Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

It may still be too warm for sweaters. And it is definitely too warm for the piles of blankets my partner burritos herself into at night. But it's not too warm for a pot of stew ::P:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

It may still be too warm for sweaters. And it is definitely too warm for the piles of blankets my partner burritos herself into at night. But it's not too warm for a pot of stew ::P:

Sounds like it is too soon for a soup question in the GTKY daily questions thread? (Someone who shall remain nameless suggested that I do a soup question, but thus far I have refrained.) I am in good shape on questions, several exist in the question bank, I may run out of days first.

Marvin just posted something. I will have to hit submit to see his comment.

• Like 6

Well the Autumnal equinox is September 22, so I think Tuesday is the officially accepted Northern Hemisphere beginning of soup season. Also cider and all the fall foods.

No, not too early. Never a bad time for a food question :ph34r:

Edited by NebulousMissy
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Well the Autumnal equinox is September 22, so I think Tuesday is the officially accepted Northern Hemisphere beginning of soup season. Also cider and all the fall foods.

Interesting. Takes notes.

3 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

No, not too early. Never a bad time for a food question :ph34r:

Well, I did do cheeseburgers already. And sauce. Takes more notes.

33 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I don't want to change to Wintertime!

It means an extra hour of 2020!

It's OK. Several Atomic Clocks at the USNO will make sure that does not happen. And a bunch of Atomic Clocks could not be wrong. (One could. So that is why they have several.)

Besides, we skipped an hour of 2020 back in the Spring and this made 2020 angry, very angry indeed, and we are being punished… <_<

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I take Monstro to Denver today. Decided to avoid Raton pass with a 26’ Ford F650 Uhaul. 

Not F150. Or even F350. Six. Fifty. 

Is big. And I don’t feel like going thru a mountain pass. So, up thru the plains. Google says it’ll take an extra 45 minutes, but I think it is counting on being able to go at the speed limit, not doing 25 up the hill. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I don't want to change to Wintertime!

It means an extra hour of 2020!

Look at it this way, the sooner Winter gets here, the sooner we can get the heck out of 2020.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just checked and Monstro gets 10 MPG, but has a 60 gallon tank. In theory, I can drive the entire way home without refilling. 

I have 3/4s of a tank to start with. Sales rep emphasized that I need to return it with that much fuel. I was going to be a nice guy and fill it all the way up, but that’s 20 gallons. I think she’s right. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We ended up at IKEA this morning, allegedly just for bulbs. I have no idea how the shark got in the trolley :ph34r:

IMG_20200920_112438.thumb.jpg.e5ea3e15f4f621f7d8fb8fe1480e7c51.jpg

Sharks can appear out of nowhere for a surprise attack.

Better take it home and feed it before it hurts someone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

This last week was miserable. Even after the smoke cleared at the start of the weekend, I'm still coughing, trying to clear the gunk out of my lungs. At least I have energy now to do, well, anything.

I had a friend over Friday night and played a game. He's been in quarantine pretty much the whole time since he lives with his grandmother (and graduated college right when the quarantine kicked in) and I took a lot of precautions. We're going to try and keep doing stuff once a month because we're both going nuts without playing games.

Since I've been avoiding social media and the news, I just found out that the Venture Brothers got cancelled and I'm going to ugly cry about it, I swear... :down:

1261220115273.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

My little girl is growing up but she still likes to find dark corners to hide in.  Yesterday she found my 3d print filament library,..Cleo Is a young ball python

Since some people have issues with snakes thee picture is spoilered 

Hide contents

Cleo says HI!

20200920_083115.thumb.jpg.892d69ed275e655bb691f63ac191b5f1.jpg

sneak peek of the brand new x box 1 Ssssssss

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I've not heard of such. We borrowed the tapes of the show from the library. I was slightly shorter back then, and did not have a beard. Well, nowhere near the length mine is now, anyways. 

I had to look it up.

They have it on Youtube! https://youtu.be/X4ROQIELuFU

• Like 3