Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

2 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

New witch coven for Halloween, new nosferatu, new headless infantryman with a bunch of options, bones black restocks, ghoulie bags in october with an orange paint that has been out of print for a while, and a clear blue ghost, slight delays on airbrushes, something new in December.

I won a gift card

Cool. Thanks. I had a feeling there would be something for Halloween, and I have been hoarding gift certs for the occasion.  Congrats on the win.  We eat dinner at ~6pm and I always forget about the stream. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Sooooo....  You're ready to move to the west coast?  I have to say, I was not sad to have snow go from a constant thing to a once in a long while thing.  

I've spent enough time on the wet coast. It would be better than snow, but I think the constant dull grey everything would be just as depressing, maybe more.

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The difference between the two groups - first group spent three hours in introductions and chatter, a half hour of actual play.

The second group spent half an hour with introductions and chatter, three and a half in actual play. With a lot less time wasted between the two stages.

The second group is chugging along enough under their own power that they have not yet received the invitation from Sir Guy Malagent, retired villain of the old school. (He actually introduces himself that way....)

His inspiration -

image.thumb.png.14745a1dbfdd150e523816dde6a2e8c4.png

The Auld Grump

Rusty and Co. is such a great comic, most of the time. 

• Like 9

Ah, the second group cheated!

They didn't wait for the game before introducing themselves to each other!

And shared the info on what was going on.

Which, thinking on it, is still a pretty strong statement on the differences between the two groups....

The Auld Grump

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

It was announced this afternoon that the City of Anaheim, Cal. has a $100 million hole in it's annual budget , due mainly to Disneyland and the surrounding Disney Resort being closed.

They just got the Star Wars Land off the ground and a Death Star smaller than a pinpoint has blown up the world. :down:

GEM

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Not to get political, but It's confirmed:

owAhyQTKri.thumb.jpeg.8b40a600d4756e49cb9bae8927ca73d6.jpeg

Now in the convenient, rackable, carded blister pack.

GEM

Someone actually made a toy of this? ..?.. ..?.. :upside:  Rolls to disbelieve. Asks for re-roll . . . .

29 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

It was announced this afternoon that the City of Anaheim, Cal. has a $100 million hole in it's annual budget , due mainly to Disneyland and the surrounding Disney Resort being closed.

They just got the Star Wars Land off the ground and a Death Star smaller than a pinpoint has blown up the world. :down:

GEM

There are numerous cities in this boat, or very similar sinking boats. Usually due to reliance on sales tax revenues for their budget.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

but I think the constant dull grey everything would be just as depressing, maybe more.

That was the final straw that drove me out of Northern California in the late 90s.  I was going through a divorce, my condo was worth less than I owed, and the new job I just started turned out to be a bunch of lies.  Then we had 6 weeks straight of gray skies and drizzle, not a single glimpse of the sun.  I went to Colorado for a quick weekend trip for my niece's baptism, and the February sunshine was so glorious I decided right there and then I was moving back to Colorado. Because although there was cold and snow, there was still sunshine at least every couple weeks. Got back to California and the next 8 weeks were still mostly gray and drizzle. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 4

I am a murderously pissed off wolf right now.:grr:

My wife texted me at 3 am from the local ER saying she fell at work and was being checked for a possible concussion.

A few messages back and forth, and then I jump into the shower to help wake me up so I'm safe to drive. I get out of the shower and text her saying I'm on the way. She replies that it's ok, they're letting her go shortly. Confused, I reply asking her if she needs a ride; she says no.

:blink:

They made her drive to the hospital with a possible concussion?!?

I'm desperately fighting the urge to channel R. Lee Ermey and go verbally eviscerate the idiots she works with/for, but I know it'd backlash on her. 

:grr::grr:

• Like 1
  • Sad 27

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Someone actually made a toy of this? ..?.. ..?.. :upside:  Rolls to disbelieve. Asks for re-roll . . . .

There are numerous cities in this boat, or very similar sinking boats. Usually due to reliance on sales tax revenues for their budget.

Yeup.  Seems the Golden Goose isn't laying eggs [in the form of lots of tourist dollars that the city gets a percentage of] so the goose has suddenly turned into a Tar Baby what with all the "city services" that have to be maintained in anticipation of goosies egg laying resuming.

Emperor Governor Newsom has stated that they are working on "guidelines" for getting things reopened but no word on any potential opening dates.

We were actually planning to spend some time at Disneyland this summer [now behind us] as well as a Knott's Berry Farm [we both love the Chicken Dinners and I know a lot of the history of the railroad equipment].  Ours, like many thousands of peoples plans, got changed for us.

GEM

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I am a murderously pissed off wolf right now.:grr:

My wife texted me at 3 am from the local ER saying she fell at work and was being checked for a possible concussion.

A few messages back and forth, and then I jump into the shower to help wake me up so I'm safe to drive. I get out of the shower and text her saying I'm on the way. She replies that it's ok, they're letting her go shortly. Confused, I reply asking her if she needs a ride; she says no.

:blink:

I'm desperately fighting the urge to channel R. Lee Ermey and go verbally eviscerate the idiots she works with/for, but I know it'd backlash on her. 

:grr::grr:

You're rightfully angry, but indeed, sometimes it's better to say nothing.

Hope she'll be alright.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

New witch coven for Halloween, new nosferatu, new headless infantryman with a bunch of options, bones black restocks, ghoulie bags in october with an orange paint that has been out of print for a while, and a clear blue ghost, slight delays on airbrushes, something new in December.

I won a gift card

Oooohhhh.... Were there pics of this new witch coven??

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Yeup.  Seems the Golden Goose isn't laying eggs [in the form of lots of tourist dollars that the city gets a percentage of] so the goose has suddenly turned into a Tar Baby what with all the "city services" that have to be maintained in anticipation of goosies egg laying resuming.

Emperor Governor Newsom has stated that they are working on "guidelines" for getting things reopened but no word on any potential opening dates.

We were actually planning to spend some time at Disneyland this summer [now behind us] as well as a Knott's Berry Farm [we both love the Chicken Dinners and I know a lot of the history of the railroad equipment].  Ours, like many thousands of peoples plans, got changed for us.

GEM

That happens during a pandemic...

@Chaoswolf hope she's okay.

COFFEE

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Oooohhhh.... Were there pics of this new witch coven??

Yes. They're pretty nice, and have a cauldron. The headless infantryman was also good, multiple hands, pumpkin head, skull head, human head, or no head. 

I think I also forgot to mention there was also a new scare crow

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wife has left with the kids to get them tested so they can return to school...  Based on reports, the testing centers are already nearing capacity for the day with folks lining up at 4am...  :down:  I'm having some coffee before I head out to tag in waiting in line since the temperature has dipped a little (4C, 39F) and standing still for all that time is going to get uncomfortable.  Wait time is in the 6 hour range... 

If my kids did not resist me as a teacher as much as they do, I'd pull them from school and do it all here, but if it's not games, technology or fixing things, I am apparently a complete idiot in their eyes... 

Enjoy your caffeine folks, stay warm and hug your loved ones!  It's Friday! 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe a coworker took her? or is at least giving her a ride back?

She will be annoyed with you if you are all snarly when she didn’t want you to be...

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Yes. They're pretty nice, and have a cauldron. The headless infantryman was also good, multiple hands, pumpkin head, skull head, human head, or no head. 

I think I also forgot to mention there was also a new scare crow

Just watched the twitch stream. Very nice. Really like the headless infantryman. I painted up the old version of the witch coven. Not sure if I should wait for the Bones 6 version (with hut?!?) or get the metal one next month. I like the new nosferatu vampire too.

MOAR COFFEE

• Like 5

Just now, Crowley said:

Really like the headless infantryman.

That makes two of us (but I am sure we are many more than two).

I might have to get three of him. 

(In one blister they give you a choice of NINE different figures. Nine!)

• Like 8