Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Actual beaver tail is considered a delicacy in some places.  I've never had the opportunity to try it.

Despite the fact that we have a fairly flourishing beaver population in CT, basically nobody around here actually eats them...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Despite the fact that we have a fairly flourishing beaver population in CT, basically nobody around here actually eats them...

Wait until the Food Channel finds out about them and makes them a "trend"....

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

On the flipside, at least my clothes match now, and the cloth mask is a lot comfier to wear, at least on the itchyness side of things - your face does get fairly warm fairly quick though.   I am now a masked beard that wears sunglasses, mwa ha ha ha ha! 

I actually had to give mine up because I couldn't stand wearing a mask over my beard, the itching made me want to claw my face off.....  I'm now clean shaven for the first time in a decade

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

This thread needs some cute/funny animal pictures, STAT!

"Did somebody call for me?"

14-5e6b8062241a6__700.thumb.jpg.c5c32da416bd0c633f4d06275c1cedac.jpg

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

17 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

My babies

20170822_164656.thumb.jpg.f86a31e3370f7f50a793594d8946dc73.jpg

My spirit animal

FB_IMG_1525726021581.jpg.81e670c781b5effcc4a81e40d70836e5.jpg

• Like 19
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Here’s a pic of my grumpy old man cat being thoroughly unimpressed by a deer in our backyard and a better shot of said deer

Spoiler

925776B4-6EF4-42CF-BF6A-B6ADEA77F7D8.jpeg.6a794083d0758bc97eb934e301d78695.jpeg

5E00D1A2-035F-49E8-87C8-19E65B4DE256.jpeg.56c7f8bb203e334492426787e241b122.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

How do beavers taste?

Like chicken. :rolleyes: I know they're edible but it's something I've never tried. I think I have a cookbook with really old recipes that has something for beaver. One thing is that they are incredibly fatty. When I was young and trapped one winter we gave the first carcass to the dogs. Poor dogs and it was a good thing they didn't live in the house then. You may have heard the saying "like @#$% through a goose". Let's just say they didn't squat to do their business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 8

50 minutes ago, Zink said:

Like chicken. :rolleyes: I know they're edible but it's something I've never tried. I think I have a cookbook with really old recipes that has something for beaver. One thing is that they are incredibly fatty. When I was young and trapped one winter we gave the first carcass to the dogs. Poor dogs and it was a good thing they didn't live in the house then. You may have heard the saying "like @#$% through a goose". Let's just say they didn't squat to do their business. 

If I call correctly, in the 1700's the Catholic church declared beavers (as well as capybaras and hippos, come to think of it) to be fish, which allowed people to eat them during Lent.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

If I call correctly, in the 1700's the Catholic church declared beavers (as well as capybaras and hippos, come to think of it) to be fish, which allowed people to eat them during Lent.

that's...weird lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2