Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

13 hours ago, ShadowRaven said:

I've spent enough time on the wet coast. It would be better than snow, but I think the constant dull grey everything would be just as depressing, maybe more.

I find the extra hours of winter daylight help.  As does having skylights in my house.  But then I was far enough north that I only got to watch the sunrise from school classrooms and sunset walking home at 3pm.  

I've been as snarly as a wolf myself these days...  I've hit my breaking point with my oldest daughter because she only cares about other people and her so-called friends mostly care about themselves.  Time to make some new elfing friends.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Update: my wife is home and resting, the ER doctor said to take it easy today, follow up with primary care doctor, and she should be fine. She's got a really nasty looking bruise/bump from where she hit her head.

I thought (was hoping) that might be the case, which was another factor in my decision to not go looking for someone to go nuclear on.

That's not what happened, though.<_<

Sweet Jelly Baby Jesus. ::o:

Of all the irresponsible... I am so glad your wife is recovering, but... words.

The Auld Grump

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

It's a crazy carpet dog blanket with bad mother spikes. Pretty neat, but I think I need the +2 with haunch and chest guards. And maybe a flame thrower. If I can't have sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads I want the next best thing.  

Given that SCA and related entities aren't doing much lately, you might just be able to find an armorer willing to do a custom plate-and-chainmail piece for your dog for a reasonable price...

7 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Sweet Jelly Baby Jesus. ::o:

Of all the irresponsible... I am so glad your wife is recovering, but... words.

The Auld Grump

Yeah, that.  :grr:

This is me, smacking people with a psychic 2x4.

• Like 10

Thanks, everybody.::):

So, I finally stopped in to the new GW store in town. It was kinda weird; due to covid they have 90% of the store blocked off. No wandering around and seeing what's what, you go up to the counter and ask the store employee to go and fetch you one of whatever. Since I didn't particularly want anything specific, it was a short visit.

Probably better for my wallet anyway.::D:

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, I got it.

GEM

If you understood that, your memory is still intact.

I have been inflicting that show on Megan - it was one of the inspirations for the fantasy cops game. ::):

And related to games - our copy of Ultimate Kingdoms arrived - foisting it off on Megan with only a half hour 'til the game begins. ::P:

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

OMG. 

So, Grandma passed last November. Sad, yes, but time has passed. Aunt got probate finally started and wants to liquidate the estate ASAP. That means a rapid trip down to Texas to gather up what we want to preserve before she hires someone to empty the home.

Not a big deal. Drive down and will pick up a uHaul and then drive it back to Denver. 

Until I got the truck. Rented the 20’ but got the 26’ monster. Their absolutely biggest one. I am NOT looking forward to driving that back!

Will try to swap it in the morning, but man, that’s just more stress than I planned. I am not confident of being able to gas it up easily. 

A316FBB8-542D-48F3-A19A-D141387AED60.jpeg.08f11330f3e6f36566331ac5370f641f.jpeg

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 16
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Until I got the truck. Rented the 20’ but got the 26’ monster. Their absolutely biggest one. I am NOT looking forward to driving that back!

Did they not have the Winnebago with wings? That thing is huge!

So, Grandma passed last November. Sad, yes, but time has passed. Aunt got probate finally started and wants to liquidate the estate ASAP. That means a rapid trip down to Texas to gather up what we want to preserve before she hires someone to empty the home.

I can't see this word without thinking of this:

probate.jpg.c4a8ff7773fa89e01a9e92902b9b5613.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Today it feels like autumn.

Autumn is fine, but, in Stark terms, it means Winter is Coming.

I've been thinking that since the end of August. Depending on the year winter could give us a taste any time now although it shouldn't really start until the end of October. Scrambling like mad to do some larger jobs that I wanted to handle in June but couldn't buy materials because of stupid virus related shortages. TP wasn't the only thing not in stock for awhile. Sore, tired and slightly crispy because it's been hotter than normal but all I can think is it could be cold, wet and snowy any time and I still got too much to do before then. 

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thanks, everybody.::):

So, I finally stopped in to the new GW store in town. It was kinda weird; due to covid they have 90% of the store blocked off. No wandering around and seeing what's what, you go up to the counter and ask the store employee to go and fetch you one of whatever. Since I didn't particularly want anything specific, it was a short visit.

Probably better for my wallet anyway.::D:

I always did go to GW stores just to browse. Even the guys that worked there understood it was cheaper to buy online. Nowadays I barely look at any GW stuff and haven't been in the store for a couple years. I'm just not crazy about the aesthetic of most of their new minis. Technically impressive but just not interesting for me. So many other companies competing for my money instead.

28 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Well F*** me...

I've quit saying that because it always seemed like there was some petty god or spirit quite willing to take me up on the offer and it wasn't a fun @#!$%^#$!. Hope whatever it is isn't too bad. 

• Like 7

OMG. 

Not a big deal. Drive down and will pick up a uHaul and then drive it back to Denver. 

Will try to swap it in the morning, but man, that’s just more stress than I planned. I am not confident of being able to gas it up easily. 

We had a similar situation with Youngest and U-Haul.

We were dealing some time-sensitive situations and I rented one size, which was allegedly available, and they bumped it to the next size up.  When I called to complain (more out of fear that my driving skills would be inadequate to the task rather than the size of the tank), they could not understand why I wasn't happy about their beneficence.

Luckily for us, Pa Strawhat was comfortable enough with the truck size and willing to lend a hand.

• Like 11