Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

15 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

I was born late '82. Some charts call me an early millennial, others lump me into gen x, and still others throw up their hands and give up on me. I'm a generational cusp but definitely feel more like a millennial than anything prior.

Yeah, I'd probably say I'm a Gen-x with millennial tendencies lol. It's given me an interesting perspective, being able to talk to people about shared experiences ranging from dial-up, DOS, floppy disks and cassette tapes to bluetooth, streaming and social media. 

Being part of a cusp generation is fun. :wub:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 11

16 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

:bday: Congratulations! :bday:

GEM

15 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

but now you have to deal with Lucy being in love with you.  I'm so so sorry

also congrats on getting the role.

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The best part is that you're willing to work for Peanuts. ::D:

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Congrats!

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Good for you!! :winkthumbs:

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

:winkthumbs: congratulations!:winkthumbs:. Thats great to hear!

4 hours ago, TGP said:

But, think of all the great snarky lines in scenes with her…! 

And, you don't have to get a buzzcut, Schroeder had hair!

And, and!  No scenes with Lucy …involving footballs.

Congrats MF.

Can you play the piano?

Many hearty thanks to all of you!!!

Good news though involving Lucy. Remember that friend of mine I mentioned after my audition? The one who was supposed to be right after me?

Yeah, she's Lucy.

Which is REALLY good because I get to hear Lucy's songs sung nicely, and not in Llana Levine's screechy earbleed-inducing voice. No offense to her personally, but I cannot stand her voice.

@TGP Nah, I can't really play the piano. But hey, I have 'til October 30th to learn. Or at least learn how to fake it convincingly. ::P:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

Well, that was grueling... I was working to the last second, didn't finish the last bit, was throwing in numbers was I watched the clock count down... I've never before run out the clock on a test. It will be a miracle if I hit 75%, but only a small one I think... I might have passed... maybe. If I got lucky with which questions were test questions... Hmm... Ah well. Now the waiting game until the results come out next month.

Off to go get my flu shot!

Up late, plus the 3 hour time difference, so couldn't wish you luck earlier but you have mucho good vibes being sent towards your test.  Hoping you make it.  Try not to stress out over this.

GEM

• Like 8

Megan is out with Brigid - Brigid is selecting my birthday cake for tomorrow. ::):

Anyone else that has kids notice that gravity changes when you have a young child?

The pastry section at the grocery store certainly has an increased pull....

The Auld Grump, oh no, a singularity! A Black Forest Cake is pulling me in!

• Like 4
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, TGP said:

It seems incomplete. Where is the box that says SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR ?  There should be at least two of those….

Swearing is the most important step. There needs to be more than two boxes.

No, srsly, I taught my students the importance of swearing during/at lab accidents. Because if you can swear at a situation you'll probably be fine. If you can't then you need to deescalate it until you can swear at it. I used the cotton labcoat as an example. If I get set on fire with a cotton labcoat I will throw it off while swearing under the stream of the safety shower. If I get set on fire with a polyester labcoat I would not be swearing because I could easily end up dead.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, TGP said:

It seems incomplete. Where is the box that says SWEAR LIKE A SAILOR ?  There should be at least two of those….

I can provide assistance with that, if needed.

Also, there should something about threatening it with a hammer, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

46 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Swearing is the most important step. There needs to be more than two boxes.

No, srsly, I taught my students the importance of swearing during/at lab accidents. Because if you can swear at a situation you'll probably be fine. If you can't then you need to deescalate it until you can swear at it. I used the cotton labcoat as an example. If I get set on fire with a cotton labcoat I will throw it off while swearing under the stream of the safety shower. If I get set on fire with a polyester labcoat I would not be swearing because I could easily end up dead.

Y'know, that's actually pretty darn true.

I never thought of it that way. If you can swear at it, you'll be fine. If you ain't swearing, you better be acting. Huh!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Now the waiting game until the results come out next month.

Grab a beer. Or several. You've earned it.

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

even though my birth year ('85) puts me in the millennial range based on some charts. I' m sort of an in-between, where I grew up before internet and cell phones were a big thing

But cell phones WERE big things back then... Just look at Zack Morris' from Saved by the Bell... that sucker was huuuuuuge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, Crowley said:

Okay... test time. :unsure:

I hope it went well!  Sucks to have to wait so long for the result, though.  

6 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

... it's so thick out there that I went out to RELEASE THE.. chickens. .. with an N95 mask on. It's bad enough inside (the doors don't seal very well, frustratingly) that the cats are sneezing and looking at us reproachfully. All I can do is replace the filter on the air purifier in our bedroom and imply that's a better place for them to hang out. >.<

Looking forward to the wind shift that carries this away, even though it was refreshingly cool out.

At the suggestion of friends, I turned on our furnace fan only.  Because that's the best filter we've got, and having the air moving helps it not feel so closed in.  At least it's not hot, although that's probably because the smoke layer is so thick that the sun is quite effectively blocked out.  It's still strangely apocalyptic out there, though.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmmm, my birthday cake seems to be a largish rectangular object covered in colored paper....

The Auld Grump

Interesting...

I have never seen a wrapped cake before. Pix please?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

Not fake, but questions they're testing out for future tests.

They do that for ServSafe tests too. Those are considerably easier to pass, though. Only 1 day of studying and I get upset if I don't get 100%. I think like 80 is passing. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan is out with Brigid - Brigid is selecting my birthday cake for tomorrow. ::):

Anyone else that has kids notice that gravity changes when you have a young child?

The pastry section at the grocery store certainly has an increased pull....

The Auld Grump, oh no, a singularity! A Black Forest Cake is pulling me in!

If it doesn't have blue or green frosting, then it's not a real birthday cake. It's only cake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

If it doesn't have blue or green frosting, then it's not a real birthday cake. It's only cake.

Somehow, I just can't imagine a Black Forest Cake :wub: with Blue or Green frosting.

GEM

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8