Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

34 minutes ago, TGP said:

Is that a picture of Diva ?

Yup, that's the floofy wee brat in all her fuzzy glory ::D:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

... it's so thick out there that I went out to RELEASE THE.. chickens. .. with an N95 mask on. It's bad enough inside (the doors don't seal very well, frustratingly) that the cats are sneezing and looking at us reproachfully. All I can do is replace the filter on the air purifier in our bedroom and imply that's a better place for them to hang out. >.<

Looking forward to the wind shift that carries this away, even though it was refreshingly cool out.

I'm currently using some of the "Oh no" masks I got early in the pandemic that don't work that well. Except that I can put some coffee filters in them that work really well in current conditions.

• Like 9

feeling merciful today.  decided not to let my party go through the temple of Poseidon with less than half the suggested levels...  They will continue their undersea adventure instead.  trying to convince the king of the sea elves to commit his army to their cause (the party does not know that there is no army, the city is under a spell so that the residents can only see the city as it was 500 years ago when it was a trading nexus.  now it is mostly ruins and the only quarter of the city that is active is the administration sector.  What was a city of 50000 is now a crumbling ruin with maybe 500 inhabitants)  Although the party can see the state of the city they can also see the fake people (at least until they successfully disbelieve the illusion and no one has tried yet) and since they have never been to an undersea city before they have no idea what an undersea city is supposed to look like.

my plan is for them to find the cause of this problem.  they can stop it, but that wont fix the fact that the army they think exists isnt there and they will have to find a new one somewhere else...

• Like 14

12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Where'd the evening go? *has five more hours in Mechwarrior:Online*  hmm, yeah, was worth it and was a ton of fun too. 

...Even if my mech went boom way too often due to over committing... 

Watch for Mechmann on there, he's an old friend and KNOWS Battletech...

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Crowley said:

If I got lucky with which questions were test questions...

They throw in fake questions? :huh: :blink:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TGP said:

They throw in fake questions? :huh: :blink:

Not fake, but questions they're testing out for future tests.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

was throwing in numbers [as] I watched the clock count down...

Wouldn't a more correct answer be to leave one blank? if you didn't know the answer; rather than just throw in a number?

As a working professional, seems like if some accounting problem was so bad the answer defied you, you'd stop, say I don't know, I need to look that up. (?)

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Not fake, but questions they're testing out for future tests.

That is cruel…

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TGP said:

Wouldn't a more correct answer be to leave one blank? if you didn't know the answer; rather than just throw in a number?

As a working professional, seems like if some accounting problem was so bad the answer defied you, you'd stop, say I don't know, I need to look that up. (?)

Depends on the standardized test.  Some tests penalize you for guessing (like the SAT back when i took it) but others, Like the EIT, offer no penalty for a wrong answer over a blank so why not?

Of course the first case leads to some interesting cases where you can get half credit for turning in a sheet with just your name...  

42 minutes ago, TGP said:

That is cruel…

It's a gate tool.  I'm guessing the goal is to limit supply to the truly gifted or dedicated.

@Crowley. I hope you succeed!  For all the work you put into this, you deserve it!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I love how you accurately described my approach to every technology ever. :lol:

If that's really what it means to be an early millennial, then I'm okay with calling myself such. I've avoided the label like the plague due to its negative connotation, even though my birth year ('85) puts me in the millennial range based on some charts. I' m sort of an in-between, where I grew up before internet and cell phones were a big thing, but now own a smart phone and am comfortable with most electronic devices.

I'm gonna tell people from now on that I'm part of the PUSH ALL THE BUTTONS generation. :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I was born late '82. Some charts call me an early millennial, others lump me into gen x, and still others throw up their hands and give up on me. I'm a generational cusp but definitely feel more like a millennial than anything prior.

To uphold the idea of a cusp, my younger sister, born '85, is really more of a gen x-er in financial situation, in ideals, in her relationship with technology, and in her husband.

:ph34r: Push ALL THE BUTTONS! And pull all the levers :B):

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

@NebulousMissy Next homework assignment: Memorize this flow chart. There will be a quiz on Monday. 

tech_support_cheat_sheet.png

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

It seems incomplete. Where is the box that says SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR ?  There should be at least two of those….

• Like 2
  • Haha 12