Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Brutus some scritches for me. He looks adorable in that shot.

Sky is no longer orange, but a dull brownish color or dirty grey. Lol. 36 years in California, first time seeing the 10,000 strike lightning storm and watching an orange sky. 

Excited, 1 of 2 packages arrived at my place. Ill need to contact reaper since UPS claims they delivered my order on Saturday, but I never saw a delivery all weekend. I was staged in front of the window for reapercon.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks to tonight's episode of Masterchef Australia, I've ordered 12lbs of instant noodles.

At least I know what I'll be eating for the foreseeable future.

I just can't help myself today with the memes...

noodledream.jpg.cdbb654a8c1553499755fb1de5f531bb.jpg

Noodles do sound good though.

• Haha 14

22 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks to tonight's episode of Masterchef Australia, I've ordered 12lbs of instant noodles.

At least I know what I'll be eating for the foreseeable future.

I used to belong to a monthly Subscription Box that an assortment of 7-10 packages of instant noodles.   The packaging was entirely in Japanese, but I was able to decipher the pictograms enough to get them cooked.  Didn't really know what the flavor was supposed to be, but I enjoyed each and every one.

Edited by Clearman
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just a heads up for all of our Military Veterans and Active Duty Military.

Lowe's offers a 10% discount for all Vets and Military.  Fill in a form [addendum: the form is online] and get verified and start saving 10% off of most items purchased.

I recently signed up for it and all I have to do is give the cashier the phone number linked to the account and the discount is applied.

GEM

Home Depot does the same thing.  Just have to show an ID card,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kristof65 said:
19 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

So basically HR now lacks the attention span necessary to read actual words on a page, and the "people skills" needed to do an in-person or video interview?

I don't find this surprising...

I'm pretty sure those are the job qualifications for an HR person.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Stressful day at work today...people suck.

I'm feeling snarky - I've christened an annoying coworker "Skeletor"...  And now I'm posting these.

Spoiler

avoidinjury.jpg.df7e6eba3c404fc6e37ad139bc86c08c.jpg

Yodadiss.jpg.ae3910dde46f7f84837dfe102280c76c.jpg

WheresWaldoPsstTurnAround.jpg.21a2db66b501ab9f30b367fc20adeed6.jpg

Snark, snark, snark, snark snark, snark snark...

Snark.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

So, poor Sephy has a sinus infection. They gave us eye drops and antibiotics for her. They also did a covid test on her <_< 

I’d really like to get a job that doesn’t involve babies coughing in my mouth. I’ve never been this sick, this much

Poor Sephy. Also, how is Dr Mom? (Who worried us all with the Pneumonia word!) ??

• Like 6

You know, I though that having the games online would mean everyone would virtually show up on time. NO TRAFFIC!

Tonight, even GRUMP is going to be late!

7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

They're very smooth and dry beautifully. I LOVE their metallics like they're second to none. 

That's the one.

ETA: I bought a bunch of Pro Acryl blacks/whites/greys. Never a bad excuse for new paint and it helps my birthday is next month so it was easy to convince Husband to let me get them. ::D:

Their Kimera Kolors, single pigment paints are the effing BOMB!

For people with traditional art training, they are a GODSEND!

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

So, poor Sephy has a sinus infection. They gave us eye drops and antibiotics for her. They also did a covid test on her <_< 

I’d really like to get a job that doesn’t involve babies coughing in my mouth. I’ve never been this sick, this much

For BD it was ear infections.

Knock wood, only one so far for 2020. The only good thing about this whole year!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

If you ever thought you might have too many miniatures, check this out:

80,000 points of chaos Space Marines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrFE_KP8ryw

You might want to mute it, he tends to ramble a bit.

Or not, up to you.

That is a LOT of minis....

Burger and beer for dinner. Watched Lower Decks. Now study time.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Semi-pro tip:  you can get probiotics in little packets that you can mix with any liquid.  I used to make a sippy cup probiotic concoction to feed them in between antibiotic doses.  Helps prevent those awful diaper rashes.  

14 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

For BD it was ear infections.

Knock wood, only one so far for 2020. The only good thing about this whole year!

My two youngest are only 21 months apart.  For a while it seemed like one of them was always sick, and since they played together all the time and shared everything, once one was sick you knew the other would be too in short order.  The youngest had so many ear infections we actually had her checked for hearing issues because she wasn't talking much.  Turned out it was just because her sister talked enough for two kids so she kept her mouth filled with her thumb.  ::P:

Now she spends all her time hiding away listening to music/YouTube and drawing.  :down:  Angsty teens, man.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1