stop responding, make the text in the tabs disappear, and whenever I right click it gives me this huge empty box instead of the little one with the words in it.

Not to mention randomly whiting out. Guess I'm supposed to grow in patience today.

If you're using Windows 10, there's some kinda massive update that my poor computer has been choking on slowly installing for the past several hours. It's been causing everything to lag massively and behave oddly, so I eventually abandoned it to the mercies of Windows in disgust and did the rest of what I needed to do on my phone. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Right, I'll have to call the Vet.

There's blood in Brutus his urine.

Oh no…

I hope he will be OK. He looked super happy in that garden photo about three pages back.  Maybe he has a kidney stone? Do doggos get kidney stones?

On 9/6/2020 at 11:27 AM, Glitterwolf said:

IMG-20200904-WA0001.jpg

This is just about my favorite picture of Brutus.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

Oh no…

I hope he will be OK. He looked super happy in that garden photo about three pages back.  Maybe he has a kidney stone? Do doggos get kidney stones?

It could a Bladderstone, Cystitis or a tumor.

I hope for one of the first two.

He was alright yesterday, later he barfed up slime and water.

We thought it was stress ( his girl Senna had visited, we had youngest vixen's boyfriend over  and he sometimes reacts stressed then)

Tonight he had barfed up more water and slime, he peed indoors.

I walked him but it was still dark, seemed alright, barfed up a little more slime.

A few hours later he asked for walkies, I went with him and then I noticed the blood.

I can call the Vet in 15 minutes from now.

Hope it will be alright.

He's 7yrs old, life expentancy for Boxers is around 10.

I'm scared..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 14