Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

17 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Pretty sure you can get a Veteran's ID from the VA.  At least that is what I am told.

As a Vietnam Era Veteran I've had multiple "less than optimal" interactions with the VA since being mustered out.

I will make an attempt for positive interaction once we are relocated to Nevada, but the VA in Cali. is ~still~ in serious need of reform.

GEM

• Like 5
  • Sad 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Now she spends all her time hiding away listening to music/YouTube and drawing.  :down:  Angsty teens, man.  

What are the angsty teens listening to these days? Still Alanis Morissette's entire Jagged Little Pill album? Smashing Pumpkins? Nirvana? Fiona Apple? Garbage? (Yeah, clearly I'm way out of touch... or just wanting to remember the good old days?)

If you say Fall Out Boy a part of me will die inside...

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

51 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Their Kimera Kolors, single pigment paints are the effing BOMB!

MiniPaintingStudio (who does the Miniature Monday stream for Reaper) is using them on his stream tonight on Twitch, FB and YT.  He's painting a bust of a witch. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

With the wind storm down in Utah on Weds we got our load a day later (so last night). My co-worker & I go in tonight to throw the regular Thursday load. I really hope this one is small. I doubt it, as the grocery manager tends to overdo it.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

He seems to be a little bit more alert and fit.

There was still blood in his urine this morning, but this afternoon there was none visible.

So I hope this means well.

Praying here, give him an ear scritch!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My angsty former teen (she's 21 now) was listening to 5 Finger Death Punch and Nightcore mostly.  My other two aren't that angsty.  At least not enough that I could make broad generalizations.

Nightcore... ok, that one's new to me.

*listens

Not bad. Not really what I'd call angsty.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

That stupid moment when you realize the reason no one has shown up for the game is IT'S NOT GAME NIGHT! :zombie:

Blaming Grump, his telling me he was going to be late made me think it was game night! :wow:

It is game night!

Just not Pathfinder - Rangers of Shadowdeep, Frostgrave, or another two player wargame. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

If you ever thought you might have too many miniatures, check this out:

80,000 points of chaos Space Marines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrFE_KP8ryw

You might want to mute it, he tends to ramble a bit.

Or not, up to you.

I'm unsure if this guy has more chaos than my friend bill has orks. I've never seen all the orks in the same place at the same time.

• Like 7

Question. Which is the blackest of Reaper's black paints?  Is there any difference between say Pure Black and Solid Black in terms of pigment?

I know folks use a lot of black variants for shadow colours and the like, but I'm talking about when just painted on a flat surface by itself, which looks the blackest?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question. Which is the blackest of Reaper's black paints?  Is there any difference between say Pure Black and Solid Black in terms of pigment?

I know folks use a lot of black variants for shadow colours and the like, but I'm talking about when just painted on a flat surface by itself, which looks the blackest?

I'd say Pure Black, it seems to be more matt than the other one you mentioned. From what I understand, darkness in a black paint is due in part to how non reflective it is and Pure Black seems more matt to my eye. 

You could always ask Anne Foerster on one of her Twitch episodes, she designed the paint line after all. I'd offer to do so, but I won't have time to watch any of the shows live untill Monday.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 10

Thank you @LittleBluberry! I’ve order some probiotics for my girl to pick up tomorrow.

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Poor Sephy. Also, how is Dr Mom? (Who worried us all with the Pneumonia word!) ??

Oh, I do have pneumonia. I got seen for it and was given antibiotics. I feel like garbage, but at least I don’t have to go to work.

• Like 8
  • Sad 11

17 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

There's a Spinal Tap reference to be had in there:

spinal-tap.jpg.0ce85ec713c56d730007676eead23b49.jpg

Seriously, today has been a gold mine for movie references. Thank you all.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 2
  • Haha 12

14 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I don't have solid but here's the ones I have

Pure black

Nightmare black

Black indigo

Nightshade

Noir black

Coal black

Of them, pure is darkest, but noir gives a more flat even coat so I use it for large surfaces that I want blacked out. 

IMG_20200910_212537~2.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4