Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

5 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

In other news, question for y'all. Which do you think is a better choice - buying a 3D printer, or backing the Bones kickstarter?

I've backed them since version II ( missed Bones I but bought almost all of them later).

However since I own a 3D printer I'm using funds for patreons and get files every month.

With a printer you can print as many copies as you like on the other hand you need to support/print/clean/cure etc.

Kickstarter is buy and wait, the waiting game is the worst..and the shipping/VAT.

On the subject of storage, 3D files are stored on the hardrive instead of a cabinet/boxes/shelves full of minis.

Of course when you start printing those shelves will be filled anyway..

I would say 3D printing is a great addition to the hobby, not a replacement.

It's kinda personal.

All in all, for me personally I find myself buying files instead of minis lately, still backed Bones IV and Desert of the Dead from TT Combat though.

It just opens a new dimension.

Here is a wise man who can tell you how to choose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JB8xizXnT0

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

The complete opposite of telling kids to get off your lawn: https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/guy-catches-neighbor-kid/?fbclid=IwAR2NVIr76ImYO73YzIbXajgtoo049tu1mBcYfKUc75xOK284Hsa2qeo8cAs

It's nice to remember that there are still nice folks out there. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

That's just awesome!

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I've backed them since version II ( missed Bones I but bought almost all of them later).

However since I own a 3D printer I'm using funds for patreons and get files every month.

With a printer you can print as many copies as you like on the other hand you need to support/print/clean/cure etc.

Kickstarter is buy and wait, the waiting game is the worst..and the shipping/VAT.

On the subject of storage, 3D files are stored on the hardrive instead of a cabinet/boxes/shelves full of minis.

Of course when you start printing those shelves will be filled anyway..

I would say 3D printing is a great addition to the hobby, not a replacement.

It's kinda personal.

All in all, for me personally I find myself buying files instead of minis lately, still backed Bones IV and Desert of the Dead from TT Combat though.

It just opens a new dimension.

Here is a wise man who can tell you how to choose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JB8xizXnT0

You missed a chance to Rickroll.

• Haha 12

4 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Its called living with a disease vector.  Just wait, if you have 2 and there's a few years between them the real fun begins as you have 2 vectors merrily trading bugs in your house from separate reservoirs... and of course you get to try all of them.  Hope you and the kiddo feel better soon 

Ugh, I remember those days. The first year my step-kids moved in they were in primary and grade 2. So I went from the "germ free" single living to having a meeting with HR about how many days I'd taken as sick days in a very short period of time.

Reminds me, if someone could explain "average" to HR, that'd be great.  Booking a meeting with everyone who is out more than the average number of sick days is just.....sigh. :blink:

• Like 3
  • Sad 10

More clouds, more rain, except* for the lack of stray dogs handing out quests, it's looking like Falkreath out there...finally Arkay noticed us again!

*Ok I haven't seen any abnormally large spiders or Spiriggans either, but I haven't ventured into the nearby woods for awhile....

100_1832.JPG.418e966c8d490c07ea749f8338668f1a.JPG

But this drain by Pavillion Rd might contain an entrance to a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary....

2 minutes ago, BadgersinMeadows said:

pumpkin spice latte today,

The Great Pumpkin weeps....

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, OneBoot said:

EDIT: Oh hey, it looks like the "enter key closing the keyboard on mobile" issue is finally fixed! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Whooo, it isn't happening on my end either, so insanely happy about that! 

Whoever thought such a "feature" in a live build was a good idea...

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmmm, something in the Universe decided to Ying my Yang.

I had to pay the medical bill for Brutus, a little over € 100...

Today I noticed I have won € 100 in the National Lottery..

Thata great news!  Assuming you entered the lottery, of course! 

...which reminds me, I'm tempted to get a ticket to the lotteries today. Sure, they're only 19 and 14 million (Lotto Max caps out at 60ish million), but one of them has an extra 10x 25k draws in it too. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Its called living with a disease vector.  Just wait, if you have 2 and there's a few years between them the real fun begins as you have 2 vectors merrily trading bugs in your house from separate reservoirs... and of course you get to try all of them.  Hope you and the kiddo feel better soon 

Quoted for truth. Before I got married I lived with my dad and we didn't travel a lot. Got sick occasionally. Once the kids were in school it seemed like a biweekly thing. Better now that the boys are in high school but we have a 3 year old plague bearer in training. She often catches something if we go anywhere but doesn't seem to infect us all of the time. I'm sure that'll change once she hits school.

• Like 10