Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

24 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Side note: while the toilet paper has been resolved, I have yet in my town been able to find disinfecting wipes stocked in any grocery store. Last week was the first time in six months I found 91% isopropyl alcohol too.

If it's any consolation... Even large suppliers are having issues keeping it in stock.  We have our sources, but we're regularly being back ordered, and even then maybe 1 in 5 customers that orders it through us winds up getting any. 

One company I deliver to wound up striking a deal with a local distillery for hand sanitizer for example, just so they could start bringing more employees into the building slowly, through multiple phases. 

• Like 10

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@redambrosia if you even suspect that you have pneumonia, then you need to get some medical attention asap. I'm not scaremongering here, but that stuff can make you go downhill fast ::(:

@ManvsMini, unfortunately that ain't Loki, it's his little (4 pounds lighter!) brother, Kurogane. We tried to put it on Loki and he just fell over and refused to move. He has too much dignity for such nonsense ::P:

17 minutes ago, Thoramel said:

If I tried this with my black cat, or any of my cats for that matter, I'd be going to the hospital for some stitches. You either have the most docile cats in history or some really good protective gear. Although the look you're getting in that last picture looks like someone is plotting revenge.

He's a lovely combination of sweet natured and incredibly lazy. The only time that he's ever scratched me is when he's been startled by a noise outside and I was holding him. 

You don't want to be a bug anywhere near him though, those are dealt with quickly and ruthlessly. He might be adorable, but he's still a cat after all :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

If it's any consolation... Even large suppliers are having issues keeping it in stock.  We have our sources, but we're regularly being back ordered, and even then maybe 1 in 5 customers that orders it through us winds up getting any. 

My brother has been supplying us, as he lives in a city about 45 miles away, so we usually meet up halfway and do a swap.

32 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

@ManvsMini, unfortunately that ain't Loki, it's his little (4 pounds lighter!) brother, Kurogane. We tried to put it on Loki and he just fell over and refused to move. He has too much dignity for such nonsense ::P:

Of course! Foolish me. Loki is more likely to turn it around and figure out how to put the outfit on you or your housemate.

If Kurogane doesn't like his hat, those pictures make him passable for Toothless from How to Tame Your Dragon.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

@Pegazus, I would happily take that snow from you.  Being trapped inside due to wildfire smoke really sucks when most of the normal places to escape to are restricting access.  

Who said anything about not having wildfire smoke? The hope is that the snow has put out the infernos that completely obscured the mountains during the drive back from NM! Seriously, they are just 10 miles away for most of the way and were barely visible because of the haze. I’m sure the particle counts have gone down with the precipitation, but it may be too much to hope it’s reached safe levels for people with medical conditions.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

"Break a Leg", trouper.

GEM

Thanks, chief. I'll do my best!

18 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Chrome is a PITA...as are most of the other browsers....when it comes to RAM and system usage.

It sounds like it's trying to use system resources that aren't available, so maybe try disabling some add-ons and find the option to disable hardware acceleration and see if that makes a difference

Could be. I'll see. Today it's working a bit better.

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Ah, my mistake, in that case:

Go get them! Hope you get into the play.

No worries! Many hearty thanks!

Hope Brutus'll be okay!

13 hours ago, OneBoot said:

If you're using Windows 10, there's some kinda massive update that my poor computer has been choking on slowly installing for the past several hours. It's been causing everything to lag massively and behave oddly, so I eventually abandoned it to the mercies of Windows in disgust and did the rest of what I needed to do on my phone. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I did have an update on Saturday that took a couple hours of my precious free time. Could be it that's screwing everything up. Updates usually seem to make things worse, in my opinion...

7 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Ah.... another lovely, cool summer day in Colorado. Figure I will whip up some lemonade and ice cream to attempt to stay cool in this heat. 

784D54ED-D3AB-4275-B380-B10F2775DB0B.thumb.jpeg.ae639a4d0239b8a50653834a57589051.jpeg

As a South Dakotan, I sympathize. Stay cool!!

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Home Depot has these for sale...

262442762_halloween-decorations-fog-breathing-dragon-4-5f3284e259f20__700(1).jpg.a9b5e94c5069d2364f67132b0f3cfd20.jpg

:wub:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I do have a little color wheel, GreenStuffWorld sent it in an order once.  I just...  Well let's just say that while I know how to mix colors, I'm not good at mixing highlight or shadow colors that look right with existing colors.  (Especially for cloth where I'm trying to do nice blends.)  I'm going to try and push myself, but I've been relying on triads for a long while.  

@Pegazus, I would happily take that snow from you.  Being trapped inside due to wildfire smoke really sucks when most of the normal places to escape to are restricting access.  

Highlight and shadow need white and black mixed into the baseline color for each end of the scale.  Only takes a little bit to move the color value a considerable distance.  Experiment and remember "happy accidents".

• Like 7

As hoped, the Santa Ana wind from the weather system that snowed on Colorado has swept most of the smoky air out of our valley.

But not before it totally clobbered my throat and sinuses.  I can barely croak today.:zombie:

So glad to hear that Brutus's problem is treatable.

BatCat is very cute. 

The "decorative" snow looks nice.

And I can't emphasize enough @redambrosia that if you suspect pneumonia, get it checked out.  Once you have a pneumonia you become more susceptible to subsequent infections, so this is nothing to mess with.

621192164_TurnSignals.thumb.jpg.03af9601d21b2e38f5bda55f0590b90c.jpg

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
  • Like 7
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, pcktlnt said:

The Bay Area is helping to promote Dune. Picture as of 1:00 pm

20200909_123922.thumb.jpg.a0c82b0382ba10d4b5d45153a65c896e.jpg

I miss the sunlight. Can someone upload pics of blue skies?

I was thinking about DUNE yesterday in relation to masks because of air like this in our area.

Stay safe and here's hoping you get a beneficial weather shift soonest.

GEM

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

I miss the sunlight. Can someone upload pics of blue skies?

4B1EC4B7-ACBD-4015-AD84-6E57C412D8C3.thumb.jpeg.cae96516954de2ce3093c4c163b10982.jpeg4470DC4C-8DB3-4478-B883-9C9635A732C6.thumb.jpeg.d41aae2dbe88f0f37311848f2d65bcb8.jpegE9E70691-3B27-467E-A8FE-4667548C3E4D.thumb.jpeg.8b2c0e253770eedab15cf5c6d07325be.jpeg

99029895-1918-4F9C-8593-7F9B569AEC7E.thumb.jpeg.ac49e3afde1590497c75e5057b705750.jpeg

EB563B1C-1368-407E-9263-01FC5A19A17F.thumb.jpeg.cb8f3b3c37a0e69d1473aaa547d94f2d.jpeg

Sure Pocket, anytime. 

I’ll do another batch tomorrow. There are plenty in my phone. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

I did not bother to take too many outdoor shots today since what I saw at 6am is the same as what I see now. Lol. I am losing track of time in this orange haze. Two shots from yesterday.

This was yesterday at 7am

20200908_064153.thumb.jpg.d6ccde34ece537d8fddbb1fc22254b30.jpg

And then at 1130am

20200908_111708.thumb.jpg.fc1f9248696925848d1bffdfc13a0bc7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9