Froggy the Great

Randomness XVII: The Madness of the Quorum

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

My little girl is growing up but she still likes to find dark corners to hide in.  Yesterday she found my 3d print filament library,..Cleo Is a young ball python

I'm guessing they like boxes as much as cats do?

I found my large 8-legged friend in the kitchen. He got a short lesson on flying and went into the garden. 

And it's a paint day! 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

It may still be too warm for sweaters. And it is definitely too warm for the piles of blankets my partner burritos herself into at night. But it's not too warm for a pot of stew ::P:

It may be sweater weather for our northern friends. Here it is "maybe grab a flannel shirt this morning" weather.  Never too early to think about a good stew, though. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We ended up at IKEA this morning, allegedly just for bulbs. I have no idea how the shark got in the trolley :ph34r:

IMG_20200920_112438.thumb.jpg.e5ea3e15f4f621f7d8fb8fe1480e7c51.jpg

Am I seriously the only person that can go into ikea with a list of items I'm there for, and walk out only with those items? 

No, I don't "cheat" by making sure I only have enough to get what's on my list, I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to get before, and I'm tactical about it... 

Then again, I've literally been shopping at Ikea long enough it's moved twice in our city - it started in West Edmonton Mall, then moved to Calgary Trail and Whitemud Drive, then it moved to its current space in South Common. 

My parents literally bribed my good behaviour at the hospital as a kid... With trips to Ikea, when they found out I'd outgrown (but still had a ton of fun at) Fantasyland's kid area (now known as Galaxyland due to Disney lawsuit), but I absolutely loved Ikea's kid area.  Then I was old enough to browse with parents. Man that was fun. 

Could have so many stories about my shenanigans at the hospital though, and dad's clever ways of discovering how easy I was to bribe as a kid... 

34 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It may be sweater weather for our northern friends. Here it is "maybe grab a flannel shirt this morning" weather.  Never too early to think about a good stew, though. 

It was shorts weather last night... Well, I wore pants, shocking I know, but there's these annoying things called mosquitos.... 

• Like 8

Made pancakes for dinner.

A few with apple/cinnamon and powdered sugar.

A few plain ones to put jam or sugar or syrup on.

And of course a few with BACON!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

We ended up at IKEA this morning, allegedly just for bulbs. I have no idea how the shark got in the trolley :ph34r:

Landshark!

They've switched tactics in recent years, I guess.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That's loot from the dungeon crawl. But you're supposed to loot the bodies, not take them with you! Hope you took the 10ft pole with you.

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Why do they call it hummus when it doesn't hum?

Why do they call it Lake Titicaca when it isn't filled with boobs or poop? :mellow:

Edited by ManvsMini
merged posts
  • Haha 9

On 9/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Inarah said:

It should be a good weekend here. The weather is great, it would be a perfect day for RenFest, but you know... 

Dammit, I want my Ren Faire back... :devil::down:

12 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

But it's not too warm for a pot of stew ::P:

I need corn chowder. And chicken and dumplings.

Signs I Might Be A New Englander:  I eat corn chowder for breakfast. Sometimes cold.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Well the Autumnal equinox is September 22, so I think Tuesday is the officially accepted Northern Hemisphere beginning of soup season. Also cider and all the fall foods.

No, not too early. Never a bad time for a food question :ph34r:

I could use some soup suggestions, I'm supposed to be feeding my 18 year old salt and fluids.  Soup seems a logical solution.  

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I could use some soup suggestions, I'm supposed to be feeding my 18 year old salt and fluids.  Soup seems a logical solution.  

This is a soup that can be a whole meal

image.thumb.png.1ad360856d5bf95b03b3d112a92d02df.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

You can make a nice easy soup with Tortellini, Kale and Italian sausage.    Maybe add a bit of aromatics and chicken stock.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

That's easy, items in ikea have an attraction to other items in Ikea so you always end up with things you had no idea about until you reach the register

Especially with children in tow

Trick is to use the shortcuts to avoid the children's section :-P

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Am I seriously the only person that can go into ikea with a list of items I'm there for, and walk out only with those items? 

No, I don't "cheat" by making sure I only have enough to get what's on my list, I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to get before, and I'm tactical about it... 

My last trip to Ikea took me 18 minutes from driving into the carpark to driving out of it...with only the things I was planning to get (somehow managed with a tired toddler in tow)

• Like 7