Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Brutus test results are in.

It all points to Cystitis, except for a few proteins that were found as well.

With all his symptoms they now believe it's Cystitis and they gave me antibiotics for him.

It should get better in a few days.

If that's not the case then I will call them back Monday.

So I hope we found it.

IMG-20200901-WA0002.jpg

Fantastic!!!

7 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Something is certainly in the air :lol:@Crowley, I believe that you wanted to see these when they arrived?

RSCN3333.thumb.JPG.098f3bd74433dd5f2b1a439a03ec3ebf.JPGRSCN3336.thumb.JPG.22fc36d240d76fe253cadee6deea2f0c.JPG

DSCN3269.thumb.JPG.e118d955deb40d5d0ebe65fdcde831b4.JPG

Kurogane loves his new wings, but isn't too impressed with the hat

DSCN3315.thumb.JPG.89a717b08c3986aa2e8d9d1aeb16bbe7.JPG

DSCN3328.thumb.JPG.6257817da9087c8b6d2183ca2016fa1e.JPG

Oh!!! :wub: I love it!!!

Long day... Very tired.

Sleep!

• Like 10

Just now, MusicalFeline said:
6 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

I just did a one-way video interview. Man that was weird...

That SOUNDS weird...

Did you just have a list of questions or something you read and answered or something?

Basically, yeah. It's apparently the new "in" thing for HR. You get some period of time to read the question and formulate your response, then record a video of your response (with a time limit on that as well). Shake and repeat for the remaining questions.

• Like 10
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

Basically, yeah. It's apparently the new "in" thing for HR. You get some period of time to read the question and formulate your response, then record a video of your response (with a time limit on that as well). Shake and repeat for the remaining questions.

Yup, you were right. That is weird.

But it kinda makes sense, what with the current situation.

What I don't understand is how that's better than a Zoom call or something like that (I, personally, prefer FaceTime. Because I've never used Zoom before).

Edited by MusicalFeline
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

What I don't understand is how that's better than a Zoom call or something like that (I, personally, prefer FaceTime. Because I've never used Zoom before).

I don't know. And I don't know how it's supposed to be different to the selection criteria which I already answered. Sure, they get to see and hear me, but the format is basically the same - prepackaged questions and your answers with no ability for the interviewer to pursue additional information (or even suggest they would like more with their body language) like they would in an actual interview.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
42 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

I just did a one-way video interview. Man that was weird...

I've done that once when applying for a job at a bank. It's awkward and impersonal, to say the least.

I also did one, though it was 4 years ago now. It was both unsuccessful and the very first interview I ever performed without pants. Not sure of the correlation, I've handled all of my pantsless meetings just fine this year.

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

35 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

So basically HR now lacks the attention span necessary to read actual words on a page, and the "people skills" needed to do an in-person or video interview?

• Like 7
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

I don't find this surprising...

I had a high urgency ticket (possible COVID-19 related one) take 71 days for them to finally deal with...

Sad part?  Within twenty minutes of it being reported, my boss got a call from them.  I updated the ticket a few days later when I was given the all clear, and went "sooo, I'm allowed to work right?".  Dead silence from HR, at least on my end.  Boss went "well, AHS says you're clean, and you don't have any symptoms, you can work".  But yeah, 71 days for them to respond on my end, and the response was "ticket closed, were you happy or dissatisfied with our service?" and I'm all "uhhh....  High priority means over two months.  I'll keep that in mind..."  When I updated the ticket, they called my boss again, but never actually resolved the ticket or sent me any replies o_O

• Confused 4
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, MusicalFeline said:

FaceTime, in my experience is very unstable. It’s worth it to look for alternatives.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

So they email a set of questions to you? 

(Failing to understand the format.)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, TGP said:

So they email a set of questions to you? 

(Failing to understand the format.)

It's through a website (which you've granted access to webcam and microphone) or an app (which I didn't try). You only get to see the question a little while before you have to answer it. I would have loved to be emailed the questions so I could prepare properly...

• Like 10