Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

55 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

What are the angsty teens listening to these days?

Not sure if I count as "Angsty", but I mostly listen to YAGMCB's (Now see, that's a test of how much attention you've been paying to my comments. Because if you've been paying attention, you'll know what it means, but if not, you won't. Aren't I just so clever?)  soundtrack, a lot of "Sweet Caroline" because I need to learn the lyrics (turns out it's more than just "Sweeeeeet Caroline, BUM BUM BUM"), and my favorite swing/jazz/big band group. And Simon & Garfunkel (why not?).

In other news, question for y'all. Which do you think is a better choice - buying a 3D printer, or backing the Bones kickstarter?

• Like 10

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MusicalFeline said:

Not sure if I count as "Angsty", but I mostly listen to YAGMCB's (Now see, that's a test of how much attention you've been paying to my comments. Because if you've been paying attention, you'll know what it means, but if not, you won't. Aren't I just so clever?)  soundtrack, a lot of "Sweet Caroline" because I need to learn the lyrics (turns out it's more than just "Sweeeeeet Caroline, BUM BUM BUM"), and my favorite swing/jazz/big band group. And Simon & Garfunkel (why not?).

In other news, question for y'all. Which do you think is a better choice - buying a 3D printer, or backing the Bones kickstarter?

Since I've done both I can't show partisanship.

GEM

Still waiting for the printer to ship.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well after we gave Thumper her daily meds, we decided that she's been cooped up in the house for a week & she needed to be outside. So my wife unwrapped the "burrito" outside. Normally after her meds she goes & hides behind a chair, slightly heavy breathing but tonight she hopped over to her normal spots she frequents like nothing had happened. She even rolled in the dirt while out on her run.

Yah, she needed this. Currently she is lounging under my hobby table outside. Besides when I got home from work this morning, she was acting weird anyways, ha ha. It wasn't a sick weird but more or less a curious weird + she was more loving then usual. She wanted to be outside. She still has 1 more week of her meds + I think the syringe the vet gave us, needs replaces as the suction isn't holding liquid as it did. I need to look for a new one tomorrow.

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

@haldir how's the rabbit doing today?

Just noticed this one. Doing allot better today!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

That is a tough choice, assuming the answer can't be both of course.

If I could only pick one, and didn't have a bazillion, er 20, miniatures and 2 3D printers already, I would go with Bones.  There is a real deadline on that (which reminds me, I need to actually get my pledge picked in the pledge manager) while 3D printers (both kinds) will just keep getting better if you wait a few months or so. Also remember that Bones gives you everything you need, while a 3D printer gives you the tool, but then there are still consumable costs, like filament or resin, and all the really cool STLs that @Glitterwolfkeeps mentioning....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just a heads up for all of our Military Veterans and Active Duty Military.

Lowe's offers a 10% discount for all Vets and Military.  Fill in a form [addendum: the form is online] and get verified and start saving 10% off of most items purchased.

I recently signed up for it and all I have to do is give the cashier the phone number linked to the account and the discount is applied.

GEM

Lowes annoyed me over that.  As @Dilvish the Deliverer says, you can get an id from the VA, and many states allow you to get a Veteran's designation right on your Driver's License, which is what I have.  Used to be able to just show my DL at both HD and Lowes to get the discount, but now Lowes wants to make me sign up. 

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, MusicalFeline said:

Do you want Bones minis that you can paint right out of the box, or do you want a machine you have to tweak and twiddle with which will allow you to make a variety of interesting and entertaining objects?  A 3d printer is a project by itself, even before you get to the cool files you can print.  

If you just want to paint, get the Bones.  If you like longer, involved projects, get the printer.    

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

My wife's crate was picked up tonight, and is on its way to her client.  Cool thing was that the truck driver who picked up the crate was the same one who dropped it off with the  glass from the distributor a month ago and was so patient when we unpacked it all before signing.   So we made sure to show him pictures. 

And I may have got my first glass commission today. Husband of my daughter's girl scout leader contacted me asking about doing something for her for Christmas. 

6 minutes ago, Inarah said:

A 3d printer is a project by itself, even before you get to the cool files you can print.  

This. 

Mine has been out of commission for 9 months now, simply because I have no motivation to fix it. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My angsty former teen (she's 21 now) was listening to 5 Finger Death Punch and Nightcore mostly.

I can respect the Death Punch. Not familiar with Nightcore, will have to look that up.

2 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Based on that, no I would say you do not count as "angsty." If anything, I'd say you're leaning more towards qualifying for an AARP membership if you are listening to Neil Diamond and Simon & Garfunkel. (It's a joke! I grew up listening to them on car trips with the family.)

And yes, I know the answer to your acronym, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. But, I must say, if you continue to reduce your text font that small, I'm going to stop paying attention to your comments. (That text may be in purple, but seriously, that small of font is hurting my eyes to try and read it.)

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Question. Which is the blackest of Reaper's black paints?  Is there any difference between say Pure Black and Solid Black in terms of pigment?

I honestly haven't noticed a difference between the two, but I haven't compared them side by side before. 

My interview seemed to go pretty well. I think it was obvious to both of us, though neither of us said it, that I'm not the strongest candidate for the position. It's been several years since I've done anything speech-therapy related, and even the clinical hours I do have may be too old (assuming my school still has a record of them). I'll call them tomorrow to find out. 

So, we'll see. If I get it, great! If not, I'm no worse off than I was before the interview. ^_^

EDIT: Oh hey, it looks like the "enter key closing the keyboard on mobile" issue is finally fixed! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 17

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My angsty former teen (she's 21 now) was listening to 5 Finger Death Punch and Nightcore mostly.  My other two aren't that angsty.  At least not enough that I could make broad generalizations.

I like all things Rock and Metal and have listened to those as well.

In fact FFDP is on my USB in my car with a few songs.

Music is only that...music.

Taste differ, nothing to worry about.

Unless she listens to Justin Bieber, then worry!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Ugh.

I will tell you that an awful lot of the money we were planning to put into Bones V has been channeled into 3D Patreons.

On the other hand, we have something like $400 in Bones Black - so it wasn't exactly starved.

So, alternate between the two?

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

So, poor Sephy has a sinus infection. They gave us eye drops and antibiotics for her. They also did a covid test on her <_< 

I’d really like to get a job that doesn’t involve babies coughing in my mouth. I’ve never been this sick, this much

Its called living with a disease vector.  Just wait, if you have 2 and there's a few years between them the real fun begins as you have 2 vectors merrily trading bugs in your house from separate reservoirs... and of course you get to try all of them.  Hope you and the kiddo feel better soon 

11 hours ago, haldir said:

Ah but the present he has reveals this!

ec3c2188cbffc30dc560c6f2ce03b8e9.jpg

Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the middle.  

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Do you want Bones minis that you can paint right out of the box, or do you want a machine you have to tweak and twiddle with which will allow you to make a variety of interesting and entertaining objects?  A 3d printer is a project by itself, even before you get to the cool files you can print.  

If you just want to paint, get the Bones.  If you like longer, involved projects, get the printer.    

Stop fighting and give in, you know you are going to get both... welcome to the dark side.  At least we have cookies!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2