Jump to content
Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Rohirrim....TO THE KING!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.0bfda8089a49d105351e61dd642d2c85.png

 

Megan, this year. (Me, I always have a loverly submariner's tan....)

 

The Auld Grump - the Whirr, whirr, Whirr, whirr of the Creality is strangely hypnotic....

  • Like 7
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

image.thumb.png.0bfda8089a49d105351e61dd642d2c85.png

 

Megan, this year. (Me, I always have a loverly submariner's tan....)

 

The Auld Grump - the Whirr, whirr, Whirr, whirr of the Creality is strangely hypnotic....

The cartoonist is local. ::):

 

We were too distracted by the NEW TOY! and ended the game early.

 

The PCs are about to go to war, growing their kingdom by three setlements and encroaching into orc held lands.

 

Grump and me did some practice battles last night, and are setting up some more, since the game wrapped early.

 

And, because we have the NEW TOY! we will be printing 3D tiles to replace the ones from Mighty Empires.

 

Same map, just prettier. ::):

 

Did I mention we have a NEW TOY!?

  • Like 8
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Send a complaint to Betsy DeVoss.

If the school can't figure out Zoom they need to have a viable alternative.

GEM

 

I wish my university trained me on Zoom. I mean, sure, I can make it work on the chromebook now but that's because I'm an early millennial, I'm of the generation that clicks all the buttons and pulls all the levers to learn technology because I had no other option ever. All of my students are terrified of breaking something without training that the school is not providing. I had to talk two guys through 'how to learn by pushing random buttons' today during my office hours.

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So DH and I were sitting her discussing the show we'd just watched and .... 

 

Arachnophobe filter:

Spoiler

 

He says "Damn that's a big spider. "  It's crawling up the post at the top of the stairs. I didn't get a good look at it in the poor hallway lighting, but it looks like a male garden spider.  DH grabbed a sour cream container to try and capture it and take it outside where it belongs. Garage door has been open a few days, it probably crawled in.  DH clamps the container down over it, and carefully pulls it away from the post..... no spider. 

 

Damn. 

 

There's a 1.5" spider wandering around my house tonight.  

 

 

  • Like 10
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

 

I wish my university trained me on Zoom. I mean, sure, I can make it work on the chromebook now but that's because I'm an early millennial, I'm of the generation that clicks all the buttons and pulls all the levers to learn technology because I had no other option ever. All of my students are terrified of breaking something without training that the school is not providing. I had to talk two guys through 'how to learn by pushing random buttons' today during my office hours.

my college is using webex instead. I am the on call tech support for it. We have had multiple trainings this summer, and made cheat sheets, and instructions and video demonstrations, and were even around to talk people through how to do things for 10.5 hours a day all week long. The only ones who even looked at it in advance were the ones who wouldn't need help anyway.

 

I wish we were using zoom, it has a lot less to go wrong.

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MusicalFeline said:

It’s official!!!!

 

I have received the role of...

 

SCHROEDER!!!!!


Which is CRAZY because he never even crossed my mind, yet now that I think about it, he is a pretty good fit for me!!

 

And it’s DOUBLY CRAZY because that’s a pretty up-there role, and I’ve never done any real acting before.

 

And it’s TRIPLY CRAZY because that’s usually a role they give to upperclassmen, one of whom I am not.

 

So, in conclusion, I am hyped as all heck about this!!!

:bday: Congratulations! :bday:

GEM

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Inarah said:

So DH and I were sitting her discussing the show we'd just watched and .... 

 

Arachnophobe filter:

  Hide contents

 

He says "Damn that's a big spider. "  It's crawling up the post at the top of the stairs. I didn't get a good look at it in the poor hallway lighting, but it looks like a male garden spider.  DH grabbed a sour cream container to try and capture it and take it outside where it belongs. Garage door has been open a few days, it probably crawled in.  DH clamps the container down over it, and carefully pulls it away from the post..... no spider. 

 

Damn. 

 

There's a 1.5" spider wandering around my house tonight.  

 

 

burning_down_the_house_by_onyxcarmine-d8

  • Like 2
  • Haha 17
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the help of some friendly people on a glass fusing page, I think I figured out what went wrong with the slumping of my wine glass plate. I think I used the wrong program in the kiln - I overheated it for a full fuse instead of just enough to slump into the mold. The bad part is that it means I screwed up and it was a wholly preventable mistake, if I had just paid more attention to what I was doing when I programmed the kiln.  The good part is that operator errors are generally the easiest to keep from happening again, if one is able to learn from their mistakes. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

It’s official!!!!

 

I have received the role of...

 

SCHROEDER!!!!!


Which is CRAZY because he never even crossed my mind, yet now that I think about it, he is a pretty good fit for me!!

 

And it’s DOUBLY CRAZY because that’s a pretty up-there role, and I’ve never done any real acting before.

 

And it’s TRIPLY CRAZY because that’s usually a role they give to upperclassmen, one of whom I am not.

 

So, in conclusion, I am hyped as all heck about this!!!

but now you have to deal with Lucy being in love with you.  I'm so so sorry

also congrats on getting the role.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Okay, lemme try again...

 

Actors that Ate Rotten Pineapples?

Apes Airing Reruns and Pop concerts?

Admirable Admirals Reaching for Pipes?

American Association of Reaper Painters? :upside:

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where'd the evening go? *has five more hours in Mechwarrior:Online*  hmm, yeah, was worth it and was a ton of fun too. 

 

...Even if my mech went boom way too often due to over committing... 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

 

I wish we were using zoom, it has a lot less to go wrong.

 

We've actually had very few problems with Zoom, Teams, Telehealth, etc.  But the middle school has a complicated suite of programs all working together, or rather maybe not.  

 

The community college has got it together, there's a Discord for my 18 year old's Japanese class.  Not sure if they will have class via Discord, but I guess we'll see.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

It’s official!!!!

 

I have received the role of...

 

SCHROEDER!!!!!


Which is CRAZY because he never even crossed my mind, yet now that I think about it, he is a pretty good fit for me!!

 

And it’s DOUBLY CRAZY because that’s a pretty up-there role, and I’ve never done any real acting before.

 

And it’s TRIPLY CRAZY because that’s usually a role they give to upperclassmen, one of whom I am not.

 

So, in conclusion, I am hyped as all heck about this!!!

 

Congrats!

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Rohirrim....TO THE KING!!!!!!

 

5 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

 

FORTH EORLINGAS!!!

 

image.thumb.png.804cf1962073b5ed35aea946040050b7.png

 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...