Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

On 9/8/2020 at 8:22 AM, TaleSpinner said:

In this format, you get nothing but silence and it caused my subconscious to think that I was failing miserably.

I always just assume that I'm vastly entertaining and clearly everyone in my presence is having a good time... ::D:  

Of course, I'm also an utter narcissist, lol.   YMMV

On 9/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, kristof65 said:

Both Target and WalMart in my area are carrying D&D dice sets, and I've seen tubes of d10s at one of them (can't recall which one)

Here, Game Exchange and Toy Vault also carry dice...

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

More good: got Sephy’s Halloween costume yesterday.

From the look on her face, I'm guessing she'll be wearing that until sometime around Christmas, lol.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had an update from the CEO today.  In it he pointed out that 6 months ago today was the last day most of us were actually in the office. 6 months....shesh, and I still don't have my miniatures organized......

4 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

I am cautiously optimistic. I worry that this is a franchise that just won't make the transition to screen very well though.

It doesn't appear to have Sting in a diaper, so it's off to a good start.....

• Haha 13

4 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I do have a little color wheel, GreenStuffWorld sent it in an order once.  I just...  Well let's just say that while I know how to mix colors, I'm not good at mixing highlight or shadow colors that look right with existing colors.  (Especially for cloth where I'm trying to do nice blends.)  I'm going to try and push myself, but I've been relying on triads for a long while.  

@Pegazus, I would happily take that snow from you.  Being trapped inside due to wildfire smoke really sucks when most of the normal places to escape to are restricting access.  

So blue is considered a "cool" color; as the paint you're looking to work with has blue and green, you could try adding blue or indigo to shade. Green can be either cool or warm depending on the adjacent colors, so adding pale green or yellow-green can be used as a highlight color. Paint overlapping swatches, let it dry and see how it looks.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

4 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

I am cautiously optimistic. I worry that this is a franchise that just won't make the transition to screen very well though.

It doesn't appear to have Sting in a diaper, so it's off to a good start.....

Indeed. 

The only flaw I noticed was what might have been Sardaukar in space armor that was not Jet-Black. But one could hope those were Household soldiers or something. 

• Like 8

So, I went to an urgent care (hopefully it won’t cost me too much), and they have me antibiotics and told me to get some mucinex. They also did a covid test. So yay, out of work again.

The worse news is that Sephy is worse and now has boogers coming out of her eyes.

43 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

From the look on her face, I'm guessing she'll be wearing that until sometime around Christmas, lol.

Oh, I wish. She was smiling like that because she knew I was taking a picture. She actually hates wearing it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 18

A classic example of It's a Small World - for several years BB (Before Brigid) I ran a Pathfinder campaign at a dry bar, for recovering alcoholics.

This week, one of those players was hired at the restaurant I work at.

Ye gods, I had forgotten just how much Robby talks, and talks, and talks... but he never stops working either - he can do both at the same time, so no huge complaint. :lol:

The Auld Grump

16 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

So, I went to an urgent care (hopefully it won’t cost me too much), and they have me antibiotics and told me to get some mucinex. They also did a covid test. So yay, out of work again.

The worse news is that Sephy is worse and now has boogers coming out of her eyes.

Oh, I wish. She was smiling like that because she knew I was taking a picture. She actually hates wearing it.

With Brigid we have the opposite problem - she loves her costumes, and insists on wearing them all the time.

She was heartbroken when she outgrew her faerie princess costume. (How we know she's our daughter - she was pointing the magic wand at people and going 'Pew! Pew! Pew!' ::D:)

The Auld Grump

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

In the kids game, right now, they are scheming how to capture the evil priest in the town, without the townsfolk knowing about it. (Church of Mother Grace - three alignments - Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, and Lawful Evil - the villagers think he worships the Lawful Good aspect of his goddess.... They are wrong.)

The baron and his son are still laid up with poison - but the PCs did manage to keep them alive.

And the party just figured out that the barbarian running the tavern is a doppelganger, that is also passing himself off as a bard.

He's been the barbarian ever since the real barbarian died in a dungeon - he had nothing to do with it. Lars - the Bard - has also been poisoned, and is 'Black Axe the Barbarian's' best friend. The doppelganger is playing decoy, trying to keep Lars alive.

If they ever get the chance, Lars and 'Black Axe' have a stupid routine they like pulling - both looking like Lars, and when asked which one is real they each point at the other and say 'He is!', then they look confused. link arms and point at themselves 'No, I am!', then they look at each other, confused again - arms still linked, and both point at the real Lars and say 'No! He/is!/I am!' - because they are under the delusion that is funny.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TheAuldGrump said:

(How we know she's our daughter - she was pointing the magic wand at people and going 'Pew! Pew! Pew!' ::D:)

::D: ::D:

One of my favorite memories of my daughter is similar.  She was in her car seat playing with a toy gun or wand - can't remember which -  going pew pew pew when we arrived at the mall.   After we parked, as my wife opened the door to get her out, she looks up and goes "Mommy, I'm pewing!" while proudly showing off the toy. 

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I got an email today from a little speech therapy clinic I applied to a few months ago, asking if I'd like to interview for the SLP-A position (I'd applied to both that and their front desk position, been interviewed for the front desk and didn't get it). 

I about fell over myself responding with "Yes please!" and now I'm just waiting to hear back with a definitive day/time. :bday:

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1