Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

I’m pretty sure I make Something mad. First it was the pneumonia+period, a delightful combo as ever there was one. Now I’ve got pneumonia+food poisoning. I just emptied the contents of my stomach into a trash can, and yay! Here come the stomach cramps.

I think I would have preferred a regular old smiting.

• Sad 27

Apologies if this got shared already and I missed it, but am I crazy or is Venus as a watery world super cool?

9E0FDD9B-C33F-4DDC-9E82-31B9C2F9EE39.thumb.jpeg.c2d5afa27e28bf0402ae1ef758c3ade5.jpeg

I'm kinda in love with it. There's a spiral and a brokenness to it that still feels natural.  Immediately made me wants to start homebrewin' a whole new world. The boundless potential of an unmarked map is intoxicating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Okay... test time. :unsure:

Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I had to talk two guys through 'how to learn by pushing random buttons' today during my office hours.

Maybe they should rename your class "Life Lessons with @NebulousMissy." I mean, without button-mashing, we'd never have discovered the Konami code of "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and Start."

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

The bad part is that it means I screwed up and it was a wholly preventable mistake, if I had just paid more attention to what I was doing when I programmed the kiln.  The good part is that operator errors are generally the easiest to keep from happening again, if one is able to learn from their mistakes.

In my experience, that is generally what a mistake is. But now just channel your inner Bob Ross; it's not a mistake, just a happy accident.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

So DH and I were sitting her discussing the show we'd just watched and .... 

Arachnophobe filter:

Reveal hidden contents

He says "Damn that's a big spider. "  It's crawling up the post at the top of the stairs. I didn't get a good look at it in the poor hallway lighting, but it looks like a male garden spider.  DH grabbed a sour cream container to try and capture it and take it outside where it belongs. Garage door has been open a few days, it probably crawled in.  DH clamps the container down over it, and carefully pulls it away from the post..... no spider. 

Damn. 

There's a 1.5" spider wandering around my house tonight.  

d27704954392179f485eb223b5557161.jpg.2d459260c5bc381fdfb7a2f1848b9b51.jpg

8 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

It’s official!!!!

I have received the role of...

SCHROEDER!!!!!

Which is CRAZY because he never even crossed my mind, yet now that I think about it, he is a pretty good fit for me!!

And it’s DOUBLY CRAZY because that’s a pretty up-there role, and I’ve never done any real acting before.

And it’s TRIPLY CRAZY because that’s usually a role they give to upperclassmen, one of whom I am not.

So, in conclusion, I am hyped as all heck about this!!!

Good for you!! :winkthumbs:

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Good luck to you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

It’s official!!!!

SCHROEDER!!!!!

Which is CRAZY because he never even crossed my mind, yet now that I think about it, he is a pretty good fit for me!!

And it’s DOUBLY CRAZY because that’s a pretty up-there role, and I’ve never done any real acting before.

And it’s TRIPLY CRAZY because that’s usually a role they give to upperclassmen, one of whom I am not.

:winkthumbs: congratulations!:winkthumbs:. Thats great to hear!

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

Best of luck!  You have my support (and my axe!)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

So DH and I were sitting her discussing the show we'd just watched and .... 

Arachnophobe filter:

Reveal hidden contents

He says "Damn that's a big spider. "  It's crawling up the post at the top of the stairs. I didn't get a good look at it in the poor hallway lighting, but it looks like a male garden spider.  DH grabbed a sour cream container to try and capture it and take it outside where it belongs. Garage door has been open a few days, it probably crawled in.  DH clamps the container down over it, and carefully pulls it away from the post..... no spider. 

Damn. 

There's a 1.5" spider wandering around my house tonight.  

Did somebody say 'spider'??!?!?!? 

DSCN7958.thumb.JPG.f8fcb71c3759d435d19fc53a66858756.jpeg.52135793c47cb41ccb072853227cd259.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Did somebody say 'spider'??!?!?!? 

DSCN7958.thumb.JPG.f8fcb71c3759d435d19fc53a66858756.jpeg.52135793c47cb41ccb072853227cd259.jpeg

Is that a picture of Diva ?

• Like 9

... it's so thick out there that I went out to RELEASE THE.. chickens. .. with an N95 mask on. It's bad enough inside (the doors don't seal very well, frustratingly) that the cats are sneezing and looking at us reproachfully. All I can do is replace the filter on the air purifier in our bedroom and imply that's a better place for them to hang out. >.<

Looking forward to the wind shift that carries this away, even though it was refreshingly cool out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

11 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:
11 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

It’s official!!!!

SCHROEDER!!!!!

but now you have to deal with Lucy being in love with you.  I'm so so sorry…

But, think of all the great snarky lines in scenes with her…! 

And, you don't have to get a buzzcut, Schroeder had hair!

And, and!  No scenes with Lucy …involving footballs.

Congrats MF.

Can you play the piano?

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Kuroneko said:
4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Same here. Godspeed

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1